PDA

View Full Version : RTS Warpath Tank pictures

1AZRAEL1
27th January 2011, 12:00 PM
Over at Seibertron (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/possible-generations-reveal-the-shield-warpath-tank-pics/20672/)

Looks pretty sweet, like a bigger version of the legends figure :p

fatbot
27th January 2011, 12:15 PM
Interesting, it also raise suspicions of Flywheels (at least the tank half of him) being done somewhere down the line

Sky Shadow
27th January 2011, 12:23 PM
Interesting, it also raise suspicions of Flywheels (at least the tank half of him) being done somewhere down the line

I would be the first person to support that, but I suspect their similar colours makes it unlikely. Warpath looks good though.

gdmetro
27th January 2011, 12:28 PM
oohh!!

Cant wait for bot mode pics :D

Hursticon
27th January 2011, 12:31 PM
Hmm...

Well, I'm going to wait for further pics because I reckon that pic might just be a 'painted' Legends class figure, for some reason I reckon HasTakTom would be more inclined to do a new mold of say... An M1 Abrams or something. ;)
If not and it turns out they're going to use the Legends class figure as a base, then the Transformation engineering had want to reflect that of a Deluxe class figure and not just a scaled up Legends Class figure as that would just be a cop-out IMO. :o

griffin
27th January 2011, 12:35 PM
Looks very simplistic, like Armada Megatron. They could have at least had the four limbs/treads join up so it doesn't just look like he's lying down on the ground.

kaiden
27th January 2011, 12:38 PM
disappointing. wfc warpath with working sound! don't leave it to a 3rd party to make...

kup
27th January 2011, 02:23 PM
Looks very simplistic, like Armada Megatron. They could have at least had the four limbs/treads join up so it doesn't just look like he's lying down on the ground.

I agree, I am not impressed by this at all. Hopefully clearer pics will make it more appealing and the robot mode will be worth it but otherwise it just seems like a deluxe size version of the Legends toy.

Vector Prime
27th January 2011, 02:33 PM
Well it's Warpath and it's a Generations/RTS toy, so I'm not complaining - much better than any redeco'd Movie toy sporting a massive 'meh-tech' cannon IMO :D

optimus1
27th January 2011, 03:51 PM
The turret looks like it is the wrong way around :p

Other than that, looks promising that the Minibots are getting a look in for larger sizes

Lord_Zed
28th January 2011, 02:24 AM
For real???

Nah need better pics first.

FFN
28th January 2011, 02:38 AM
There's been a "OMG ANOTHER H-TANK" freak out on the American boards.

Out of the many new mold tank toys in the past 5 years, 2 have been H-tanks (Legends Warpath and Animated Shockwave), most of the others have been regular-shaped tanks (Classics Mini-Con tank guy, Titanium GIJoe Megatron, Legends/Deluxe/Leader Movie Brawl, Universe Galvatron, ROTF Bludgeon/TF2010 Banzaitron, PCC Heavytread ect). I am adhering strictly to what is considered to be a main battle tank, so guys like Cybertron Defense Scattorshot, Darkmount and Hailstorm don't count, but even if they did, they're all relatively realistic depictions of military armour.

I agree, I am not impressed by this at all. Hopefully clearer pics will make it more appealing and the robot mode will be worth it but otherwise it just seems like a deluxe size version of the Legends toy. Don't worry. It's not really simplistic and is considerably better-looking than the Legends toy in vehicle mode. It's not as literal as "robot lying down" as Armada Megatron and Universe Legends Warpath were. I don't believe the reason they made him a "H-tank" is because of laziness or something, but because there's quite a large number of regular tanks in the Transformers line nowadays. They need to differentiate this tank from the other tank and tank-like vehicles they're selling.

I would compare it to the Scorpion tank from HALO, which is also a "H-tank".

The robot mode is featured in the Rodimus Vs. Cyclonus "Battle in Space" comic book. http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Rodimus_vs._Cyclonus

SharkyMcShark
28th January 2011, 06:17 AM
I wish TF designers would get over this whole H tank thing.

The Scorpion in Halo was cool. We get it. Move on.

Hursticon
28th January 2011, 11:43 AM
I've got no problem at all with H-Tanks, there is really no grounds to be complaining about the number of H-Tanks either because 2 doesn't constitute too many IMO - My own problem with this 'possible' figure is the fact it looks like a scaled up Legends Class figure, but as I said before, I'll wait for further pics before final judgement. :)
(Besides, it should've been a Voyager Class WFC figure with lights and sound anyway! ;))

FFN
28th January 2011, 06:39 PM
It will be fine. Stop worrying. You know what the robot mode looks like and it isn't an upscaled Legends class Warpath.

Hursticon
28th January 2011, 07:34 PM
You know what the robot mode looks like...

Have pics surfaced? - Have you got a link?

Quickstrike
28th January 2011, 09:49 PM
I don't see how anyone can come to any kind of opinion based on that photo.

That being said... Generations Warpath? Yessss.

Robzy
29th January 2011, 12:59 PM
I reckon it looks alright. I love the Legends Warpath, so I'm not too upset by what I've seen so far.