Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New second-tier toyline for 2018 - Transformers Authentics

Default New second-tier toyline for 2018 - Transformers Authentics

A lot of new styled character art has been showing up recently, on licensed items, the Carnival Cruise announcement, and leaked packaging artwork... and now we have a sneak peak at one of the toys (Grimlock) from the back of one of the backing cards... looking like a follow up to the recent Cyber Series (Battalions and Commanders), so might not show up here at all.

In the leaked Power of the Primes slides, there was a set of four toys on their own (Optimus, Starscream, Megatron, Bumblebee), but Grimlock wasn't one of them... so if this Grimlock is part of that, it must be a later wave.

After years of Pat Lee art on officially licensed items, promotional materials and toy packaging, followed by Generations art in the last few years, this looks like it could be the official style of character art for the next few years.

It's also on that childrens play book coming out. I don't mind it at all.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Photos of the Optimus and Bumblebee toys have leaked - robot mode and vehicle mode.

FatalityPitt Guest

Here's another link: https://www.seibertron.com/transform...evealed/39636/

Admittedly, I'm a bit more excited about this than I am for PotP (which is still a very VERY cool line). I guess I'm looking forward to something 'cheap and basic' after going nuts on TR. Also, these 'generic' G1 Transformer lines tend to be smaller and focus more on famous characters, so there's less figures to buy.

Looking at these, I'd be keen to get the Optimus Prime when I see it, but might only get the Bumblebee if cheap (or if I have extra money burning a hole in my pocket). Looking at the Bumblebee, I imagine it transforms like the Legion Blurr figure from RiD. The characters I'm most looking forward to are the Megatron and Starcream (as always! ). I hope we see Soundwave in a later wave.

Official images of Starscream and Megatron have now been leaked.

FatalityPitt Guest

As expected, the Megatron and Starscream aren't perfect, but they're just what I've been waiting for - cheap basic versions of the main G1 villains. I hope these are cheap (like less than $10... or maybe $15 given their size). Otherwise, in my mind; it'll contradict the appeal of them. I'd might as well look for slightly more expensive but 'good' versions of these characters.

Upon further inspection of the Optimus Prime, I noticed he has no elbow articulation.. Man I hope these are cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by FatalityPitt View Post
    Upon further inspection of the Optimus Prime, I noticed he has no elbow articulation.. Man I hope these are cheap.
    If they're Legends/Legions, then they'd be around $7 each. They don't personally interest me though, but I think they look fine for that price point.

FatalityPitt Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    If they're Legends/Legions, then they'd be around $7 each. They don't personally interest me though, but I think they look fine for that price point.
    Apparently they're 4.5 inches, which is half-way between a Deluxe and a Legends (TR Kickback, Brawn, etc). I think $10 would be reasonable given the size. But now that I think of it, if they end up being $15 or more; I think I'd just get my favorite out of the assortment and call it a day.

I liked the idea of this line, and I thought the figures would be decent; but the lack of elbows on the Optimus Prime plus the fake vehicle-mode kibble on the torso (among other things) is kind of disappointing.

I think prime and bee are legion classed, where as starscream and megatron look like they're legend class.

Although in the photo of the predaking mock up from a few months ago they had a megatron just like the evergreen megatron and it looked like a voyager class toy.

The name has been found for these new toys - Transformers Authentics... which could mean that these toy versions of iconic characters are meant to represent their most recognisable forms (in one or both modes)... without being an exact replica or homage to a specific previous version.