Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TF3 makes it to 4th highest grossing movie ever

Default TF3 makes it to 4th highest grossing movie ever

TF3 has just nudged out the third Lord of the Rings movie, to make it into the number 4 spot on all time highest earning movies list. It would have made number 3 (for a little while) if the last Harry Potter movie was released a couple months later... but TF3 won't climb above that one now.

1.119 Billion dollars worldwide... Not bad for a movie that got mixed views and reviews.

There's no way Paramount or Hasbro would walk away from more TF movies now... and we still have the worldwide DVD sales to come.

I completely agree Griffin, it's an amazing outcome and it only leaves one question really; Sequel/Prequel or Remake/Reboot?

I reckon that Hasbro could pull off a live-action TV series instead.

That's brilliant! Three cheers for TF3! I love that Titanic is still up there after all these years. I wonder what the 3D release of Titanic next year will achieve.

Quote Originally Posted by jena View Post
    That's brilliant! Three cheers for TF3! I love that Titanic is still up there after all these years. I wonder what the 3D release of Titanic next year will achieve.
    Really? - They're doing a 3D version?
    Is it coming to cinemas?, I've got to tell my Father now as it's one of his all time favourite films.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Really? - They're doing a 3D version?
    Is it coming to cinemas?, I've got to tell my Father now as it's one of his all time favourite films.
    Yep, it is coming back to cinemas in 3D for the 100th anniversary of the sinking next year. Personally, I hate 3D movies but I can't wait to see Titanic on the big screen again.

Quote Originally Posted by jena View Post
    Yep, it is coming back to cinemas in 3D for the 100th anniversary of the sinking next year. Personally, I hate 3D movies but I can't wait to see Titanic on the big screen again.
    After just mentioning it to my Father, neither can he.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWarp91 View Post
    I reckon that Hasbro could pull off a live-action TV series instead.
    Give technology another 10 years and it's entirely possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutton View Post
    Give technology another 10 years and it's entirely possible.
    they should get Kurt Sutter to pen the script, it'd be so badass

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    TF3 has just nudged out the third Lord of the Rings movie, to make it into the number 4 spot on all time highest earning movies list. It would have made number 3 (for a little while) if the last Harry Potter movie was released a couple months later... but TF3 won't climb above that one now.

1.119 Billion dollars worldwide... Not bad for a movie that got mixed views and reviews.

There's no way Paramount or Hasbro would walk away from more TF movies now... and we still have the worldwide DVD sales to come.
    I'd love to see real world figures for these movies.

The Smurfs is higher on the list than Terminator 2, which should tell you everything you need to know about how utterly meaningless and redundant these lists are.

It doesn't take into account ticket price rises over time, certainly doesn't account for the 3D surcharge, it doesn't account for the increased population of the world, or the percentage of that population with access to cinemas.

Which is not to take anything away from how surprisingly well TF3 has done, especially after TF2.

Imagine how much money these things could make if they were great instead of just good?