PDA

View Full Version : Generations Warpath resin prototype images

FFN
30th January 2011, 04:48 AM
http://snakas.blog95.fc2.com/blog-entry-1617.html

See? I told you guys it would be fine and it wasn't a lazy design.

SharkyMcShark
30th January 2011, 06:17 AM
Don't like treads for feet.

Otherwise looks decent enough.

kaiden
30th January 2011, 06:46 AM
that is a very good looking warpath. i quite like the transformation. hope the missile is spring loaded and not like hailstorm.

VERT
30th January 2011, 08:11 AM

But Warpath is meant to have treads for feet. :D

1AZRAEL1
30th January 2011, 08:17 AM
Great find. I knew it would be pretty different to the Legends toy.

KillinSpoon
30th January 2011, 08:36 AM
Oh man, what a babe of a toy.
It is exactly how I wanted it to look! (without that missile hanging over the back though...)

Not to mention the TELESCOPIC CANNON!

loophole
30th January 2011, 09:11 AM
that looks awesome as!! cant wait for this one

Vector Prime
30th January 2011, 09:35 AM
:eek: Love it! Can't wait to get my mitts on this

Deonasis
30th January 2011, 10:07 AM
A+

KaRNiV8L PRiME
30th January 2011, 10:18 AM
LOVE IT. Instant buy. Hopefully the "Hailstorm" missile on his shoulder is clip on so it can be removed as it doesn't need to be there. Otherwise :D

Ode to a Grasshopper
30th January 2011, 10:28 AM
That's a definite buy.

jaydisc
30th January 2011, 11:18 AM
That's beautiful

kup
30th January 2011, 11:19 AM
http://snakas.blog95.fc2.com/blog-entry-1617.html

See? I told you guys it would be fine and it wasn't a lazy design.

Are you sure this is real? It seems to have the engineering of a voyager not a deluxe.

Vector Prime
30th January 2011, 11:25 AM
Has anyone actually translated the text on that page?

This is what it says:

Tomy information in the design of a new registered design registration database of the Patent Office was not included in item 1 point in the information so far.

Previously, they had images of what Shottorashiki test items is estimated to Warpath Generations version expected to be the same.

Similar case, in about five years ago, had been published and the image information yet, and Asutorotorein the Classic Series, the topic has been discovered by a fan of information design of the item as it is released as a gear real after There was, what became, after that the first thing to be registered before the item was not presented basically.
This time, RTS and Generations wave1 ~ 2011 are registered at the same time corresponding to the items 2, RTS fact that a shape to appear similar Warpath comics Batoruinsupesu inclusion, originally a little earlier, they guessed at the same time as I was going to release products.

The following pictures are all taken from public sources of the Patent Office. Design Registration 1405910.

As for it being a Deluxe or a Voyager - who knows at this stage, but I certainly agree with kup that it appears to be Voyager sized engineering.

Maybe we have it wrong and it's not a Generations figure (despite Walmart listing it as such (http://groups.google.com/group/alt.toys.transformers/browse_thread/thread/62275a6ae1aebce0?hl=en#)) but a RTS figure (which has Voyager size G1 homages - like Grapple)

After all, Warpath did appear in the pack in comic in the RTS line :confused:

Lint
30th January 2011, 11:39 AM
head looks a little mean, otherwise not even cheap plastic colours would put me off an instant buy. I'm a little suspicious though, this is a lot more molded detail than i'm used to on a deluxe.

Looks like deluxe engineering though, what in particular was so voyager?

Vector Prime
30th January 2011, 11:46 AM
Looks like deluxe engineering though, what in particular was so voyager?

Well it's just speculation at this stage, but for me, it's the chunkiness of his limbs (thighs, arms, legs) that make it scream Voyager size (not to mention all the ratcheted joints - most Deluxes utilise ball joints nowadays).

Who knows? Only time will tell... he might even end up being Scout sized for all we know :p

Sky Shadow
30th January 2011, 11:59 AM
It looks Deluxe to me - its complexity pales in comparison to the magnificent glory of Voyagers like RTS Lugnut. :)

FFN
30th January 2011, 12:06 PM
Are you sure this is real? It seems to have the engineering of a voyager not a deluxe. Yeah it's real. It's Snakas, a prominent Japanese fan.

kup
30th January 2011, 12:20 PM
If it is a deluxe then I suspect that it was originally designed to be a Voyager and then late in the design phase, it was probably decided that it should be a deluxe.

The engineering on the arm and leg joints is unmistakable as such.

Regardless, I would have preferred this character deluxe sized so I am satisfied.

Tabias Prime
30th January 2011, 12:41 PM
I don't care what the size,,,I want one....:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Quickstrike
30th January 2011, 07:12 PM
Well it's just speculation at this stage, but for me, it's the chunkiness of his limbs (thighs, arms, legs) that make it scream Voyager size (not to mention all the ratcheted joints - most Deluxes utilise ball joints nowadays).

He doesn't look like he has any ratcheting joints though.

Vector Prime
30th January 2011, 10:02 PM
He doesn't look like he has any ratcheting joints though.

Looking at the pics, he looks like he has ratchet joints in the following areas:

- the top of his thighs where it connects to the waist
- the knee joints
- the shoulder connection
- the elbow joint

If you look closely at the second pic (http://blog-imgs-26-origin.fc2.com/s/n/a/snakas/20110130020124669706.jpg), you can see what looks like 'teeth' of a ratchet joint at his elbow connection.

Also in the fifth pic (http://blog-imgs-26-origin.fc2.com/s/n/a/snakas/20110130020333606588.jpg), you can see a screw hole in the back of his shoulder.

They're definitely not the regular ball joints that we are seeing frequently nowadays with most of the Deluxes, so hence my belief that he may be a larger size class.

These are just from my observations, but it's difficult to tell without seeing it in person or playing with it (or an official announcement).

Either way, I'm not fussed whether he's a Scout, Deluxe or Voyager class - I'm just speculating.

Any new Classicverse character is pure win, so there's no complaints from me! :D

SharkyMcShark
30th January 2011, 10:16 PM
I don't think hes a voyager - he's got those T joints that Hasbro has come to love so much for its deluxes recently that you don't ever seen on voyagers (like for his upper arm swivel)

5FDP
30th January 2011, 10:20 PM
Very impressive! Let's hope that if this ever does see the light of day that it's released here.

Vector Prime
30th January 2011, 10:49 PM
I don't think hes a voyager - he's got those T joints that Hasbro has come to love so much for its deluxes recently that you don't ever seen on voyagers (like for his upper arm swivel)

Yes that's true - it also looks like he's got those new C joint mounting points that are the latest craze on quite a few deluxes (although it's difficult to tell from the pics).

Whatever he is, I wish they would hurry up and release it! :D

Lord_Zed
30th January 2011, 11:26 PM

I agree, saw those joints too. Not a big fan of them a Voyager should have better joints.

As for the leg joints, WFC Megs has ratcheted leg joints too, so there is a precedent.

Anyways looks real nice in the crisp resin form, I hope the end toy matches. I wonder what his repaint will be? Brawl, Quake, Flywheels even?

gdmetro
31st January 2011, 12:03 AM
Does one even need to question this??

SO bought !! :D

kup
31st January 2011, 12:44 AM
I agree, saw those joints too. Not a big fan of them a Voyager should have better joints.

As for the leg joints, WFC Megs has ratcheted leg joints too, so there is a precedent.

Anyways looks real nice in the crisp resin form, I hope the end toy matches. I wonder what his repaint will be? Brawl, Quake, Flywheels even?

The argument is not that he is a voyager but rather that he is a deluxe that was designed to be a voyager. I still think the engineering is indicative of that but I do prefer this character as a deluxe rather than a voyager so if it is indeed a 'down size' it's welcomed.

swoop
31st January 2011, 09:08 AM
If it has been down sized it came through it better than galvatron did.

With the exception of the added missiles I think it's a perfect update for warpath.

I hope it's wave buddy arcee is just as good

kup
31st January 2011, 10:58 AM
If it has been down sized it came through it better than galvatron did.

With the exception of the added missiles I think it's a perfect update for warpath.

I hope it's wave buddy arcee is just as good

Galvatron was a bit of a clumsy design to begin with so it would have been flawed even if it was released upscaled.

This Warpath does indeed seem like a much better design but my preference would have been a more realistic tank mode.

GoktimusPrime
31st January 2011, 07:03 PM

Yeah, can't really blame HasTak for trying to be G1-accurate (if anything, it's something that most G1 fans relish in Classicsverse toys) :) Not a big fan of the oversized missile, but everything else looks sweet.

FFN
31st January 2011, 10:00 PM
If you take the projectile out, the empty launcher will probably look more or less like a TOW launcher, which some infantry fighting vehicles (tank-like troop carriers) have to fight against real tanks.

SharkyMcShark
31st January 2011, 10:15 PM

Doesn't mean I have to like them :mad:

GoktimusPrime
1st February 2011, 11:24 AM
That's fine - but look at it objectively; Classicsverse is, for the most part, perceived as "upgrading" G1 toys using current toy engineering standards. And in doing so, designers will creatively design the aesthetics to reflect the toy's G1 likeness as a homage to the original character. Thus by putting treads on Warpath's feet harkens back to the G1 toy which holds appeal to many G1 fans.

If you didn't grow up with G1 I can see how this may not hold any appeal, but it does for those of us who did. :)

kup
1st February 2011, 11:26 AM
That's fine - but look at it objectively; Classicsverse is, for the most part, perceived as "upgrading" G1 toys using current toy engineering standards. And in doing so, designers will creatively design the aesthetics to reflect the toy's G1 likeness as a homage to the original character. Thus by putting treads on Warpath's feet harkens back to the G1 toy which holds appeal to many G1 fans.

If you didn't grow up with G1 I can see how this may not hold any appeal, but it does for those of us who did. :)

I think that the 'upgrading' of G1 toys is indeed the overall spirit of the line(s) but it is hardly a set rule. Look at Powerglide, Onslaught and other figures, they are complete redesigns.

liegeprime
1st February 2011, 11:46 AM
I for one prefer it to be Voyager... so they can put a voicechip in his torso and then whenever you extend or contract his turret his sound off noises like WHAM< KAPOW< BLAAM!! now THAT is a real homage to Warpath!!:D:D:D

Lord_Zed
1st February 2011, 12:11 PM
Hasbro only puts Sound Chips in Ultra's these days, the last thing we need is another Ultra Minibot like Powerglide.

A sound chip would be cool if it weren't a Hasbro soundchip, IE the laziest half arssed soundchip possible.

kup
1st February 2011, 12:31 PM
Hasbro only puts Sound Chips in Ultra's these days, the last thing we need is another Ultra Minibot like Powerglide.

A sound chip would be cool if it weren't a Hasbro soundchip, IE the laziest half arssed soundchip possible.

I assume that it would be possible to make a home made sound chip. They are generally fairly small and most toys have hollow spaces within where they could fit. The activation doesn't have to be a button and just a movement of an inner joint like an arm or something to trigger it just like G2 Megatron so it may not need any major or visible modifications.

Vector Prime
3rd February 2011, 09:34 AM
Well I guess it's a Deluxe - part of Wave 8 (or 2011 Series 04 depending on how you want to keep tab) according to BBTS (http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS19939&mode=retail) Pre-order listing and seibertron (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/generations-wave-8-potential-case-breakdown/20724/) - still no pics yet though

rampagesss
3rd February 2011, 11:36 AM
I like it :D looks like a good tribute ti his G1 self

Lint
3rd February 2011, 11:36 AM
Well I guess it's a Deluxe - part of Wave 8 (or 2011 Series 04 depending on how you want to keep tab) according to BBTS (http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS19939&mode=retail) Pre-order listing and seibertron (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/generations-wave-8-potential-case-breakdown/20724/) - still no pics yet though

Great news!

A sound chip is a great idea and Warpath is one of the few toys it would be truly appropriate for. I wonder how difficult it would be to homemake one.