Page 35 of 41 FirstFirst ... 15253031323334353637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: Revenge of the Fallen Toys comments/discussion

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Holy crap for crap!

Does this make Sideswipe Strong Sad?

Sideswipe can be StrongMad since he's strong enough to chop of Decepticon in half. Jolt is StrongSad since "sad" is arguably an apt description for his appearance in RotF.

I think Deluxe Dead End would be Strong Sad, considering he sits in dark corners all the time.

ANYWAY, I got Sideswipe today. His car mode is cool, but I don't like how it doesn't roll. Not that the wheels don't move, but there's undercarriage junk sticking out that scrapes along the ground and prevents him from rolling.

The transformation is tricky, but it's not insane.

Robot mode is really good. He looks like a Gundam robot cosplaying as a Transformer, and I like the anime robot look his head has. The swords are cool, and it's cool that they can be folded back.

His wheel feet make him a little tricky to pose, particularly because the feet and heelspurs are on the same block and so I can't have both touching the ground-it's either one or the other. I have his heelspurs on the ground, and it seems to give him good balance.

The only real detractment I can think of is his kibble. The hood of Sideswipe's car mode splits in two and hangs off his back rather ungainly. I wish that they'd been integrated into the robot mode better.

Anyway, Sideswipe is great.

If Swerve is StrongBad and Dead End is StrongSad, would Sideswipe be Homestar, Bumblebee as The Cheat and the Bike triplets as the Teen Girl Squad? You know... So-And-So, What's-Her-Face and The Ugly One.

Silverdragon, if you think deluxe Sideswipes back kibble is bad, it's nothing compared to Human Alliance Sideswipes back kibble!

Quote Originally Posted by Stompy View Post
    If Swerve is StrongBad and Dead End is StrongSad, would Sideswipe be Homestar, Bumblebee as The Cheat and the Bike triplets as the Teen Girl Squad? You know... So-And-So, What's-Her-Face and The Ugly One.

Silverdragon, if you think deluxe Sideswipes back kibble is bad, it's nothing compared to Human Alliance Sideswipes back kibble!
    The Bike Chicks would be fitting as the Teen Girl Squad, considering that two-thirds of them died. I think Ravage would be the Cheat, and Bumblebee would be Homsar.

I've seen, and I'm glad I have no desire to get any of the HA line.

Also, I was transforming Sideswipe just now, and a small grey peg fell out of him. I can't find any broken areas inside him (he's in robot mode right now and doesn't seem to have anything wrong), and given its resemblance to a sprue peg, I'm guessing it might be the remnant of the casting process that I dislodged.

I thought Wheelie was the Cheat!

He has more of that Sidekick thing going.

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    blazemaster - best left in alt mode

does the blue tail section snap into place anywhere? and the white piece on top? they just kind of dangle there
    Pretty much my sentiments. A few weeks back now Jaydisc and I both had some serious cracks at trying to get it right. The think lacks any intuition and there's no solidity to it. In the end I've found a compromise but while the alt mode is very nice and lively, the bot transformaton and bot mode are very disappointing although it should be acknowledged the bot mode can be made to look quite cool. Nothing clicks into place in robot mode and hte articulation is there but useless. You'll find yourself questioning why parts have articulation when there simply isn't enough space to even move that part in the first place. Very crap toy.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

I've been unfortunately suckered into getting the RPMs now.

Yes they don't tranform! And they're VERY "plastic". But they still remind me so much of the matchbox style diecast cars I had when I was a kid. I have OP and BB so far. Am really tempted to have a team of Autobot cars now... Damn they're expensive...

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Yes they don't tranform! And they're VERY "plastic". But they still remind me so much of the matchbox style diecast cars I had when I was a kid. I have OP and BB so far. Am really tempted to have a team of Autobot cars now... Damn they're expensive...
    How much are they? I haven't seen any yet.

I've become another victim of Hasbro's shoddy QA. Picked up Dunerunner yesterday - first time I've even seen the bugger in stores - and lo and behold he's missing the pin for his left foot (that attaches the heel spur)!

I've since refunded the toy.