PDA

View Full Version : BotCon 2011 theme is...

griffin
26th January 2011, 11:29 PM
...not yet revealed (sorry for the tease). BUT, apparently it is being revealed in the current issue of the Club Newsletter that Americans are expected to receive tomorrow-ish.

So, before we get to find out what it is and it gets posted here, how about a bit of speculation or hopes on what it might/should be.

Okay, first up we have a clue posted by the botcon people on twitter, saying that so many TFs cartoons end after 3 seasons, and that this year's theme could be referred to as 'season 3.5'... suggesting that it will continue on from a TFs cartoon that had 3 seasons.

They also mentioned that there might be a couple Animated toys this year, but since they said last year that they wouldn't touch Animated (series), it could be like the Transtech Cheetor toy they have planned - in that an Animated mould is being used for a completely different character/series.

So, what do you think it will/should be?

It's the 15th anniversary of Beast Wars this year, and it had 3 seasons... Could we see another BotCon Beast Wars themed set? We've already had Club comics that try to tie up loose ends from the cartoon, can we really have another story tacked on the end that makes sense?

Or maybe the Unicron Trilogy, if you count that as 3 seasons of the one storyline.

Or maybe they're just ignoring Rebirth and it'll be Gen1 themed to capitalise off all the recent Classicverse toys. (Actually, next year would be a good one for that, as they'd be able to use the Kup, Scourge, Blurr and Wreckgar moulds then)

Or maybe they were bluffing, and it will be Animated themed.

Sleeve
26th January 2011, 11:33 PM
YOU SON OF A B****! Tease...........:p

I've been following this closely today, thought it must have finally leaked. Well played, sir. Well played.

Vector Prime
26th January 2011, 11:34 PM
I'm hoping it's BW or Animated themed. Why?

So then I have no interest in any of the toys and won't want to spend ridiculous amounts of money on them. :p

kup
26th January 2011, 11:41 PM
I am hoping for a bit of a continuation of the Euro G1/G2 stuff.

One can always hope for a AM Thundercracker.

autobreadticon
26th January 2011, 11:49 PM
I reckon they would use the current Generation/RTS toyline with maybe some ROTF toys.

I would love some Japanese Headmasters-Masterforce-Victory characters

BW animated :D?
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4021/4265520847_d59b9ab153_z.jpg?zz=1

kup
26th January 2011, 11:59 PM
I reckon they would use the current Generation/RTS toyline with maybe some ROTF toys.

I would love some Japanese Headmasters-Masterforce-Victory characters

BW animated :D?
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4021/4265520847_d59b9ab153_z.jpg?zz=1

That's awesome!

Deonasis
27th January 2011, 01:00 AM
I'm hoping it's BW or Animated themed. Why?

So then I have no interest in any of the toys and won't want to spend ridiculous amounts of money on them. :p

I am hoping for a bit of a continuation of the Euro G1/G2 stuff.

One can always hope for a AM Thundercracker.

^Yes and yes.

Good voice: No matter how cool animated and its toys are i nipped my collecting early due to poor man's syndrome. No need to complete what i never really started.

Bad voice: Exclusives are sexy and if i come back to collect animated later it would be at least 3x cheaper to buy the botcon sets now.

Hursticon
27th January 2011, 12:43 PM
Transformers Animated (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/botcon-2011-theme-revealed/20674/).

Courtesy of Seibertron.com, info from Botcon's Twitter account.

1AZRAEL1
27th January 2011, 12:46 PM
Yea I just saw that. What a dissapointment (from my perspective)

Hursticon
27th January 2011, 12:49 PM
Yea I just saw that. What a dissapointment (from my perspective)

I too share your perspective, especially if they defile Beast Wars with that... *Expletive Deleted* aesthetic. :(

Bartrim
27th January 2011, 01:19 PM
I wonder if they are going to use any of the characters featured in the all spark almanac vol.2

kup
27th January 2011, 01:22 PM
This could end up good or bad, depending on which path they take like characters chosen and paint schemes.

Ode to a Grasshopper
27th January 2011, 01:41 PM
Will feature Animated...
I hope it's not Animated themed because if it is it's the only way we'll ever see an Animated Strika, Cyclonus or Red Alert and I don't have the budget for exclusives...:(
EDIT - Derrick J Wyatt was crucial to the design of the year's sets...NOOOOOO!

Paulbot
27th January 2011, 02:13 PM
Botcon exclusives are an extra $600 (give or take) worth of toys. If you're not into Animated you should be happy about the money you're saving?

Will feature Animated...
I hope it's not Animated themed because if it is it's the only way we'll ever see an Animated Strika, Cyclonus or Red Alert and I don't have the budget for exclusives...:(
EDIT - Derrick J Wyatt was crucial to the design of the year's sets...NOOOOOO!

He worked on the design of Animated Cheetor and that amounted to a new head and colour scheme for an existing toy. I'd love more brand new Animated toys but it's more likely to just be new heads and colour schemes.

I can't think what deluxe toy they'd use for an army builder. If there was a Starscream toy at that size it would be perfect. I could see Bumblebee getting a bunch of repaints (look at the AllSpark Almanac as Batrim suggested to see something like 10 ideas right there).

Vector Prime
27th January 2011, 02:35 PM
Yay for Animated! I'm going to find something else to spend my money on now :D

Sharky
27th January 2011, 02:50 PM
it could be those recolours that never made the market vortex blurr etc etc... maybe an escaped wasp/bumblebee repaint.....a chromed up ironhide.....

or maybe nothing like that at all..

Bartrim
27th January 2011, 03:00 PM
Animated Blurr repainted into Drift?

SharkyMcShark
27th January 2011, 03:00 PM
Yawn.

Doubledealer
27th January 2011, 03:08 PM
Let me be the first to say: "Frag yeah!!' :D

I'd be dead keen to get hold of a boxset if TFA is the theme, does anyone know the best way to get hold of one if not going to the event? Do you simply order off the main website?

Tallestblue
27th January 2011, 03:13 PM
Oooh. Sweet. May haveta get one of these. Lord knows how.

Paulbot
27th January 2011, 03:14 PM
Do you simply order off the main website?
You register for BotCon as a "non-attendee" when registration starts and they send you the box set after the convention.

Sky Shadow
27th January 2011, 03:34 PM
This is the news I expected and hoped for.

(Pretend that this sentence is the most awesome gif of James Van Der Beek imaginable.)

optimus1
27th January 2011, 03:48 PM
I'm very interested in this set from the announcement of the theme, but will see how my funds go.

I wonder which molds they will use??????

Doubledealer
27th January 2011, 04:09 PM
You register for BotCon as a "non-attendee" when registration starts and they send you the box set after the convention.

Thanks Paul, sounds relatively painless. :D Some possibilities I can see:

-Marauder Megatron (mold shown in Allspark Almanac Deuce)
-Hot Shot (mold shown in Allspark Almanac Deuce)
-Activator Earth Mode Wasp Scout
-Coneheads

Omega Supreme would be nice. :p

SharkyMcShark
27th January 2011, 05:14 PM
Theyre not going to use new molds.

i_amtrunks
27th January 2011, 05:34 PM
Great, more Animated toys I wont be able to afford. :(

Maybe the female Starscream clone? Any number of Bumblebee-wasp repaints... It's going to be interesting to see what other characters they can come up with using the limited number of deluxe sized toys they had (Earth mode Ironhide would be the easiest...)

Ode to a Grasshopper
27th January 2011, 06:02 PM
Botcon exclusives are an extra $600 (give or take) worth of toys. If you're not into Animated you should be happy about the money you're saving?The problem is just the reverse: I'm a sucker for Animated, it's my all-time favourite TF series, so these sets are gonna be hard to pass up.

Quickstrike
27th January 2011, 10:51 PM
I can't think what deluxe toy they'd use for an army builder.

Autotroopers.

Paulbot
27th January 2011, 10:58 PM
Autotroopers.

I thought of them but its not an existing toy. I guess they could repurpose Jazz...

Oh wait, Autotrooper was a Cyb Mode Ratchet/Ironhide remold. Yeah that could be it.

I think if they don't do something like Shattered Glass or Allspark powered (existing characters with new colour schemes), then a deluxe Bumblebee repaint as Cliffjumper would be a sure thing

5FDP
27th January 2011, 11:07 PM
Animated lives on! :cool:

Sky Shadow
28th January 2011, 01:14 AM
I want to see Oil Slick as Cy-Kill.

Sharky
28th January 2011, 07:46 AM
I want to see Oil Slick as Cy-Kill.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v158/Sharkysparky/images.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v158/Sharkysparky/TFA_Cykill_Small05.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v158/Sharkysparky/TFA_Cykill_Small01.jpg

Found HERE (http://goldengonzo.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=fan&action=display&thread=3626)

Sky Shadow
28th January 2011, 09:27 AM
Found HERE (http://goldengonzo.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=fan&action=display&thread=3626)

Here's another one: http://www.figurerealm.com/viewcustomfigure.php?FID=10477

I just think that if they're using Animated Blurr to make Transtech Cheetor, they'll do their best to make a Transtech Cy-Kill out of an Animated mould too.

Sharky
28th January 2011, 09:47 AM
cykill would be a great retool

Bartrim
28th January 2011, 12:16 PM
It has begun...

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/conventions-15/animated-stunticons-revealed-as-botcon-2011-exclusive-set---1st-preview-figure-is-dead-end-171350/

Gutsman Heavy
28th January 2011, 12:17 PM
*whew* Not Animated Beasties, I'm safe.

Bartrim
28th January 2011, 12:23 PM
I'm guessing Prime will be Motor Master... Wonder who else will be used.

Hursticon
28th January 2011, 12:44 PM
*whew* Not Animated Beasties, I'm safe.

I too am relieved that Beast Wars wont be tainted :D, Animated Stunticons is an interesting premise though. :eek:

You're probably right there dude, but what about Wreckgar as a base for Motormaster?

Jazz = Deadend :cool:
Lockdown - Breakdown?
Rodimus - Dragstrip?
Bumblebee - Wildrider?

Not that many Animated Car molds to go round huh?

kaiden
28th January 2011, 12:48 PM

he could be wreck gar or bulkhead :P

other suggestions are jazz, blurr, rodimus and lockdown as the limbs

i found this piece of artwork.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/hs023.snc6/165312_160513983999372_100001223132070_358282_6603 941_n.jpg

Hursticon
28th January 2011, 12:54 PM
Other suggestions are jazz, blurr, rodimus and lockdown as the limbs.

Ah! :eek:
Can't believe I forgot about Animated Blurr!!! :o

My revised predictions:

Wreckgar - Motormaster?
Jazz = Deadend :cool:
Lockdown - Breakdown?
Blurr - Dragstrip?
Rodimus - Wildrider?

Sky Shadow
28th January 2011, 01:25 PM
Without a doubt, the least creative idea for a Botcon convention set ever, but at least a boxed five-pack of Stunticons will be an impressive display piece.

mknell
28th January 2011, 01:35 PM
I very much want one of these sets

Sharky
28th January 2011, 01:46 PM
it would be interesting if they can combine....

Sleeve
28th January 2011, 01:48 PM
Makes me wonder what the attendee-exclusive and other sets will be. Aerialbots maybe? Starscream into Silverbolt? Ah, the joys of speculation.

Doubledealer
28th January 2011, 02:58 PM
Woah, I really wasn't expecting anything like this at all! Imagine if they announced TFA Series 4 at Botcon and Menasor saw the introduction of Gestalts to the show. *keeps dreaming* :p

Really hope the boxset displays some kickarse artwork showing a fully combined Menasor battling it out with Omega (or Lugnut Supreme, lol)...Damn life is good. :D

loophole
28th January 2011, 07:05 PM
Dammit!!! I was happy that Animated was this years theme cause i was just going to pass the lot and save my money and now they do this to me Animated Stunticons now i have to get them

Paulbot
28th January 2011, 07:19 PM
I'm glad that the five Stunticons will be in the same box, rather than one or two being in the bagged toys. I wasn't too sure if I'd get the box set this year but this is a set I am keen on.

Gutsman Heavy
28th January 2011, 07:20 PM
Dammit!!! I was happy that Animated was this years theme cause i was just going to pass the lot and save my money and now they do this to me Animated Stunticons now i have to get them

hehe, I was waiting to see your reaction

kup
28th January 2011, 08:30 PM
It has begun...

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/conventions-15/animated-stunticons-revealed-as-botcon-2011-exclusive-set---1st-preview-figure-is-dead-end-171350/

I am not digging it personally but I can see that it would be cool for the Animated fans.

liegeprime
28th January 2011, 09:07 PM
Damn, now Animated figures will go skyhigh in prices too. :(:(. I'm still hoping Hasbro issues out one day - Animated Omega Supreme:p

The Animated Stunticons would be awesome but as all Botcon products, severely expensive...:(:(:(

Quickstrike
28th January 2011, 11:42 PM
Blurr - Dragstrip?

I dunno, the Club's already giving us one yellow Blurr (Cheetor), I don't know if they would make another one. I do like Wreck-Gar as Motormaster though.

Paulbot
28th January 2011, 11:54 PM
Repainted Ultra Magnus as Motormaster please. :)

Tallestblue
29th January 2011, 03:19 AM
I'm a bt dissapointed at no Hasbro colours Blackout, Hydrojet Bumblebee or Wing Blade optimus, but at least the convention comic will be neat!

Autocon
29th January 2011, 04:22 AM
http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/attach/3/9/4/7/1/deadendALTwebpre_1296176050.jpg

eh should be new molds:p

car mode looks like it has eye lashes lol very girlie

Golden Phoenix
29th January 2011, 10:46 AM
It has begun...

Might have to get me some Botcon toys. I love Animated. I think this will make a good first set to get

Sleeve
29th January 2011, 11:27 AM
Repainted Ultra Magnus as Motormaster please. :)

That's what I'm expecting/hoping for.

griffin
29th January 2011, 12:30 PM
But Motormaster was already shown somewhere ages ago as an Optimus redeco (by one of the Animated artists). It was one of the redeco ideas I had if Hasbro AUS were more willing to organise exclusive toys for us to buy off them and sell among the members.

Paulbot
29th January 2011, 01:57 PM
Prime in Motormaster colours is in the Allspark Almanac, but none of the other Stunticons are. They could use a new deco for a different toy but a Prime repaint is probably more likely than a leader toy).

UltraMarginal
31st January 2011, 11:37 PM
Well this is my first and possibly only Botcon, and as much as I'm not a huge Animated fan, I have a few of the figures and I really like the engineering.

I think a Stunticons box is a great idea and like everyone else here is my prediction set:

MotorMaster: Prime or Ultra Magnus repaint. (Preferably magnus)
Drag Strip: Rodimus
Dead end: we know is Jazz
WildRider: Blurr
BreakDown: Samurai Prowl or possibly Arcee

As much as I'd love to see this motley crew combine, the scales are all out of kilter. though a combine mechanism set would make an awesome third party mod.. hint hint fans project;)

Hanging to see what else they come up with.

CHILENO20
1st February 2011, 01:07 PM
Hey, anyone here at all going to Botcon this yr???? I'll be there from the 1st of June to the 5th. If anyone wants to link up there, u noe, represent Australia, let me know. And quickly, what is everyone's thoughts on the exclusive this year, the Animated Stunticons??? Dead End looks sweet but I wonder what the rest will look like? Also, does that mean the other collectables will be combiner teams as well? I wonder the they will make a Leader class Megatron into Whirl??? Hell, they turned Ultra Magnus into Roadbuster didn't they??

Bartrim
4th February 2011, 07:45 AM
Next...

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/conventions-15/botcon-2011-animated-breakdown-revealed-171397/

Not who I thought

i_amtrunks
4th February 2011, 09:38 AM
Next...

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/conventions-15/botcon-2011-animated-breakdown-revealed-171397/

Not who I thought

Makes sense to me, the hood shape is closest...

Guess it means Arcee could be used as a basis for Dragstrip.

fatbot
4th February 2011, 10:04 AM
Next...

Not who I thought

Interesting, I wonder who Wikdrider will be based on?

GoktimusPrime
4th February 2011, 10:04 AM
And they spelt Breakdown correctly!! :D

kup
4th February 2011, 10:47 AM
That Breakdown looks really cool, it's a clever use of the mold too.

Is there any reason why he has that odd background for his Decepticon symbol?

Paulbot
4th February 2011, 10:56 AM
That Breakdown looks really cool, it's a clever use of the mold too.

Is there any reason why he has that odd background for his Decepticon symbol?

Dead End has it too. It's the Animated Stunticon insignia.

optimus1
4th February 2011, 11:00 AM
Jazz mould as Dead End :)
Rodimus mould as Breakdown :cool:

What i hopefully think they could use:

Lockdown mould for Wild Rider????
Blurr mould for Drad Strip??
Voyager Optimus for Motormaster? - appears more likely

i_amtrunks
4th February 2011, 12:17 PM
Lockdown mould for Wild Rider????

There's an idea...

Hursticon
4th February 2011, 12:34 PM
Hmm...
Very intriguing, looks like they're not going with whom everyone would naturally assume... Could that mean we might actually get Wreck-gar as Motormaster?

Nice looking figure too. ;):)

Paulbot
4th February 2011, 01:09 PM
Hmm...
Very intriguing, looks like they're not going with whom everyone would naturally assume... Could that mean we might actually get Wreck-gar as Motormaster?

Or Bulkhead as Motormaster? That's one people wouldn't see coming.

Lockdown could make a good Wildrider (but Lockdown is already black) or a good Drag Strip (the front is like a race car front wing).

Blurr would make a better Drag Strip than Wildrider (but Blurr is already being turned yellow for Cheetor). Looking forward to the further reveals!

Hursticon
4th February 2011, 01:41 PM
Or Bulkhead as Motormaster? That's one people wouldn't see coming.

With the way things seem to be going, that is an entirely plausible suggestion IMO - Motormaster is really the only character I care to see out of this set, Nemesis Prime has nothing on this Original Badass! :D
(Best Decepti-Truck EVAR!!! :D:cool:)

jaydisc
4th February 2011, 05:03 PM
I reckon Oil Slick, Lockdown and Bulkhead or Prime for remaining molds.

UltraMarginal
4th February 2011, 05:08 PM
With the way things seem to be going, that is an entirely plausible suggestion IMO - Motormaster is really the only character I care to see out of this set, Nemesis Prime has nothing on this Original Badass! :D
(Best Decepti-Truck EVAR!!! :D:cool:)

it's a personal wish, but I don't think people would see Ultra Magnus as motormaster... really would be better as Onslaught though.

I think they'll stay away from the bikes for the combaticons, that's what I'm hoping anyway, there are enough cars to complete the set without resorting to bike molds.

1AZRAEL1
4th February 2011, 05:48 PM
As much as I don't like Animated, this new figure does look cool, and does evoke Breakdown pretty well.

Quickstrike
4th February 2011, 09:00 PM
I want them to use Arcee and give her a new head. I want a girl Stunticon.

Sky Shadow
4th February 2011, 09:04 PM
I want them to use Arcee and give her a new head. I want a girl Stunticon.

I await the lewd innuendos from the community if they name a female Transformer 'Wildrider' or 'Drag Strip'.

griffin
4th February 2011, 09:25 PM
It'd kinda make sense then if it were Drag Strip that was the 'crossdresser'... :p

Hursticon
4th February 2011, 09:26 PM
I await the lewd innuendos from the community if they name a female Transformer 'Wildrider' or 'Drag Strip'.

I'd laugh hard if they called her 'Blowpipe'. :p:D

fatbot
4th February 2011, 09:48 PM
It'd kinda make sense then if it were Drag Strip that was the 'crossdresser'... :p

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lf5scbhNav1qf8yek.gif
eewww, gross :p

Quickstrike
5th February 2011, 03:06 PM

Aw man, I never even thought of that. That'd make it even better.

Deonasis
6th February 2011, 10:09 AM

Well a crossdresser is the closest you could get to having a female tf combiner limb. After all, females cannot be in combiner teams because they don't have the bits to connect with.

Gutsman Heavy
6th February 2011, 01:01 PM
the can still be the torso ;)

Golden Phoenix
6th February 2011, 01:02 PM
the can still be the torso ;)

Would that make it Rule #34?

fatbot
6th February 2011, 04:31 PM
Would that make it Rule #34?

yes, yes it does

CHILENO20
6th February 2011, 05:37 PM
is anyone else thinkin of the other exclusives there will be? im thinkin trailbreaker or hoist with the sentinel prime mold. a power glide with the lugnut mold, a warpath with a shockwave mold. clearly a white ultra magnus, a jetfire with blitzwing mold, i dun noe, plenty to choose from. any thoughts?

Gutsman Heavy
6th February 2011, 10:29 PM
I would lose my shit if they Did Sky-Byte from Luggy with this noggin:

http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/thumb/4/47/Sky_Byte_by_BillForster.jpg/300px-Sky_Byte_by_BillForster.jpg

GoktimusPrime
7th February 2011, 09:25 AM
is anyone else thinkin of the other exclusives there will be? im thinkin trailbreaker or hoist with the sentinel prime mold. a power glide with the lugnut mold,
Retooling/repainting Sentinel Prime as Trailbreaker and/or Hoist could work, but not sure if Lugnut would work as Powerglide since Animated Powerglide (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Powerglide_%28Animated%29) doesn't look remotely anything like Lugnut. I'd like to see Lugnut redone as Animated BB (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/BB) :D

a warpath with a shockwave mold.
Problem is that Animated Warpath (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Warpath_%28Animated%29) doesn't look anything like Shockwave, even with a retooled head the body is completely different. Would make more sense to retool/repaint Shockwave as Animated Doubledealer or Animated Punch/Counterpunch (would suit the former better than the latter IMO).

clearly a white ultra magnus,
Why does there need to be a white repaint of Ultra Magnus?? One of the great things I love about Animated Ultra Magnus is that he's the first Ultra Magnus who's NOT a white repaint of Optimus Prime! (I'm not counting RiD Ultra Magnus cos he was originally called God Magnus in Car Robot and wasn't necessarily meant to be an 'Ultra' Magnus -- yeah it's subjective I know :p)

Maybe repaint Animated Optimus Prime white and call it Ultra Prime or Ultra Minor -- i.e. a representation of the character before he became Magnus.

a jetfire with blitzwing mold
We already have an Animated Jetfire (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Jetfire_%28Animated%29) toy -- combines with Jetstorm (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Jetstorm_%28Animated%29) to become FirestormSafeguard (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Safeguard_%28Animated%29). Also... why would Jetfire transform into a tank?? :/ (o_O)

Paulbot
7th February 2011, 01:15 PM
Since they can use the Rodimus toy I think that we'll get an Arcee repaint in the set, hopefully as a new character but her toy recast as Animated Shadow Striker or Roulette (or Nightracer if Rashka allows it?!) would be fine too.

A Beast Wars-coloured Blackarachnia would be nice but would it be too popular?

A BotCon Art Contest entry in 2009 had Jetstorm and Jetfire as Rack'n'Ruin. That'd be cool, and give the Autobots some more jets to battle the Decepticon's new cars. If they could make all the BotCon toys Decepticons (unlikely though), those two combining jets repainted as Dreadwind and Darkwing would be on my want list.

Ratchet's shape and transformation match Trailbreaker/Hoist pretty perfectly. I recoloured the Ratchet model as both ages ago, but can't find the Trailbreaker one at the moment.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2633/3734895758_f671c9d7cf_m.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/paulbot/3734895758/)
Animated Hoist (http://www.flickr.com/photos/paulbot/3734895758/) by Paulbot (http://www.flickr.com/people/paulbot/), on Flickr

CHILENO20
7th February 2011, 01:21 PM
hey, i said it was an idea, thinkin out loud, not everything has to be the status quo. just wondering wat other exclusives will be there since there are not many actual animated toys compared to other transformer lines. glad sum ppl liked the the sentinel prime idea.

and on the rest of the stunticons, me thinks:

wreck gar = motor master (body looks right, + another black op mold just looks like another nemesis prime)

lockdown = dragstrip

blurr = wildrider

just my ideas, ive been wrong before. anyone here actualy going to BotCon this year?

UltraMarginal
7th February 2011, 01:31 PM
The other day in this Thread (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=9934&highlight=botcon+guess) I suggested the following as a completion of the full botcon exclusivs for this year,

"
MotorMaster: Prime or Ultra Magnus repaint. (Preferably magnus but probably prime)
WildRider: Lockdown
BreakDown: Blurr. (Which we now know is Breakdown)
That leaves Samurai Prowl or possibly Arcee

Since I've only got a few animated figures and I've tried to keep the count even between bots and cons,

I'm also going to suggest that they do the Protectobots as the other exclusives

Hot Spot : Bulkhead or (possibly a remold of Wreckgar but highly unlikely)
Blades : Blackoiut or Megatron (two bladed chopper form)
Streetwise : Bumblebee, or swindle
Groove : Samurai prowl
FirstAid : Ratchet, possibly Soundwave.

like the stunticons, even with modding, I think it would be really hard to make these combine, but that would be extremely cool. "

I am going, and I'm really looking forward to it, my first botcon, and probably my last for a while, later this year we will hopefully be buying a house which makes things like Botcon Expensive.

Thanatos
7th February 2011, 06:06 PM
Retooling/repainting Sentinel Prime as Trailbreaker and/or Hoist could work, but not sure if Lugnut would work as Powerglide since Animated Powerglide (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Powerglide_%28Animated%29) doesn't look remotely anything like Lugnut. I'd like to see Lugnut redone as Animated BB (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/BB) :D

Problem is that Animated Warpath (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Warpath_%28Animated%29) doesn't look anything like Shockwave, even with a retooled head the body is completely different. Would make more sense to retool/repaint Shockwave as Animated Doubledealer or Animated Punch/Counterpunch (would suit the former better than the latter IMO).

Why does there need to be a white repaint of Ultra Magnus?? One of the great things I love about Animated Ultra Magnus is that he's the first Ultra Magnus who's NOT a white repaint of Optimus Prime! (I'm not counting RiD Ultra Magnus cos he was originally called God Magnus in Car Robot and wasn't necessarily meant to be an 'Ultra' Magnus -- yeah it's subjective I know :p)

Maybe repaint Animated Optimus Prime white and call it Ultra Prime or Ultra Minor -- i.e. a representation of the character before he became Magnus.

We already have an Animated Jetfire (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Jetfire_%28Animated%29) toy -- combines with Jetstorm (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Jetstorm_%28Animated%29) to become FirestormSafeguard (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Safeguard_%28Animated%29). Also... why would Jetfire transform into a tank?? :/ (o_O)

I think you're getting a little excited Gok. No issue, he's just giving out an opinion. Doesn't need to be quite so picked apart.

CHILENO20
8th February 2011, 08:04 AM
The other day in this Thread I suggested the following as a completion of the full botcon exclusivs for this year,

"
MotorMaster: Prime or Ultra Magnus repaint. (Preferably magnus but probably prime)
WildRider: Lockdown
BreakDown: Blurr. (Which we now know is Breakdown)
That leaves Samurai Prowl or possibly Arcee

Since I've only got a few animated figures and I've tried to keep the count even between bots and cons,

I'm also going to suggest that they do the Protectobots as the other exclusives

Hot Spot : Bulkhead or (possibly a remold of Wreckgar but highly unlikely)
Blades : Blackoiut or Megatron (two bladed chopper form)
Streetwise : Bumblebee, or swindle
Groove : Samurai prowl
FirstAid : Ratchet, possibly Soundwave.

like the stunticons, even with modding, I think it would be really hard to make these combine, but that would be extremely cool. "

I am going, and I'm really looking forward to it, my first botcon, and probably my last for a while, later this year we will hopefully be buying a house which makes things like Botcon Expensive.

I noe exactly what u mean. Its my first time too and more than likely my last. Just wish it wasnt in california, been there before and did not like it.

The Protectobots sound like a good idea and more realistic. There arnt enough planes to do the Aerialbots. I read in an american thread someone had the idea of making the animated Dinobots into G2 Versions, also any thoughts on retooling a leader class Megatron into Whirl? Only coz they reapainted an Ultra Magnus into Roadbuster so they can kinda match up

UltraMarginal
8th February 2011, 09:16 AM
There arnt enough planes to do the Aerialbots. I read in an american thread someone had the idea of making the animated Dinobots into G2 Versions, also any thoughts on retooling a leader class Megatron into Whirl? Only coz they reapainted an Ultra Magnus into Roadbuster so they can kinda match up

I think G2 is out for this year, and I'm honestly quite happy about that.

I like the idea of Whirl and Roadbuster, but I don't have the repainted magnus, so I'd be one half of a sandwich short.

Besides, if they make a whirl out of leader megs, thre's no way my prediction of magnus as motormaster is going to come through:(, they'll never do two leader class toys for botcon exclusives, will they?:eek:

Bartrim
11th February 2011, 07:33 AM
Looks like one debate will be settled soon as they have announced that Dragstrip will be the next stunticon revealed.

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/your-voices-have-spoken-the-next-botcon-reveal-is/20784/

Paulbot
11th February 2011, 09:07 AM
Remember that the Animated Stunticons are not the G1 Stunticons.

And then click here (http://twitpic.com/3yem2h)

I think the design looks really nice, nicest one so far.

Bartrim
11th February 2011, 09:12 AM
Nicer then what I thought it would look. Now to see what toy looks like.

EDIT: FOUND IT

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/botcon-drag-strip-officially-unveiled/20787/

mknell
11th February 2011, 09:23 AM
It suprised me allot, Drag Strip a female & a repaint of Arcee

fatbot
11th February 2011, 09:27 AM
That does look good, although the head does look strange to me.

Ode to a Grasshopper
11th February 2011, 09:57 AM
I'm torn between 1: that's awesome, especially for the (sort of) pun and the Kill Bill reference, and 2: dammit, it's gonna be costly and I really want one.

Hursticon
11th February 2011, 10:54 AM
After reading Paulbot's post saying that the Animated: Stunticons aren't the G1: Stunticons, I've got to admit that my Nerd Rage has simmered considerably. :o

Whilst I'm trying to work my head around though is Dragstrip being a Female character, or more so - associating the 26 year old male name now with a Female, I think the colour scheme is quite nice and it is always great to have another Female character. :)

It's just there is something about the head and the name that I'm having trouble digesting. :confused:

griffin
11th February 2011, 11:02 AM
Even though the proportions are feminine, do we know that it is meant to be a female?
It's probably the reason for the comment of a 'whole new take on the character (http://www.botcon.com/botcon2011/)', but do we really need to have a fan-based comic dealing with female characters? You just know they're gonna throw in fanboyish 'organic' gender issues to make the rest of us cringe.

The colours look nice in car mode though. It really makes it look different to Arcee.

Paulbot
11th February 2011, 11:09 AM
Even though the proportions are feminine, do we know that it is meant to be a female?
BotCon's announcement was "Drag Strip! SHE is one tough Stunticon" (http://twitter.com/BotCon/status/35819222147796992) (their captials)

Tallestblue
11th February 2011, 11:54 AM
Shouldn't that be "She" is one tough Stunticon?

cos "her" name is Drag Strip?

Anyone?

Hursticon
11th February 2011, 12:00 PM
Shouldn't that be "She" is one tough Stunticon?

cos "her" name is Drag Strip?

Anyone?

That's vastly better Grammar you've displayed TB, but remember, we are dealing with Americans. ;)

Tallestblue
11th February 2011, 12:42 PM
That's vastly better Grammar you've displayed TB, but remember, we are dealing with Americans. ;)

That is true. I bet they don't even appreciate the irony of what they've done.

griffin
11th February 2011, 01:04 PM
BotCon's announcement was "Drag Strip! SHE is one tough Stunticon" (http://twitter.com/BotCon/status/35819222147796992) (their captials)

Ah okay, that confirms it then.

Sleeve
11th February 2011, 01:31 PM
Where's loophole? I want his take. :p

Personally, I love it.

CHILENO20
11th February 2011, 01:38 PM
i dont know gents, looks a bit off putting to me, well my prediction was off with drag strip then. to that end i guess lockdown for wildrider and still stick with wreck gar for motormaster

UltraMarginal
11th February 2011, 02:32 PM
It's probably on everyones mind, and they're just not saying it, but perhaps Drag Strip is just dressing in Drag, to really be a "robot in disguise".

boom tish.

i_amtrunks
11th February 2011, 04:40 PM
Arcee works very well as Dragstrip, the head stands out just a bit!

loophole
11th February 2011, 06:46 PM
its not bad, the colours work, i like the idea and would of liked a different head instead something with a single visor would of been good

the way that theyve coloured the head though makes her look like she has war paint on and its odd calling Drag Strip a her

Quickstrike
11th February 2011, 09:27 PM
This week is a good week for girly robots. I think they've done a really good job of making her not look like Arcee without making new parts.

The Kill Bill reference is also really cool.

Sleeve
11th February 2011, 09:39 PM
The Kill Bill reference is also really cool.

I'm a little slow on the uptake. What's the reference?

Doubledealer
11th February 2011, 11:04 PM
First disappointment in the set for me, was really hoping they'd use Blurr's mold for this character. Dunno if it's just me but I was secretly hoping they'd repaint this mold as Elita-1 with a new head (as one of the extra figures). :(

Paulbot
15th February 2011, 11:45 PM
Final car mode confirmed:
"Thurs Stunticon reveal. Wildrider. Mold. LOCKDOWN. Amazing NEW head design by @DerrickJWyatt. That plus color scheme makes him look tot dif."
Source: Botcon twitter (http://twitter.com/botcon)

Now to wait and see which truck is used for Motormaster and which figures are used for the other exclusives.

Tetsuwan Convoy
16th February 2011, 12:30 AM
I'm a little slow on the uptake. What's the reference?

The yellow striped jumpsuit look.

I think that may have been inspired by Bruce Lee in 'Game of death"

Kill Bill version
http://www.iwatchstuff.com/2007/06/25/kill-bill-sequels.jpg

bruce Lee
http://johnnyarchive.mlblogs.com/bruce_lee_game_death.jpg

Autocon
16th February 2011, 03:35 AM
wildrider = lockdown
Deadend = jazz
Drag strip = arcee
Breakdown = ?

Paulbot
16th February 2011, 07:16 AM
wildrider = lockdown
Deadend = jazz
Drag strip = arcee
Breakdown = ?

Breakdown is Rodimus. It was the second one revealed.

Bartrim
16th February 2011, 01:44 PM
Now this is interesting...

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/six-botcon-stunticons/20829/

Paulbot
16th February 2011, 01:54 PM
Now this is interesting...

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/six-botcon-stunticons/20829/

BotCon's official word is (http://twitter.com/botcon)

Just to be CRYSTAL clear. There are ONLY 5 Stunticons. This isn't TMNT. Well, okay, it is cause there is a femme, but we don't add/subtract

griffin
16th February 2011, 02:38 PM
Well, that'd be the free attendee figure to go with the 5-figure set. And we've had a translucent figure before if 'Crystal' is a hint as to its appearance and not to its name.

The wannabee/debatable element would kinda make sense too, if the attendee figure is essentially part of the box set (can only be given out with one), but just didn't quite make it into the box itself.

jaydisc
16th February 2011, 04:14 PM
Where's the Oil Slick mold?!

Paulbot
16th February 2011, 04:27 PM
Well, that'd be the free attendee figure to go with the 5-figure set. And we've had a translucent figure before if 'Crystal' is a hint as to its appearance and not to its name.

The wannabee/debatable element would kinda make sense too, if the attendee figure is essentially part of the box set (can only be given out with one), but just didn't quite make it into the box itself.

I assume that one of the other toys available at BotCon or as Attendee figure will be a car, probably the twin repaint (like Scourge/Sweeps, Rapido/Streetwise, Skybyte/Sharkticons, Jazz/Ricochet, etc) of one of the figures already announced.

Where's the Oil Slick mold?!

Was it said they are going to use that one? BotCon said that the Stunticons wouldn't include a bike, but that's as much as I recall.

(A Cy-Kill repaint would be nice though)

Hursticon
16th February 2011, 04:43 PM
(A Cy-Kill repaint would be nice though)

That I would want! :eek:

jaydisc
16th February 2011, 11:01 PM
Was it said they are going to use that one? BotCon said that the Stunticons wouldn't include a bike, but that's as much as I recall.

My basis

@botcon: "Trukk is to car as Munkey is to bike!" (http://twitter.com/#!/BotCon/statuses/32453160597458944)

@botcon: "Previous Tweet plus "Trukk not Munky" should answer if one of the Stunticons will be a bike..." (http://twitter.com/#!/BotCon/statuses/32463134459432960)

Paulbot
16th February 2011, 11:24 PM
Their next two tweets were both "car NOT bike" (http://twitter.com/botcon/status/32472642724302848/).

I think they were trying to say they agreed with the G1 purists who'd insist all the Stunticons be cars, rather than intentionally making fans unhappy with a bike toy in the set. (It could have been Prowl too?)

Instead now the G1 purists can chant "blokes not girls" instead so they still have something to complain about. I see many more on other boards complaining that there's Animated toys at Botcon at all instead of more classics.

Sleeve
17th February 2011, 11:25 AM
Their next two tweets were both "car NOT bike" (http://twitter.com/botcon/status/32472642724302848/)I see many more on other boards complaining that there's Animated toys at Botcon at all instead of more classics.

That's all I see on the other boards. Whinging. Not just about Botcon, but everything. That's why I stick here. It's a nice, friendly place.

I was hoping to see a bike. Maybe this 6th pseudo-Stunticon will be the bike and in one of the attendee sets, and possibly a G1 character that's (obviously) never been a Stunticon but has similar motives/ideals/characteristics. Or one that 'idolises' them, ala IDW's Terrorcons looking up to Sixshot.

Paulbot
17th February 2011, 12:18 PM
That's all I see on the other boards. Whinging. Not just about Botcon, but everything. That's why I stick here. It's a nice, friendly place.

I was hoping to see a bike. Maybe this 6th pseudo-Stunticon will be the bike and in one of the attendee sets, and possibly a G1 character that's (obviously) never been a Stunticon but has similar motives/ideals/characteristics. Or one that 'idolises' them, ala IDW's Terrorcons looking up to Sixshot.

Prowl repainted in red as Ransack (an Animated version of the Cybertron character) would work, and that character would work as a sidekick to the Stunticons.

I could also imagine one of the attendee sets including a Runamuck and/or Runabout, who would fit in well with the Stunticons. But if they only made one of them people would be unhappy it wasn't the pair, and if they made both it'd be 7 Decepticon cars which would be too many wouldn't it?

Sleeve
17th February 2011, 12:28 PM
Interesting theory -

(My personal guess is it's the little black car that makes up Generation 1 Menasor's chest rendered in Transformers Animated style)

griffin
17th February 2011, 12:55 PM
We've had so many Classics-verse toys used for BotCon in the last few years, it'd be good to see what a different style (Animated) looks like. And their window of opportunity on using most of the Animated moulds is probably already running out, so it's good to see them using them while they can.

UltraMarginal
17th February 2011, 01:37 PM
We've had so many Classics-verse toys used for BotCon in the last few years, it'd be good to see what a different style (Animated) looks like. And their window of opportunity on using most of the Animated moulds is probably already running out, so it's good to see them using them while they can.

I'm stoked, I haven't been collecting animated much, and I've liked what I do have. I'm going to botcon for the first and possibly only time and most of the exclusive set and extras are gonig to be new molds for me.:D If it was a classicverse mold set I'd probably be doubling up on every single mold.

Paulbot
18th February 2011, 07:16 AM
Wildrider pics (http://www.botcon.com/botcon2011/bc11wildrider.cfm)

Better and more different to Lockdown's colours than I'd expected.

loophole
18th February 2011, 07:24 AM
Wildrider pics (http://www.botcon.com/botcon2011/bc11wildrider.cfm)

Better and more different to Lockdown's colours than I'd expected.

i dont mind it too much but they should of used a darker gray or at least used a blood red colour instead of that pinky gross colour

lovin the head mould really suits the lockdown mould

Bartrim
18th February 2011, 08:17 AM
i dont mind it too much but they should of used a darker gray or at least used a blood red colour instead of that pinky gross colour

lovin the head mould really suits the lockdown mould

Have to agree. The mould suits but the colours don't. Both colours need to be darker. At least make the pink more pf a red colour.

jaydisc
18th February 2011, 10:43 AM
And then there was one. It would be great to see the 4 (or 5) together in alt mode.

Hursticon
18th February 2011, 11:17 AM
I reckon the whole "They're Stunticons but not THE Stunticons" is just to justify the liberalities they've taken with each character as IMO the colours are way off on this one, makes me think that Motormaster will probably be off too. :o
(2 shades of grey with pink windows I bet :rolleyes:)

optimus1
18th February 2011, 01:02 PM
Not bad at all so far for the 4 of 5 Stunticons!

I'm getting tempted by this set :o

Sky Shadow
18th February 2011, 01:36 PM
I reckon the whole "They're Stunticons but not THE Stunticons" is just to justify the liberalities they've taken with each character as IMO the colours are way off on this one, makes me think that Motormaster will probably be off too. :o

I don't get why anyone would think they were "THE Stunticons" from G1. This is Animated - did people really think that Animated Prowl, Shockwave, Ultra Magnus etc. were their G1 counterparts?

UltraMarginal
18th February 2011, 01:56 PM

True, but it's really Animated Stunticons, so not neccesarily the same as g1 "the Stunticons" anyway. just similar.

though if you compare colours to g1 wildrider (http://transformers.wikia.com/index.php?title=Wildrider&image=G1Wildrider_toy-jpg) it's almost a negative, with the lighter grey body and darker grey front panel. the pink could probably afford to be more red IMO. the robot mode though is pretty good I think.

griffin
18th February 2011, 02:27 PM
I don't get why anyone would think they were "THE Stunticons" from G1. This is Animated - did people really think that Animated Prowl, Shockwave, Ultra Magnus etc. were their G1 counterparts?

I don't think anyone is saying that they are the Gen1 Stunticons. They're comparing/contrasting to the Gen1 Stunticons because that's who they are homaging. I think the question being asked is if they are the only Stunticons (in Animated) to see how they compare to Gen1 Stunticons, or are just five of a much larger faction/subgroup.
Most of the Animated characters have been homages to the G1 (and others) characters/concepts, often replicating colours and design elements quite well. Prowl is the really big exception because he was part of the original cast, and would have been designed before they went down the 'homage everything' track.

loophole
18th February 2011, 05:58 PM
im almost thinking of getting two sets now
one set to keep original and the other set to customise into something that i think pays a better homage in my opinion to the G1 stunticons although atm i would only change Drag Strip and Wildrider, im pretty happy with the other two

CHILENO20
18th February 2011, 09:05 PM
I don't think anyone is saying that they are the Gen1 Stunticons. They're comparing/contrasting to the Gen1 Stunticons because that's who they are homaging. I think the question being asked is if they are the only Stunticons (in Animated) to see how they compare to Gen1 Stunticons, or are just five of a much larger faction/subgroup.
Most of the Animated characters have been homages to the G1 (and others) characters/concepts, often replicating colours and design elements quite well. Prowl is the really big exception because he was part of the original cast, and would have been designed before they went down the 'homage everything' track.

looking at it from that point of view is a great way to think about it. i have to say that the arcee/drag strip did throw me but im starting to come around on it. who else agrees that wreck gar would make a better motor master mold? dont botcon have a history of using the same molds for diffrernt charecters at the same botcon (like skyquake & leozack)? i wonder what else they will come up with? paradon medic with the arcee mold? maybe a sideswipe with the rodimus mold? its series 3.5 yeah? what other charecters will be outside the box?

Hursticon
18th February 2011, 09:10 PM
Who else agrees that Wreck-Gar would make a better Motormaster mold?

I do, as I've been saying this since the beginning - A repainted Prime would look incredibly half-arsed IMO as no amount of paint can make that look remotely like a decent Motormaster, IMO. ;)

loophole
18th February 2011, 09:24 PM
lwho else agrees that wreck gar would make a better motor master mold?

i agree and it will be something different than just another prime repaint, besides it will just look like another nemesis prime repaint if they go for a black but who knows

and as long as they do a big enough remould of it so he doesnt look like a garbage truck i'll be very happy indeed, but i dont like my chances

Sleeve
18th February 2011, 11:27 PM
Rumour at TFW2005 is Toxitron from a Prime mould. I'd prefer to see him done from Wreck-Gar, like Jin Saotome's custom.

UltraMarginal
19th February 2011, 02:01 AM
I think Wreck gar would be pretty good but I reckon Ultra Magnus would be better!, but not so likely that they'll use a leader mold. :(

CHILENO20
19th February 2011, 08:24 AM
i agree and it will be something different than just another prime repaint, besides it will just look like another nemesis prime repaint if they go for a black but who knows

and as long as they do a big enough remould of it so he doesnt look like a garbage truck i'll be very happy indeed, but i dont like my chances

thats exactly what i think, a little bit of retooling so it looks like a truck and less like a garbage scow. now what about samurai prowl for groove?

1AZRAEL1
20th February 2011, 07:38 PM
Some more rumors are Actionmaster Thundercracker. I know this one would make alot of people on here happy, I would probably buy it as well if I could :p

fatbot
20th February 2011, 08:15 PM
Some more rumors are Actionmaster Thundercracker. I know this one would make alot of people on here happy, I would probably buy it as well if I could :p

Ahh, so you steal my rumour without the source will you?

Motormaster - Transformers Animated Voyager Optimus Prime (with remold)
Toxitron - Voyager Optimus Prime (no remold)
Troop builder 3 pack of Autotroopers - Deluxe class Ironhide or Ratchet body
Shattered Glass Galvatron - from Evac mold/remold
Ironfist - Ironhide (unknown if this is from Classics Ironhide or TFA Ironhide)
Animated G2 Sideswipe - BotCon TFA Dead End mold used again
Actionmaster Thundercracker - assuming from Classics Seeker (Starscream) mold

The above list is a RUMOUR only at this point

It may not be accurate!

Link to the story http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/rumor-list-of-possible-remaining-botcon-2011-exclusives/20849/

Cybertron Evac is a strange choice for SG Galvatron, but I suppose it does fit with the story of the SG universe

My favourites though?

Toxitron & AM Thundercracker!

For those who don't know of Toxitron:
http://www.seibertron.com/images/events/70/r_DSC06162.jpg

Paulbot
20th February 2011, 08:47 PM
SG Galvatron as an Evac repaint has been featured in the Club comic (based on a fan repaint I believe) so it's possibly a 50/50 chance. It's the one from the list that seems most likely to me.

Tetsuwan Convoy
20th February 2011, 10:32 PM
It's been a while since I played with my Animated Prime, but doesn't his head fold in somewhere? I think that Wreck-gar's mould allows for more freedom in head remoulding, as well as having the trailer part. Just take off the bin hooks and you have a trailered truck.

Although Ultra Magnus as Motormaster would be pretty darn awesome!:D

UltraMarginal
21st February 2011, 12:59 AM
Although Ultra Magnus as Motormaster would be pretty darn awesome!:D

My point exactly!!!

CHILENO20
21st February 2011, 02:02 PM
SG Galvatron as an Evac repaint has been featured in the Club comic (based on a fan repaint I believe) so it's possibly a 50/50 chance. It's the one from the list that seems most likely to me.

that would be awesome, im just starting to collect shttered glass toys and this would be awesome for my collection. for those who have been to botcon's before, do they or other stalls sell previous botcon exclusives??? or do we have to buy them like everyone else from auction sites?

Paulbot
21st February 2011, 03:28 PM
BotCon's store/stall wont have past year's exclusives (they've usually always sold out) but the other dealers there will have them for sale at marked up prices.

If 2009 was any example the other dealers will also have this year's exclusives for sale at marked up prices.

CHILENO20
21st February 2011, 05:36 PM
Damn, so being there bright and early is key to get everything. The only exclusives that are guaranteed are the box set and the antendee one right??? All the others have to be bought and its first come, first served yeah??? I noe this all sounds pretty self explanitory but i wanna b sure as rhis will b my first time.

Paulbot
21st February 2011, 06:00 PM
If you preregister, rather than turning up on the first 'public' day, you should have no trouble getting all the exclusives. Pretty sure there's limits to the number you can buy that first day/night.

Demonac
21st February 2011, 06:32 PM
You can only buy 1 of each set.
If there are any leftover, you can get a second go the next day.

griffin
22nd February 2011, 01:19 PM
The conditions vary from year to year, based on the expected demand. And last year, they had for sale in their store, some 'warehouse finds' of previous year's boxsets... so you never know your luck if you get in line early enough. But you need to sign up to the pre-con events (on the Wed and/or Thurs) to get your Boxset on the Wednesday night and be granted early access to the Store on Thursday night.

Paulbot
22nd February 2011, 01:56 PM
But you need to sign up to the pre-con events (on the Wed and/or Thurs) to get your Boxset on the Wednesday night and be granted early access to the Store on Thursday night.
I'll be doing this for sure. I hope the pre-con events are good.

CHILENO20
22nd February 2011, 02:35 PM
The conditions vary from year to year, based on the expected demand. And last year, they had for sale in their store, some 'warehouse finds' of previous year's boxsets... so you never know your luck if you get in line early enough. But you need to sign up to the pre-con events (on the Wed and/or Thurs) to get your Boxset on the Wednesday night and be granted early access to the Store on Thursday night.

Im gonna be there for sure then, no point going half arsed. Full tilt all the way. I wonder if they will be selling the Deathasaurs box set since they are selling it on the online store. So who am I going to meet up with over there??? I am not staying at the hotels becaise they have been already sold out. But Im gonna hire a car for myself anyways. Anyone?????

UltraMarginal
22nd February 2011, 03:33 PM
Im gonna be there for sure then, no point going half arsed. Full tilt all the way. I wonder if they will be selling the Deathasaurs box set since they are selling it on the online store. So who am I going to meet up with over there??? I am not staying at the hotels becaise they have been already sold out. But Im gonna hire a car for myself anyways. Anyone?????

I'm keen for a meet up, my wife and I are staying at the Pasadena inn, which is fairly basic, but clean and cheap., I doubt we'll be dong anything but crashing there between Botcon events.

It's just around the corner from the convention centre, so a great spot, you won't even need a car for the duration of the con.

But yea, on the meetup idea, we should have an OTCA dinner one night.

Paulbot
25th February 2011, 07:15 AM
As UltraMarginal reported in the meetup thread, Motormaster has been revealed as a Voyager Prime repaint with a new head. Not incredibly original but understandable choice. Just feels like the world didn't need another black Prime repaint. Head looks good though.

Animated model http://twitpic.com/43bv92

Toy pic http://www.botcon.com/botcon2011/bc11motormaster.cfm

Bartrim
25th February 2011, 07:43 AM
I did not think that this would be the case I think Motor Master may be my favourite. I love that head design.

liegeprime
25th February 2011, 09:11 AM
Hmm the head looks out of place :p

UltraMarginal
25th February 2011, 09:21 AM
I did not think that this would be the case I think Motor Master may be my favourite. I love that head design.

I've looked at it a couple times now, initially I thought it looked a bit wierd but it's growing on me.
either way I get 3 new molds in the box set!!:D yay for me!

Sleeve
25th February 2011, 09:24 AM
Not surprising they went this way, I just feel they had better mould choices to use for Motormaster.

Hursticon
25th February 2011, 10:36 AM
Yeah, the Head looks pretty awesome IMO but everything below the head is quite *Yawn... :(

Doubledealer
25th February 2011, 11:10 AM
*plumps pillow* The sheer originality is what is really blowing me aw....Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

KaRNiV8L PRiME
25th February 2011, 11:29 AM
I guess most of us knew it would be a repaint OP with a new head sculpt but after seeing this, I really think a slight Wreckgar remold would have been outstanding.

UltraMarginal
25th February 2011, 11:46 AM
perhaps they have saved WreckGar for something else?

there are still a bunch of other characters to be revealed yet. hopefully it's all buckets of awesomesauce.

Gutsman Heavy
25th February 2011, 01:00 PM
Son, I am dissapoint.

jaydisc
25th February 2011, 01:04 PM
Pfft. I'm out.

BOR-RING

Sky Shadow
25th February 2011, 02:55 PM
I love the head.

Doubledealer
25th February 2011, 02:58 PM
I'm still in, barely though. This will be the third TFA Voyager Prime mold in my collection...As so many have suggested, this really should have been a lightly modified Wreck Gar. They could have at least done away with that god awful axe and given him a nice chrome sword ala G1. >_<

BigPenney
25th February 2011, 04:41 PM
when I first saw it I really didn't like it. But now that I have given it a few hours and I have to say, I really love this Motormaster.
Can't wait to get the non-attendees pack. :)

CHILENO20
25th February 2011, 04:43 PM
I'm still in, barely though. This will be the third TFA Voyager Prime mold in my collection...As so many have suggested, this really should have been a lightly modified Wreck Gar. They could have at least done away with that god awful axe and given him a nice chrome sword ala G1. >_<

so so true, i stand by that the wreck gar mold would have been better. How hard is it to blacken a op prime head and stick it on and call it nemesis prime animated?? im still gonna get it though, but would have enjoyed it more if it was wreck gar. Have to say the only one i really like out of all of them is Dead End. I really hope that the other exclusives will hit us for 6. Should have used the prime mold for Toxitron

KaRNiV8L PRiME
25th February 2011, 05:20 PM
What we wanted Hasblow!!! I just would've removed the forks

SOURCE (http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-news-rumors/362596-botcon-2011-animated-stunticons-252.html#post5730397)

Hursticon
25th February 2011, 05:34 PM

SOURCE (http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-news-rumors/362596-botcon-2011-animated-stunticons-252.html#post5730397)

You see, now that looks F@#$ing Awesome!!! :eek::eek::eek:
That would've sold ridiculously well, it even suits Motormaster's personality better! - Botcon really dropped the ball on this one. :o

Tetsuwan Convoy
25th February 2011, 05:58 PM
Hmm, I like all the others more than Motormaster there. Even his facial haor can't grab me like it should.

That wreck gar mock up is best.. Still I woner what the attendee figs will be?

Paulbot
25th February 2011, 06:03 PM

"Hasblow" has nothing to do with BotCon toy designs

Deonasis
25th February 2011, 07:04 PM

I do like this mould choice but think the paint scheme could be better*. I'd also be interested in seeing this head on shortass voyager Bulkhead.

*I dont own this mould so I dont know how colour placement affects alt mode and vice versa.

loophole
25th February 2011, 07:18 PM
its not too bad i cant say i love it.

the wreck gar mould would of been better but as that one digibash above is shown there is not alot of purple on it which makes him look more like MM at least to me anyway. i think if they used less purple and more grey on the current MM it would of looked alot better

Sleeve
25th February 2011, 07:58 PM
Or they could have gone with this (http://twitpic.com/43gcr5). :p

Tetsuwan Convoy
25th February 2011, 09:15 PM
Or they could have gone with this (http://twitpic.com/43gcr5). :p

DING DING DING! WE HAVE A WINNAH!

Gold, that would make the angry thing most easily explained. Imagine if MM was a completely feared Decepticon of almost legendary stature.

Random defeated Autobots: Oh man, I hear Motormaster is coming! Oh no! etc.

Stunticon: Aaaa, motormaster, here are some pathetic autobots for you to...

RDA (Stifling laughter): What? Stand on our shoulders?

MM(sounding somewhat like a jockey and jumping up and down): You'll pay for that autobot scum!

That's how it plays out in my head.

KaRNiV8L PRiME
26th February 2011, 09:45 AM
Derrick Wyatt has explained his choice for MM (http://tformers.com/transformers-derrick-wyatt-explains-choice-for-botcon-2011-motormaster-/15224/news.html)

There was some disappointment by some fans yesterday when it was revealed that Animated Optimus Prime was the choice for Motormaster in the BotCon 2011 convention set instead of Wreck Gar. Designer Derrick J. Wyatt explained his decision simply in the BotCon Twitter account:

For the record: I HATE the idea of MM being Wreck-Gar. That wouldn't have worked for me at all.

There is also a comment regarding the retooled head. It's been revealed that the head is not the final production head due to an issue with the sample:
Head is partially photoshopped due to China branding. Big "X" had to be digitally removed. Maybe we post head sculpt on Facebook later...

Finally, a more recent post has this to add about the show offerings in general:

Some news before we call it a night. MAJOR Animated news still to come next week. And finally. There will be non-Animated molds at BotCon.

Sky Shadow
26th February 2011, 10:22 AM
The 'uproar' around this is insane. So has anyone done a Photoshop of the Motormaster head on Animated Ultra Magnus yet?

loophole
26th February 2011, 12:30 PM
i hope the major animated news is season 3 actually being released to DVD!!

also this image was posted on facebook not too long ago, they look pretty damn cool all together like this

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=154547651270888&set=a.152760178116302.31570.151255348266785&ref=nf

also some of these fans need to calm down a bit they dont have to keep the figs if they dont like em'

KaRNiV8L PRiME
26th February 2011, 12:40 PM
The 'uproar' around this is insane. So has anyone done a Photoshop of the Motormaster head on Animated Ultra Magnus yet?

Haven't seen one yet

KaRNiV8L PRiME
26th February 2011, 12:46 PM
i hope the major animated news is season 3 actually being released to DVD!!

also this image was posted on facebook not too long ago, they look pretty damn cool all together like this

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=154547651270888&set=a.152760178116302.31570.151255348266785&ref=nf

also some of these fans need to calm down a bit they dont have to keep the figs if they dont like em'

Can only hope but ANIMATED S4!!!!!!!!!!!

Also if you remove the weapons, I think the Stunticons are a nice set (in alt mode)

Sky Shadow
26th February 2011, 01:09 PM
I wonder if there really is going to be a sixth figure... if not, it's a bit monotonous and unexciting as a loose set, but as a boxed set it should be a nice collectible.

(Also, with only four Deluxes and a Voyager, it would be the worst value set since 2007.)

Tetsuwan Convoy
26th February 2011, 09:56 PM
The current Motormaster head reminds me of ben Stiller in Dodgeball, with that massive moustache.
http://thefitnesschronicle.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/stiller.jpg

I believe the character was not a nice guy as well. They also had a butch chick in the team too... Possible inspiration?

Golden Phoenix
27th February 2011, 09:31 AM
I believe the character was not a nice guy as well. They also had a butch chick in the team too... Possible inspiration?

Possibly, but then they are also missing the other 3 big 'roided up guys who were also on the team

Paulbot
8th March 2011, 07:18 AM
A bit more about the Animated version of the Stunticons has been revealed and their initial set up is different to G1 which will bug some people but I think it's a fun twist, especially as the comic is being written by Animated's story editor.

The last time fans saw Optimus Prime and his crew from Animated, the Autobots had captured Megatron and had returned him and his minions to Cybertron. With Cybertronians finally able to relax, focus has turned from the fears of war back towards some of the recreational events their planet has to offer. And the next big thing has just rolled into town; the Motormaster and his traveling Stunt Convoy! But are these mysterious robots here to put on a show or are they planning a real demolition derby?

Check out the artwork of the Stunt Convoy and more details here (http://geek-news.mtv.com/2011/03/07/mtv-geek-exclusive-2011-botcon-tf-animated-stunticon-set/)

swoop
8th March 2011, 09:10 AM
I didn't see that coming but I like it I think it's pretty clever.
I also see why they didn't use wreck gars mold for mm now it wouldn't be very practical for a acrobat to have a giant bin on it's back

Golden Phoenix
8th March 2011, 11:06 AM
I didn't see that coming but I like it I think it's pretty clever.
I also see why they didn't use wreck gars mold for mm now it wouldn't be very practical for a acrobat to have a giant bin on it's back

I suddenly saw him as a vendor for some reason.
If he had Wreck Gar's mould wear one of those red and white stripy aprons with his back pack full of popcorn

KaRNiV8L PRiME
25th March 2011, 10:32 AM
Boxart revealed............ AWESOME!!!!!

Source (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/conventions-15/botcon-2011-box-art-revealed-171769/)

UltraMarginal
25th March 2011, 12:55 PM

Source (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/conventions-15/botcon-2011-box-art-revealed-171769/)

it's truly a thing of Beauty:cool:

Hursticon
25th March 2011, 06:14 PM
Ha! - That is a pretty cool looking box I've gotta say. ;):D

Doubledealer
25th March 2011, 11:46 PM

Man that is the diddley boom-ba...Love it!! :D

UltraMarginal
28th March 2011, 03:24 PM
from email

"BotCon Primus and Iacon and loose packages are now all sold out!
That's right, it took just a little over 5 days for all of the toy packages to be gone!
If you tried to place an order before today and your order went to our incomplete file, no worries as we have pulled enough sets to cover all of the incompletes. If we have any sets left after we work the incompletes, we will put them back into inventory. We will let you know if this happens, and it won't be for a couple of weeks. There will not be anymore Iacon (non-attending sets).
Also, we will not be keeping a waiting list.
Please note that we are in the middle of GIJoeCon in Florida so we won't be working the incomplete files until after April 9.
We know who you are and we will follow back up with you then. Please be patient.
We still have Protoform packages available.
We look forward to seeing you in Pasadena in a couple of months!
Stay tuned for upcoming guest information!
Brian"

that didn't take long, I hope everyone got one that wanted one.

griffin
18th April 2011, 12:00 AM
Pics of BotCon Dragstrip here (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/more-inhand-images-of-botcon-2011-drag-strip/21325/).

LordCyrusOmega
18th April 2011, 09:17 AM
that didn't take long, I hope everyone got one that wanted one.

Nope. But that was never going to happen so can't complain