Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MP-05 Masterpiece Megatron In Stock

Default MP-05 Masterpiece Megatron In Stock

MP-05 Megatron is now back in stock at RK for $105.80.

Desperately want one but can't be bothered going through all the loopholes of getting a gun license (I'd be too tempted to collect real guns then )

I just did a quick check and there are over 20 of them... that's a lot.

So from what I understand, Perthicons can legally own MP-05 a replica firearm but it is explicitly forbidden to posess or copy RC computer games like Mortal Kombat???

Western Australia, Australia

Ownership of Masterpiece Megatron is LEGAL in Western Australia, Australia.

However, it will still likely be seized by Customs which is a Federal body. You will then need to obtain a Form B1709A, IMPORTATION OF FIREARMS-POLICE CONFIRMATION AND CERTIFICATION permit from the Firearms Division of the Western Australian Police to have it released to you from Customs.
    SOURCE

Recent Additions:
    Robosen Auto Converting Optimus Prime
    Incoming:
    Canon Optimus
    Wishlist:
    MP Jazz, MP Ricochet, MP Waspinator
    Selling:
    Lots, just need to sort it out.
    Looking For:
    Seige Cyberton upgrade Optimus Prime

I picked one of these up in Adelaide when they 1st came out, i remember hearing that they were banned in some states. Can't believe you actually need a gun license to own one.

Quote Originally Posted by Vector Prime View Post
    Desperately want one but can't be bothered going through all the loopholes of getting a gun license (I'd be too tempted to collect real guns then )
    Quote Originally Posted by Deceptic0ns View Post
    I picked one of these up in Adelaide when they 1st came out, i remember hearing that they were banned in some states. Can't believe you actually need a gun license to own one.
    That's not entirely true -- you don't need a full gun licence, what you need is an imitation firearms permit. The permit allows you to own prohibited imitation firearms; it's not a licence to own real guns.

Here's what my permit looks like:

In order to obtain the permit in NSW you will also need to satisfy minimum safe storage requirements, such as:
    + A lockable display unit for the gunformer(s).
    + Locks on doors and windows in the room where the gunformer(s) is/are stored.
    + Bars on windows of said room if it is on the ground floor. Upstairs rooms are exempt from this requirement.

What a joke, soon you will need one of those for a water pistol!

Hello everyone . I'm waiting for the day that they bring out a knife licence. Then you'll have to register all of your kitchen knifes

What a joke Australia has become

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    That's not entirely true -- you don't need a full gun licence, what you need is an imitation firearms permit. The permit allows you to own prohibited imitation firearms; it's not a licence to own real guns.

Here's what my permit looks like:
    [IMG]**SNIP**[/IMG]

In order to obtain the permit in NSW you will also need to satisfy minimum safe storage requirements, such as:
    + A lockable display unit for the gunformer(s).
    + Locks on doors and windows in the room where the gunformer(s) is/are stored.
    + Bars on windows of said room if it is on the ground floor. Upstairs rooms are exempt from this requirement.
    What I meant was that if I needed to go through all these pain in the arse requirements to obtain MP Megs, I might as well go the full hog and get a gun license and collect those instead.

just noticed...

there is a guy on aus ebay ( in w.a. ) selling mp megs for $250. ( claims to have 2 for sale )

i know its pricey.....but atleast it eliminates the chance of it getting siezed at customs!

maybe an option for someone

janda

..all these laws for a toy likely to sit in a room on a shelf as a ROBOT!?!