6 54.55%
  • BARF! No thanks!

4 36.36%
  • Don't care either way

0 0%

Thread: Review - Device label Dinosaura/Trypticon

Default Review - Device label Dinosaura/Trypticon

Device label Dinosaura Mouse
    I have to admit that I am kind of fond of the device label series. It’s something different and if I really wanted to show off how geeky I really am it provides the perfect way to do it.

Kyle this off of a table at the nexus fair for me. It was a good price and a spontaneous purchase. Previously I had thought of getting one, but it was low on my priority list and I have to say, I like it in a cheesy kind of way.

The mouse is larger than I thought it would be. For some reason I thought it would be a micro mouse, but it’s actually a normal mouse size. When you plug it in, a blue light lights up and there is a decepticon logo on it which is a really nice touch. The USB cable is just over 3 feet long and quite a bit shorter than the other mouse I have, meaning I have to plug it into a front port only. Its colours are simple. Grey with gold lines. There is a purple scroll wheel and the left and right button at the front. Functionality wise it seems to work fine. For me though the buttons are a tad too small as I felt like my fingers were going to slip off and the bits where the legs come out would move whenever I picked up the mouse to re-centre on the pad.

Transforming is quick and easy. And the figure has some nice details moulded into the underside. There aren't many colours, just the gold stipes and some aqua legs with purple feet/claws. The eyes work really well, when I first had it out, the gold paint made it look like it had light piping in his head. Very reflective and effective. Obviously the dinosaur mode is a bit naff, but it does the trick. More of a BW Dinobot than either Grimlock or Trypticon but it’s ok and good for novelty value. It does have a fair bit of articulation in the heels, wrists and opening/closing claws and neck.

Overall, it effectively carries the Trypticon feel through the colours. It fails as a mouse due to the movement of pieces needed for legs and small buttons for my man hands. I still like it though and feel like tracking down Grimlock now for the light up insignia.

More pics here

6/10

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    For me though the buttons are a tad too small as I felt like my fingers were going to slip off and the bits where the legs come out would move whenever I picked up the mouse to re-centre on the pad.
    I feel they should lock the legs in better in the mouse mode, a bit too much movement when I pick it up. I'll try plugging it into a computer to have a look at the cool light up Decepticons insignia, but don't think I'll be using it as my mouse.

I was for this mouse when it was announced in Overkill colors. I have no interest in it as Trypticon or Grimlock.