Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: My Little Pony

The 100th episode was on TV this morning - damn it was funny! It was really surreal, used basically none of the main cast and some of the humour was worthy of the better days of the Simpsons

Well worth a watch - it's description is HERE

Who has seen the movie? They even sneaked in the transformation sound

Quote Originally Posted by drahsrebu View Post
    Who has seen the movie? They even sneaked in the transformation sound
    Finally got to see it, it needed a lot less Pinkie Pie and a lot more Rarity (not that I have a crush on Rarity or anything ).

I found this in a pop culture store the other day. It had already been reduced by half and then that was reduced by half so I got a $38 figure for $9.50

I haven't decided yet to give it to my daughter or to keep it. On the one hand she would like it. But on the other she already has dozens of ponies and no real attachment to this character, whereas because he was played by Weird Al and comes with a rubber chicken cannon I think it's awesome!

For MLP fans, they have advent calanders and stockings of them in Big W.

Only thing is the stocking has the exact same picture of Twilight Sparkle and Pinkie Pie that last years did, so my daughter might get a Disney Princesses one instead.

Despite the fact that they are half way through Season 9 in the US, Season 8 just started showing last weekend here in Aus. The first episode of the season was on early Sunday arvo on Go!

Errr.... I just realised I'm the only person who has posted in this thread over the past 18 months. Guess I'm the only Brony on Ozformers

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Errr.... I just realised I'm the only person who has posted in this thread over the past 18 months. Guess I'm the only Brony on Ozformers

Guessing I'm still probably talking to myself but in case anyone else checks this thread there are going to be a few different MLP toys on sale at the Big W toy sale next week. The interactive Twilight Sparkle just looks creepy - like a Frankenstiens Monster as if she's been stitched together from parts of other Twilight Sparkles!

I reckon I'm gonna start swearing and making hateful comments in here soon just to see if anyone else ever see's them and complains

Please note: This is also posted in the news section of Ozformers but I thought it worth posting in this thread too

YES

YES!

YES YES YES!

FRICK-IN YES!!!!

It's finally happening! In what is undoubtedly the best news for the My Little Pony franchise since somebody said 'hey, lets make a purple-haired white pony named Rarity who is sexy as hell!', Transformers and My Little Pony are finally getting their own comic crossover!

SAN DIEGO, CA (February 6, 2020) – When the Mane Six gallop alongside Autobots in battle, the forces of villainy stand no chance! IDW Publishing (OTCQX: IDWM), under license by Hasbro, Inc. (NASDAQ: HAS), welcomes comic fans of all ages to enjoy the wildest crossover of Hasbro creations ever: MY LITTLE PONY / TRANSFORMERS, a four-issue miniseries shipping weekly in May!

In MY LITTLE PONY / TRANSFORMERS, the scheming Queen Chrysalis casts a spell in search of changeling allies, but accidentally interferes with a distant Cybertronian Spacebridge… and brings the Autobots and Decepticons to Equestria! As the dust settles, it’s up to Twilight Sparkle, Optimus Prime, and others to overcome the menace of malevolent magic and machinery!

MY LITTLE PONY / TRANSFORMERS assembles an all-star team of comic creators for this mind-blowing series: writers James Asmus, Ian Flynn, and Sam Maggs, and artists Casey W. Coller, Jack Lawrence, Sara Pitre-Durocher, Priscilla Tramontano, and Tony Fleecs (who also provides cover artwork for the entirety of the series).

“The writing I've gotten to do individually for MY LITTLE PONY and TRANSFORMERS have already proven to be some of the most fun I've had in my career, so it's pure joy to play them off each other,” says Asmus. “We're making a wild mash-up unlike anything else in your comic collection. You basically owe it to yourself and your future happiness to get a copy!”

“It's been a delightful challenge finding common threads between the ponies and bots. It’s certainly a fun and unique opportunity,” says Flynn. “I hope fans of both franchises can come together and enjoy this.”

“MY LITTLE PONY and TRANSFORMERS are two of my all-time favorite universes. Having written for them both previously, the idea of bringing the citizens of Equestria and Cybertron together is incredibly exciting,” says Maggs.

“Teaming TRANSFORMERS and MY LITTLE PONY has been a dream we’ve had for a long time,” says IDW Editor-In-Chief John Barber. “We’re all really excited to see this mashup of characters by a mashup of creators who are honoring the legacy of both universes... and doing it in the most bonkers, fun way imaginable!”
    Links HERE and HERE.

Now if you will excuse me, I'm going to go have my Rarity toy square off against my Slipstream

Excerpt from Blog: What a wonderful time to be a toy collector eh? Figures we only used to dream of in our geekiest fantasies are being trotted out right left and center! A lot of that can be put down to people who loved things in their youth during the 80’s now being (supposedly) grown-ups with disposable income on their hands.

Well My Little Pony is happy to jump on that cash-in bandwagon with a new line of Crossover collectible figures. These range from Dungeons and Dragons to even Power Rangers. But today we are going to look at by far the two best of the crossover figures, because they cross over with two of the best franchises in history – Ghostbusters and Transformers.

READ/VIEW Pictoral Review - My Little Prime & Plasmane HERE

When I turned on the TV this morning (after a sleep in), I noticed that channel 9go had an 8 hour marathon of My Little Pony, with about 12 episodes and a movie at the end.
    It seemed a bit weird, having a massive block on like that, unless today was some sort of anniversary... but even still, channel 9 isn't the sort of network that cares about things like that for kids cartoons. The ABC or SBS is where you'd normally find a big random block of the one tv show like that.
    (even though I have just about every Hasbro cartoon on DVD or recorded, I'd still love to see a big marathon block of TFs episodes on TV)