Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 25th Anniversary line Bruticus and Superion found on ebay

Pass from me. I got all of the SL versions and never did like the combined mode, just a couple of the individual Transformers..

I'd get the Bruticus set for the three individual moulds and discard the other two as the combined form just looks ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Yes but he shouldn't have to. More importantly, officially that toy will always be known as Airazor, no matter what people want to call it.
    Then what do you propose the company do?
    http://www.tfwiki.net, the Transformers Wiki - Serious intellectual discussion about transforming space robots.

Quote Originally Posted by FFN View Post
    Then what do you propose the company do?
    Well, if a name isn't likely to be misinterpretted (like Slag), and can have the allegiance as a prefix if too common a word (like Autobot Ratchet), they why would Hasbro NOT use names that fans will support? The majority of consumers (non-fans) won't care if it is called Airazor or Slingshot. Heck, Hasbro could call it 'Autobot Wings' and it wouldn't affect their sales of the boxed-set. So why go to the trouble of having a Gen1 Aerialbots set, with some Aerialbot colourings, and only use 5 of the 6 Aerialbot names? Calling Airazor 'Slingshot' would make more fans be interested in it, while the bulk of their customers wouldn't know or care which name is used.
    The only thing I could even remotely guess is that the word 'Slingshot' is the name of an actual 'weapon', and some markets may not allow it. But that's stretching it, to give Hasbro the benefit of the doubt here.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by griffin
    The only thing I could even remotely guess is that the word 'Slingshot' is the name of an actual 'weapon', and some markets may not allow it. But that's stretching it, to give Hasbro the benefit of the doubt here.
    Even then they could make an effort to modify the name to make it passable, like using Slingshot's Japanese name "Sling" (which has many other meanings outside of being a weapon) or "~shot" (e.g.: Airshot)... some attempt at maintaining the original G1 name would be preferable.

These are out for pre-order at RK:

Superion Link here

Bruticus

Does anyone know if they will come out as normal retail here?
    ~ JuzMel ~
    My son is taking over all my TFs!

Not known yet Mel. I've put it as a question to Hasbro for December Q & A.

At Myer in the Brisbane CBD the Superion and Bruticus sets are there. $69.95. I don't know if this is in the sighting section yet.
    So yeah, they are here in Oz at retail.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallestblue View Post
    At Myer in the Brisbane CBD the Superion and Bruticus sets are there. $69.95. I don't know if this is in the sighting section yet.
    So yeah, they are here in Oz at retail.
    thanks..at least i know a budget to get them at...thanks TallestBlue