PDA

View Full Version : KOToys Computron and Abominus G1 KO Reissues in the works

reillyd
31st January 2011, 06:58 PM
I don't normally read their forums, but I got a link from kotoys's forums sent out to my email (it was a link for a Chinese new years card. Yay!)
and I noticed a provactive little thread titled

Computron and Abominus G1 KO Reissues in the works

He was spot on about the Constructicons, Aerialbots and Protectobots ko's,
so I think its fairly likely to be true.

I loved Computron as a kid, and I know this is one I'd buy for certain if it were released - even though I'd dearly love to buy a TT Encore version.
Not condoning it, but if you WERE thinking about buying any loose off ebay, now is the time to do it before they hit the market.

liegeprime
1st February 2011, 08:37 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! now we'll never see these issued by TAKTOMHAS DAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMNNNN!!!:mad::mad::mad:

Not that I need it coz I already have my G1 (US release completed) but for the sake of people wanting these , drats!!!!

1AZRAEL1
1st February 2011, 08:42 AM
Son of a b***** :mad:

I am still yet to complete my Computron set, and it's looking like I won't get the chance to before they release this. :mad:

liegeprime
1st February 2011, 08:45 AM

I am still yet to complete my Computron set, and it's looking like I won't get the chance to before they release this. :mad:

which figures are you missing?

1AZRAEL1
1st February 2011, 08:47 AM
which figures are you missing?

I need a new Afterburner, and I need some of the parts to form Computron (fists, gun, etc)

kup
1st February 2011, 08:59 AM

The good news is that I haven't seen many of the KO individual parts infesting the after market. It seems that the people who buy them are keeping the sets together.

Skullcruncher
1st February 2011, 09:06 AM
The computron giftset has been out since late last year... the news on abominus is new to me though....

Comptron prices on ebay have dropped in the last 6-12 months you can usually find a complete one for $150.... when I first started collecting this was around $300.

liegeprime
1st February 2011, 09:12 AM
I need a new Afterburner, and I need some of the parts to form Computron (fists, gun, etc)

hmmmm Will keep a lookout for yah.

canofwhoopass_87
1st February 2011, 10:20 AM
Hey Az, this might help.

http://roboticplanet.com/store/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=1&zenid=15f2c027e57d3ac90ba5531f3079a82a&keyword=computron

Great guy, I trust him to always deliver vintage originals. I bet ya liege would want a couple of things from roboticplanet too. He's always after something from there :p

Damn pity about the Abominus. I know there was a super shoddy carded KO already floating around but a higher quality set is terrible news. I don't believe Abominus was released as a US G1 Giftset was he? So how exactly are they going to release this crumball set?

1AZRAEL1
1st February 2011, 10:23 AM
Thanks for that, I didn't even think to look on there for it. I will have to buy them, but wait until I have money. Hopefully soon.

Hursticon
1st February 2011, 11:52 AM
Lame!!! :(
All I need for my Abominus, that I care for anyway, is his Feet and Rifle and for Computron... An entire Computron. :p

This sucks because I'm not likely to have the money for a Computron any time soon and Abominus has been a complete pain in the ass to complete... Stupid KOs! :mad:

Sky Shadow
2nd February 2011, 07:02 PM
Dear Knockoff Makers,

Please make Computron and Abominus in inverse colours, like so:

http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/1103/sgcomputronbio.jpghttp://img6.imageshack.us/img6/1104/sgabominusbio.jpg

And then I shall buy them. That means you will sell two whole sets! Ruminate on this and you will soon realise the benefits of my ingenious proposal.

Love,

Sky Shadow.

Hursticon
2nd February 2011, 07:10 PM
That's just creepy Sky Shadow! :p:D

kup
2nd February 2011, 07:10 PM
Dear Knockoff Makers,

Please make Computron and Abominus in inverse colours, like so:

http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/1103/sgcomputronbio.jpghttp://img6.imageshack.us/img6/1104/sgabominusbio.jpg

And then I shall buy them. That means you will sell two whole sets! Ruminate on this and you will soon realise the benefits of my ingenious proposal.

Love,

Sky Shadow.

Repaints like that would be stupid awesome! Why isn't Has-Tom thinking up this stuff?

You should challenge Archer to a battle to the death and take his position.

jaydisc
2nd February 2011, 08:15 PM
Probably because it has zero mass market appeal.

What's the source of that image SS?

kup
2nd February 2011, 08:45 PM

Can't it be a club exclusive like the Piranacon repaint? That also has zero maket appeal :p

Lord_Zed
2nd February 2011, 10:30 PM
Can't it be a club exclusive like the Piranacon repaint? That also has zero maket appeal :p

Yeah they would be some of the most awesome repaints I ever ignored then.

liegeprime
3rd February 2011, 07:16 AM
TO THE DEATH!!!! :D:D:D:D

Sky Shadow
3rd February 2011, 01:26 PM

It's Shattered Glass Computron and Abominus's profile art from #27 and #28 of the OTFCC magazine.

I think that if the knockoff producers made 'exclusives' like these (that we would otherwise never see), it's like using their powers for good instead of evil.

kup
3rd February 2011, 01:39 PM
I think that if the knockoff producers made 'exclusives' like these (that we would otherwise never see), it's like using their powers for good instead of evil.

I like that :cool:

reillyd
7th February 2011, 04:18 PM
Well here's one on ebay now that's fetching a fine price
http://cgi.ebay.com/Transformers-Computron-Technobots-/220733773092

from Zhangzao. I just tried to buy the KO version from a Mr Zhang on ioffer.
Strange coincidence? I mean there must be heaps of people by that surname, right?

canofwhoopass_87
7th February 2011, 04:37 PM
Dunno man. That ebay auction sorta looks legit, but then again I've seen plenty of idiots/uninformed individuals bid massively on knock offs on U.S / CA ebay.

Also, ioffer is a pretty dodgy place to buy IMO. I wouldn't buy a KO from sellers on that site.

Skullcruncher
7th February 2011, 08:37 PM
It looks legit but that guy has sold many a KO.... wouldnt be surprised if thats the legit set they used to make the box from.