Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: To buy or not to buy?

Default To buy or not to buy?

So I went into the local K-Mart yesterday and they had some figures. Not many, i'm guessing more will go out when the sale starts.

But after looking at the catalogue it doesn't look promising that (aside from the two-pack Battle Begins which I have) they will be on sale.

And i'm sure others have had this feeling. The itchy feet feeling ... the urge to go out and buy a TF because it's there. A TF you don't have, but could have even though it's not on sale.

And I have that urge now. I want to go buy one, or two, or three, ... or however many they have ...

Should I wait and hope for a sale? Or should I just go and indulge?

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Be like me, only acquire the Animated figures that you really want.

Don't let things like sales tempt you to purchase something that will make you question at a later date "Why the hell did I buy this? )

So far I only have 4 Animated figures & in all honesty, the others just don't appeal to me that much at all. Sales may weaken certain people's resolve (there are a couple of people with very weak resolves 'round these parts ) but you have to stick to your guns...

If you really do not want to own a particular figure, don't break down & buy it.

Did that last night with Leader Megatron. Wanted him, but I know a sale is coming soon .. So I stopped and waited. Glad I did as he is @ 20% off now

Pitty I can't afford now due to some eBay spends.

I wait till sales irregardless. Only the best figures command my money now but patience is a virtue I'm slowly learning.

Quote Originally Posted by Pulse View Post
    Sales may weaken certain people's resolve (there are a couple of people with very weak resolves 'round these parts )
    Hey, who the hell r u looking at?

And proud of it
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

i say if you like it, buy them :P
    if you are still thinking, buy them first, dont like it...can always refund
    open those you like... when there's a sale, you can buy the figures again and refund using the old receipt

*double happiness*

I say if you really want a toy, buy it. What I don't like is those people who sit on the fence about whether they want or like a toy, buy it, and then decide they don't like it and return it a week or so later. This creates an artificial supply void which affects people who want to buy the toy without reservation but can't because it is no longer available due to someone else's half-arsed decision making skills. This also applies to those people who buy a toy with no intention of opening it straight away, in anticipation of a sale so they can take it back and get a discount. If you want the toy, buy it and open it right away instead of leaving people who are ready and willing to pay full retail, to go without. I have personally been on the receiving end of this and it pisses me no end. If you want something cheaper, then wait till its actually on sale instead of hoarding items from those who are ready and willing to pay full retail.
    If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you

My sales thread: Linky

Don't worry, i'm not the sort of person who does that returning thing.

It's not so much that I want the figure, it's a sick sick REALLY sick desire to buy a TF because I haven't bought one since I was in Adelaide two weeks ago.

I'm with Ice. Just buy somewhere that you can return it later if you find it on sale. Be warned that Target now has a 28 day limit on "Change of mind receipts", but everyone else is pretty good. I returned MISB Classics Prime and Voyager last week on six month old receipts to Myer with no issue.

Also, I confirmed with a reliable Kmart source, only the TFs shown in the catalog are on sale.

Is anyone else getting the feeling that Pulse might not like Animated that much?

Quote Originally Posted by Fungal Infection View Post
    I say if you really want a toy, buy it. What I don't like is those people who sit on the fence about whether they want or like a toy, buy it, and then decide they don't like it and return it a week or so later. This creates an artificial supply void which affects people who want to buy the toy without reservation but can't because it is no longer available due to someone else's half-arsed decision making skills. This also applies to those people who buy a toy with no intention of opening it straight away, in anticipation of a sale so they can take it back and get a discount. If you want the toy, buy it and open it right away instead of leaving people who are ready and willing to pay full retail, to go without. I have personally been on the receiving end of this and it pisses me no end. If you want something cheaper, then wait till its actually on sale instead of hoarding items from those who are ready and willing to pay full retail.
    Fungal, you've got to understand that not every figure will be available for sale when there is a sale. if you really like it...why don't buy it?
    i'm not asking everyone to buy every single figure (unless you are a vivid complete figure collector)

When there's a sale and if it happens that the figure is still available, you can always bring the old receipt along with you...buy the sale figure (that you've already got) and refund it on the spot. it will work out.

it's not a bad thing to do considering you taking the time and effort to go get the toy and that you are also saving money for your future collection.
    if you insist of waiting, well...all i can say is good luck

"Time and tide waits for no man"

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
    Is anyone else getting the feeling that Pulse might not like Animated that much?
    Maybe giving my "Sig's Waiting List" a quick skim-over would spell that out clear as day...