Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Platinum Edition Trypticon at ToysRUs

Default Platinum Edition Trypticon at ToysRUs

Trypitcon is now advertised on the TRU website, although showing 'currenlty unavailable' for $399 so maybe it is confirmed?

Quote Originally Posted by markus84 View Post
    Trypitcon is now advertised on the TRU website, although showing 'currenlty unavailable' for $399 so maybe it is confirmed?
    Damn, that took five searches to find on their site because they misspelled Trypticon as Trypitcon... which is then in the link address as well.
    Just like the typo for Generations (so it doesn't show up when searching Generations), and Grimlock as two words (so it doesn't show up either if looking for Grimlock toys).

Okay... so Trypticon is currently listed, but not yet available. I don't recall if they have ever listed something on their site that they didn't end up being released, because they must have received the stock at the warehouse for them to get the page ready for orders.

At $400, it's a new record for Australia for Retail-Priced Transformers, and it is going to be a tough sell to collectors... but to most of their regular customers it will look like it is worth it - 4-5 times the size of Perceptor & Blaster combined, but is only double their price. (next to the Insecticons at $150, Trypticon would look like a steal)

(copied posts to a new News posting)

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Damn, that took five searches to find on their site because they misspelled Trypticon as Trypitcon... which is then in the link address as well.
    Just like the typo for Generations (so it doesn't show up when searching Generations), and Grimlock as two words (so it doesn't show up either if looking for Grimlock toys).

Okay... so Trypticon is currently listed, but not yet available. I don't recall if they have ever listed something on their site that they didn't end up being released, because they must have received the stock at the warehouse for them to get the page ready for orders.

At $400, it's a new record for Australia for Retail-Priced Transformers, and it is going to be a tough sell to collectors... but to most of their regular customers it will look like it is worth it - 4-5 times the size of Perceptor & Blaster combined, but is only double their price. (next to the Insecticons at $150, Trypticon would look like a steal)
    There is a SKN on the webpage, so might be worth ringing around and checking some stores with that number for details

400 bucks.... wow, no chance!

Spotted in person today at TRU Bankstown - no one is touching that for $399.....
    If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you

My sales thread: Linky

If it's out, I can tweet it then.

Quote Originally Posted by davieanix View Post
    400 bucks.... wow, no chance!
    I would of paid $250 - $300~ for it. But $400 to me just seems over the top pricey. Sadly won't be adding that one to the collection.

About 8 months ago I was looking at an MIB Original G1 version and it was around that price!!
    That is very steep, he is on the shelves over here in China and I have to say he does look great in the packaging. I can't recall what they are going for though Definitely not in that price range though otherwise I think I would have had kittens on the spot.
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

$400.... you'd be able to get yourself a pretty decent bike for that price. At my estimate, that's also groceries for about a fortnight for an average family of four. I can imagine the wife's expression when I say to her 'sorry, no food for the next 2 weeks... I got to buy me a plastic dinosaur'. That conversation is never gonna end well
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]