View Poll Results: Kreo Series 3 (Beast Hunters) - worth buying?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • All

0 0%
  • Some or one

1 100.00%
  • None

0 0%

Thread: Toy Review - Kreo Build Sets Series 3 (Beast Hunters)

Default Toy Review - Kreo Build Sets Series 3 (Beast Hunters)

(Please post photos, comments or even a fully comprehensive review - these are just some brief details to get you started)

Series - Kre-O
    Sub-line - Beast Hunters
    Wave - 3 (5 sets)
    Released here - Might be here late 2013 (globally January 2013)

Beast Blade Optimus Prime - Optimus Prime Vs Lazerback & Energon Kicker (251 pieces - 2 Kreons, Optimus & Kicker) US$25
    Ripclaw Strike - Ripclaw & Col Daniel Witwicky (199 pieces - 2 Kreons, Riplclaw & Daniel Witwicky) US$17
    Battle Net Bumblebee - Bumblebee (yellow off-road jeep) Vs Skystalker (blue dragon) (178 pieces - 2 Kreons, Bumblebee & Clutch/human) US$17
    Mech Venom - Windcharger (Gen1 both modes) vs Corhada (blue snake) (49 pieces) US$4
    Dragon Assault - Trailcutter (Gen1 both modes) vs Grimwing (green dragon) (42 pieces) US$4

Beast Blade Optimus Prime (Optimus Prime Vs Lazerback)
    Size/class - n/a (251 pieces)
    New/remould/redeco - New
    Approximate Retail Price - AU$? (US$25)
    Approximate Size - 20cm (Optimus), 10cm (Lazerback), 4cm (Kreons)
    Allegiance - Autobot (Optimus), Predacon (Lazerback)
    Alt-mode - Truck (Optimus). (Lazerback doesn't have two modes)
    Main Features/Gimmicks - the three big sets each have an Energon container, missile launchers.
    Main Colours - Red, blue, grey, black (Optimus), red, purple, yellow (Lazerback).
    Main Accessories - 2 Kreons (Optimus, Energon Kicker)

Ripclaw Strike - (Ripclaw)
    Size/class - n/a (199 pieces)
    New/remould/redeco - New
    Approximate Retail Price - AU$? (US$17)
    Approximate Size - 30cm (Optimus), 4cm (Kreons)
    Allegiance - Predacon (Ripclaw)
    Alt-mode - Dragon (Ripclaw)
    Main Features/Gimmicks - the three big sets each have an Energon container, missile launcher.
    Main Colours - Red, grey, black (Ripclaw).
    Main Accessories - 2 Kreons (Ripclaw, Col Daniel Witwicky)

Battle Net Bumblebee (Bumblebee Vs Skystalker)
    Size/class - n/a (178 pieces)
    New/remould/redeco - New
    Approximate Retail Price - AU$? (US$17)
    Approximate Size - 15cm (Bumblebee), 10cm (Skystalker), 4cm (Kreons)
    Allegiance - Autobot (Bumblebee), Predacon (Skystalker)
    Alt-mode - Off-road vehicle (Bumblebee). (Skystalker doesn't have two modes)
    Main Features/Gimmicks - the three big sets each have an Energon container, missile launcher with net.
    Main Colours - Yellow, Red, grey, black (Bumblebee), Blue, white (Skystalker).
    Main Accessories - 2 Kreons (Bumblebee, Clutch(human))

Mech Venom (Windcharger Vs Corhada)
    Size/class - n/a (49 pieces)
    New/remould/redeco - New
    Approximate Retail Price - AU$? (US$4)
    Approximate Size - 10cm (Corhada), 4cm (Windcharger)
    Allegiance - Autobot (Windcharger), Predacon (Corhada)
    Alt-mode - Car (Windcharger). (Corhada doesn't have two modes)
    Main Features/Gimmicks - Wincharger is a Microchanger Kreon, missile launcher
    Main Colours - Red, white, black (Windcharger), Dark blue, black (Corhada).
    Main Accessories - Missile launcher unit

Dragon Assault (Trailcutter Vs Grimwing)
    Size/class - n/a (42 pieces)
    New/remould/redeco - New
    Approximate Retail Price - AU$? (US$4)
    Approximate Size - 10cm (Grimwing), 4cm (Trailcutter)
    Allegiance - Autobot (Trailcutter), Predacon (Grimwing)
    Alt-mode - Offroad (Trailcutter). (Grimwing doesn't have two modes)
    Main Features/Gimmicks - Trailcutter is a Microchanger Kreon, missile launcher
    Main Colours - Black, off-white (Trailcutter), Green, grey (Grimwing).
    Main Accessories - none.

Received the two smallest sets via Amazon and built them this afternoon.

Trailbreaker
    Sure he is Trailcutter on the packaging and instructions, but I will continue to call him by his original name.
    Fantastic figure made of all the same bits and pieces as the other blind pack wave Kreons, in that he is designed to semi-convert with the swapping of some additional pieces. He has 3 stickers to add to his larger brick count (than the blind packed waves) which are all used for his alt mode, which is okay, not great.

Robot mode has some one-off made pieces to represent his shoulder cannons. Putting this set together after just opening the Commander Trailbreaker, it is obvious that this is a G1 Trailbreaker with a small Bh enemy.

Trailbreakers Set
    It's a poorly designed little green dragon, with three stickers and nothing spectacular or truly clever. A waste of bricks and time to construct. The Beast has the celverly made projectile firer in his tail, but due to the poor build design it is nigh unusable, rendering the only positive into another negative.
    If it hadn't only cost me about $6 (shipping was more or less free due to coming in a large order) I'd be upset, but it is only $1 more than a blind packed Kreon bought off the shelf here.

If you can get Trailbreaker by himself cheaper than the whole set, do it. The rest is a waste.

Windcharger
    Like Trailbreaker, this is another higher piece count Kreon than the blind packed figures. Another three stickers all for alt mode and lots of leftover bricks in robot mode that can only be used in alt mode. Figure itself is nice.

Windchargers set
    Do you have 3 minutes? Then you can make this set, disassemble and remake again. The Beast is 9 sockets joined together. The weapon firing mechanism is not only cleverly designed, but it works surprisingly well. The enemy is useless and not at all clever or fun, but the luncher is different and clever. The first time a Kreon build has ever felt like it was designed by someone with any idea of how to capture the "lego" feel in a non-lego set.

Overall Windcharger is easily worth the $6 or so it cost me. I'd happily pay a little more (on par with the smallest lego sets) but nothing over $9-$10.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

The same as iamtrunks, I got the two smaller sets. The others didn't really hold much interest for me. Had these guys sitting there for two months but finally got around to them this evening

Mech Venom Strike

I didn't mind Corhada (I had to look up his name on TFwiki as it seems to be referenced nowhere else ). Lying down he looks a bit shite, but you can make him rear up nicely and give Windcharger something to aim his turret gun at. The turret gun is quite cool, and Windcharger is a nice little bot and a welcome addition to the BH ranks

Dragon Assault

Having the missile launcher placed in Grimwing's tail kinda works if you are holding him at the angle he is depicted in on the front of the box. Otherwise its just a bollocks placement for it. Good wingspan on Grimwing, and this size wings makes more sense on him than on Kre-O Windrazor. Trailbreaker is his tough beefy self, loving the missiles on his back and the gun enplacement on his arm . Alt mode isnt too bad for a Kre-O, certainly seen much worse, but seen better as well.

Overall these two kits are very cheap and worth picking up in my opinion