Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: MP-40 - Targetmaster Hot Rodimus/Hot Rod

Quote Originally Posted by MayzaPrime View Post
    I preordered it... I am a MP whore
    Haha I will too just because I'm completing the G1 MP's from MP-10 onwards. But it can stay in the box and I won't order an extra to display since I already have MP-28 out. I have no nostalgia for a Targetmaster Hot Rod. Guess this makes me a variant collector now too!

Careful mate, its a slippery slope
    Spiderken Away!

The more I see it the more I appreciate and like those colours.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

bowspearer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Wiggum View Post
    Since when has Transformers ever not been Malibu Stacey with a new hat. Forgetting about the fact that any Targetmaster MP of the 86 Cars and Jets was always going to be that way, Transformers has always been that way.

After all, let's just look at the 1984/85/86 toyline in terms of retools, reapints and re-accessorising.

Autobot Cars:
    Sunstreaker - Countach LP500S
    Ironhide - Nissan Onebox Cherry Vanette
    Ratchet - Nissan Onebox Cherry Vanette in an ambulance deco and with a new siren.
    Trailbreaker - 4WD Hilux.
    Bluestreak - Fairlady Z.
    Hoist - Hilux in a green and orange colour scheme and with a new winch.
    Inferno - Fuso fire engine.
    Smokescreen - Fairlady Z in a racing car deco and with a new spoiler and bumper bar.
    Prowl - Fairlady Z in a police car colour scheme and with a new siren.
    Sideswipe - Countach LP500S in a new colour scheme and with a new boot and spoiler.
    Optimus Prime - Freightliner COE
    Red Alert - Countach LP500S in a fire dept colour scheme with the newer rear section and with a new spoiler.
    Grapple - Fuso truck in construction colour sheme and with a new crane.
    Ultra Magnus - Freightliner COE in a new colour scheme and with a new trailer.

The seekers are more of the same and the G2 combiners are such low hanging fruit in this regard that I'm not even going to bother mentioning them, yet still not as bad as the Euro G1 Constructicons or G2 Dinobots.

Then there's G2 Sideswipe, Jazz and Inferno, who are all literally "with a new hat" releases with minor colour scheme changes.

That ignores things like the Pretender Monsters vs Dino King which colour scheme aside, are literally releases "with a new coat".

And so the list goes on.....

Take character away for a minute and why is this "with a new hat" situation any worse than previous ones?

After all, the only thing a Masterpiece of a G1 "with a new hat" toy is guilty of is being a faithful rendition of the original.

You are right...

...but it's still a new hat

Now that it is released, it looks to just be a straight (minor) redeco of the recent MP-28 Masterpiece Hot Rod toy, with the Targetmaster partner of the first Hasbro Masterpiece Hot Rod toy (Offshoot).
    And since MP-28 Hot Rod had the engine mount sculpted, ready for the Targetmaster gun version, there is no remoulding on this toy.
    In-hand photos can be seen here.

FatalityPitt Guest

I seldom buy Masterpieces, but I may actually get this. I've been eyeing the newer Hot Rod MP for a while, and I prefer a Hot Rod/Rodimus with some purple (or maroon) on it. Makes me feel glad to have waited before buying the MP Hot Rod already out (NOT that there was anything wrong with that.. I just like this one better).

If this is one of those MP repaints that goes on clearance 6 months after release for a huge savings then I might get him just to have a cartoon accurate Firebolt.

bowspearer Guest

Hit my HLJ private warehouse today. Now to decide when I want to ship it with my MP-36.

This may seem like a stupid question to you guys buts it's been a very long time since I've purchased any transformers from the net. Which sites or stores would be best suited to buy one of these without being worried about purchasing a knock off etc.