Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia (otca.com.au)

Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia (otca.com.au) (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/index.php)
-   Soundwave's Global News (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Golden Lagoon Figure Set revealed (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=25526)

bowspearer 9th June 2018 05:24 PM

Golden Lagoon Figures revealed

So it seems that Golden Lagoon Optimus has some friends.

Twitter user Masabon has noted that there are going to be Golden Lagoon figures consisting of Unite Warriors Starscream for 3800, as well as a 3-pack of Legends Seaspray, Legends Perceptor and Power of the Primes Beachcomber released alongside it for 8000.

Tober 9th June 2018 05:32 PM

Takara Tomy Mall listing

Bladestorm 9th June 2018 05:46 PM

Are all the figures coming out in October or just Optimus?

They are curiously ugly and intriguing at the same time... I think I might have to get Optimus at least.

Tober 9th June 2018 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bladestorm (Post 588516)
Are all the figures coming out in October or just Optimus?

They are curiously ugly and intriguing at the same time... I think I might have to get Optimus at least.

Looks like the three Golden Lagoon bots are being released in November.

I only know of the MP Convoy being a Wonderfest exclusive. There could well be an Asian release too tho. Wonderfest is about eight weeks away.

DaptoDog 9th June 2018 09:11 PM

Wouldn't Thrust have been the most logical Decepticon character to be part of the set since he was the first one to jump in the lagoon?

ZoonMaster5000 9th June 2018 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaptoDog (Post 588534)
Wouldn't Thrust have been the most logical Decepticon character to be part of the set since he was the first one to jump in the lagoon?

While you are right I always tend to think of beachcomber when I think about the golden lagoon episode. So very strange they have missed both of these characters

Edit: Just saw some official photos and beachcomber is in the set.

bowspearer 9th June 2018 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZoonMaster5000 (Post 588535)
While you are right I always tend to think of beachcomber when I think about the golden lagoon episode. So very strange they have missed both of these characters

Edit: Just saw some official photos and beachcomber is in the set.

Not when you consider that there's no easy way for them to do a Combiner Wars Thrust without a heap of retooling.

Raider 9th June 2018 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowspearer (Post 588540)
Not when you consider that there's no easy way for them to do a Combiner Wars Thrust without a heap of retooling.

Isn't it odd though that they are using MP OP but CW figures for the rest? I think I would have preferred just Megs and OP in gold and maybe an exclusive beachcomber

bowspearer 9th June 2018 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raider (Post 588541)
Isn't it odd though that they are using MP OP but CW figures for the rest? I think I would have preferred just Megs and OP in gold and maybe an exclusive beachcomber

With the exception of the lazy recolour with Starscream though, all of the others are the cheapest way to pump these figures out while maintaining animation accuracy. I suspect that's what drove the decision.

DELTAprime 9th June 2018 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowspearer (Post 588540)

It's a limited run set from TT. Given that TT have no problem with digging out old moulds and charging a fortune for them they could have gotten the Henkei Thrust mould out of storage, again...