Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TRU Exclusive Darkwing/Countdown - how much is too much?

Default TRU Exclusive Darkwing/Countdown - how much is too much?

Apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere, but I was hoping for some feedback on the price range for the TRU Darkwing and Countdown figures.

I have found them in WA for $80, which I am having some trouble accepting.

What price are they going for in other states?

And what do board members think of the price I have seen them at?

same $80 price... prob want them cheaper but can definitely wait or miss out on them.

I will tell you how much is too much. $80!

Stuid toys r us. Guess what will be left on the shelves there. My local is still trying to flog those damn turnarounds from the 1st movie.

It's disappointing to see those priced at AU$80 here, while only being priced at about US$25 in America. And with them being at TRU, we probably won't see a price reduction on them either.

I'd recommend looking for them online (toy dealers or ebay) and do the math on the conversions and shipping, to see if you can actually get them imported for a lot less.

If they get lots of shelf warmers, they might just reduce the price later. It's way too much to ask just for a repaint.
    ~ JuzMel ~
    My son is taking over all my TFs!

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    It's disappointing to see those priced at AU$80 here, while only being priced at about US$25 in America. And with them being at TRU, we probably won't see a price reduction on them either.
    True, up til now they're trying to flog off them recoulored Mudflap and Red alert at full price and its been a year now..... Good thing I'm not after these molds , just rapes your wallet with prices like that.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    It's disappointing to see those priced at AU$80 here, while only being priced at about US$25 in America.
    Actually, while I was in the USA in April they were priced at $29.99 while their other Ultras were $24.99, so even the USA branch was gouging based on the exclusitivity.

Just the words "TRU Exclusive" make me sad.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
    Actually, while I was in the USA in April they were priced at $29.99 while their other Ultras were $24.99, so even the USA branch was gouging based on the exclusitivity.
    I did say 'about'.
    But I have an idea of what you are talking about. Demonac and I were at a TRU in LA and they only had Darkwing. It scanned at $30, but the only 'Universe Ultra' shelf tag was for $25.
    We just thought it was a pricing error, but now it makes sense if you are saying that those two exclusives were meant to be $5 more.
    There were no other Ultras in stock, and no other Ultra-size-class shelf tags, so how were we to know that we convinced them to do an adjustment to match a different product?

I certainly wouldn't have intentionally done it, because even at US$30 it was a bargain compared to the AU TRU price, and I would have still been happy to pay it. We just thought we were being ripped off by TRU for having it scan up incorrectly...

Haha. They foiled themselves. Excellent.