2 4.35%
  • Only if (something else)

2 4.35%
  • No

0 0%
  • Where did she leave Daniel?

3 6.52%
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Toy review - Generations Arcee (Deluxe)

Default Toy review - Generations Arcee (Deluxe)

Name – Arcee
    Series - Generations
    Size/class - Deluxe
    New/remould/redeco - New
    Wave - 5
    Released here – Not yet
    Approximate Retail Price - $17.00US
    Approximate Size – 13cm
    Allegiance - Autobot
    Alt-mode – Cybertronian Cruiser
    Main Features/Gimmicks – G1 Arcee, Fembot
    Main Colours – Pink, White, Black
    Main Accessories – Dual blades and two guns

DISCLAIMER
    I know these are cruddy phone pics, but if you thought I was going to buy a decent DSLR just to do toy reviews, then you probably didn't understand the situation.

Robot Mode
    A good representation of G1 Arcee, although she is carrying most of her alt mode on her back. Her articulation is impressive with a large range of motion in her arms and legs, aprovimately 70° at her elbows and knees. There is no waist movement or wrist rotation. Attachment points on her thighs, forearms and backpack for her weapons. Light-piping for her eyes.

She feels a bit frail but I didn't notice any fragile areas. There is a double joint on her hips that is a bit loose.

Cybertronian Cruiser Mode
    It looks like G1 Arcee's cruiser mode. Her weapons can attach to any socket. It doesn't roll particually well tho.

Transformation
    Reasonably straight forward, but there were a few tricky areas like folding her arms down and getting the rear of the cruiser to line up. Transforming from cruiser to robot was much easier.

Overall
    This is the G1 Arcee we have been missing for 30 years.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    Overall
    This is the G1 Arcee we have been missing for 30 years.
    If you were only allowed one reason to get Arcee, I'm pretty sure this would be it.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

... then you probably didn't understand the situation.
    Well played

Hang on a sec... I'm seeing the exact same review over on TFW

Really considering making this my first online purchase in a while. I doubt we'll ever see her locally just like we never got Animated Arcee.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Damn, I'm so jealous. Mine will probably hit mid October from BBTS, if I'm lucky.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

If anyone who was a Transformers fan in 1986 doesn't want this toy, it would be interesting to know why.

Can't wait, even with the huge pack she looks awesome
    i do NOT Play with toys...

But I DO occasionally do scale model assisted simulations in physical fight dynamics.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    If anyone who was a Transformers fan in 1986 doesn't want this toy, it would be interesting to know why.
    Because i don't find either of her modes appealing. The only reason i'll be investing in her is to complete my MiSB/MoSC Generations line -if that wasn't the case, it would be an easy pass. While this may be the Arcee figure that everyone else has waited for, it isn't mine

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Because i don't find either of her modes appealing. The only reason i'll be investing in her is to complete my MiSB/MoSC Generations line -if that wasn't the case, it would be an easy pass. While this may be the Arcee figure that everyone else has waited for, it isn't mine
    I know many of us (me definitely included) have disturbing collecting/hoarding habits/issues. When I buy a toy that sucks, at least at the time I buy it I assume it's going to be good, it just turns out to suck once I've transformed it and held it in my hands. But you're saying that you're specifically buying a toy that you neither like nor want. Is that not a bit of a worry?

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    I know many of us (me definitely included) have disturbing collecting/hoarding habits/issues. When I buy a toy that sucks, at least at the time I buy it I assume it's going to be good, it just turns out to suck once I've transformed it and held it in my hands. But you're saying that you're specifically buying a toy that you neither like nor want. Is that not a bit of a worry?

A bit of a worry? Not at all. i only have two collections which i can say are 100% complete while every other line is cherry picked.
    It's like those who purchase every piece from G1 so they can have a complete collection. You can't tell me that they all hit the 'buy it now' button with the same enthusiasm when they're buying Bugly as opposed to, say, Targetmaster Scourge... but they still do, to complete their collecting goal, regardles of how they feel about Bugly