Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Goodbye

Good luck mate. I understand what your saying in part and some of which is the reason I stay quiet mostly. BUT I do have to say that there are MANY collectors here that are nice and helpful. I think it's worth staying here for that side of it. I'll miss your posts and looking at your collection

OMG

I'm not as active on this forum nowadays due to my declining interest in TFs, but I felt I just had to reply to this thread.

GET OVER IT MATE

I've come across a couple of your posts and it always seems that you think the entire world (not just this forum) is against you.

To be honest, whining, whinging people such as yourself are the reasons why a lot of forums get a bad rep.

<I'm sure a mod will end up editing my post - but I'm not going to have a cry over it >

Seeya!

As with the majority of others, I disagree that OTCA has a bad reputation. I've been a member for over 5 years (took a break myself when the board moved in 2007) but I have had an overall positive experience and made several friends here.

Put simply, I wouldn't keep coming back if I wasn't enjoying myself and we wouldn't be celebrating the 15th anniversary if there was major discontent.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Sorry Bowspearer that your experience wasn't what you hoped.
    I can't speak for other people, but I can personally say through this website I have met a good friend and now business partner. As a result I have met other people who also are great people.

All the best in whatever you do next, and I'm sure if you decide to come back we would be happy to have you back.

Please keep the posts to well-wishes, or goodbyes... as negativity just breeds more negativity (it ain't like maths where it neutralises it).

Bowspearer has brought a lot of good useful things to this board, so at least focus on that.
    Just like any perceptions of this board by disgruntled people, it benefits no one to focus on just the negative elements without any effort or intention to help improve them.
    I had been suggesting for a long time for Bowspearer to have another go at interacting in the local fandom, so was happy when he finally asked about it last year, which put me at odds with most of the staff.... but I'm still happy that we took a shot at it, so that a new "generation" of fans here could be exposed to his diverse action figure collection (which would have to be the most comprehensive in this country).

So please focus on what he brought to this forum, that people benefited from, as we all have our assets and flaws here.

Good luck on your new endeavours Bowspearer, Everyone has differing and varying opinions. Some people like to voice them more than others but that diversity is what makes this board interesting and enjoyable even if you don't agree with the opnions stated.

It is very unfair to say that this website has a bad reputation. It simply isn't true.

I understand that there are some people frustrated with some aspects of how the board is managed and the admin staff sure know that I am one of them but to say that the board has a bad rep is unjustified.

I have my own issues and grievances but as a whole, it is all rather minor and most of it stays in the 'background' so it doesn't affect most members. This board actually has a very friendly reputation towards fans so I don't see where this "Bad reputation" comes from.

Sad to see you go, you did have some positive input here.

Didn't I post something in this thread like yesterday? Was it deleted by a mod?

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    (it ain't like maths where it neutralises it).
    Or English for that matter. ("I didn't see nothing" for example..)

Anyway, sorry to see you go. It was educational loooking at your collections of various plastic goods from my past and thanks for the help in nabbing some stuff as well.

Catcha