PDA

View Full Version : Leader Class Bumblebee?

griffin
27th January 2011, 12:33 PM
From an Asian site, pic of a Leader Class Bumblebee (http://bbs.actoys.net/read.php?tid-575532.html) next to a Deluxe toy for size/scale.

Square chest is similar to the recent AA Battleblade Bumblebee.

fatbot
27th January 2011, 06:10 PM
there are more pics here

http://www.transmy.com/another-dotm-leader-bumblebee-deluxe-starscream-closeup.html

* no electronics in the toy, just the weapon
* About an inch shorter the ROTF leader BB

Also more detailed pics of Starscream on the same page

kup
27th January 2011, 06:48 PM
Movie Bumblebee No. 243

SharkyMcShark
27th January 2011, 07:12 PM
What a shock, Hasbro making lots of toys of the most popular character from the movie.

Of more interest is that voyager optimus comparison photo. That thing looks tiny. Which are four words I hate hearing generally.

Jaisun
27th January 2011, 10:12 PM
Movie Bumblebee No. 243

Lol, so true =oP I am SO unbelievably over bayverse BB. I have Human Alliance BB, Alliance BB and Metallic Battle Ops BB, and even though that's more than enough, I may be drawing the line after Human Alliance Stealth BB, then I'll gladly cheer for my wallet and wife each time a new bayverse BB is announced. This particular example looks too crippled by gimmicks to strike any interest with me. The lights & sounds of BOBB is my tolerable extent of gimmicks, but big massive uber kajunga weapons do nothing for me. I strongly doubt the movie will have the TF's wielding these monstrous weapons, so why Ha$bro expects people overlook their fav characters being dwarfed by their weapon for the sake of a gimmick is beyond me, but I guess I can't say too much until I've tried them out, I may love them after all this ranting XD

FFN
28th January 2011, 02:57 AM
The movie characters don't really change drastically film to film. And since there have been two previous toylines with similar-looking toys (due to them being based on a design that only changes superficially), they need to do something that they think will appeal to kids and convince parents that it's different enough from the last version of the toy that their child has.

There's not that much they can do to the robot itself to make it noticeably different from the last version (not without deviating from the movie design), at least to the eyes of the layman. This leader Bumblebee is a new mold that's different to Battle Ops Bumblebee, but to the layman consumer (and it appears, quite a few fan/collectors), it looks the same because it's the same general size. New built-in gimmick features on go so far. This Bumblebee doesn't appear to have any built in electronics at all, besides the electronics in his backpack weapon thing.