Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Animated Leader Ultra Magnus Review

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

excellent review Kurdt! and nice pics!

Ultra Magnus is trully one of the best looking toys in the Animated line and its also better looking than many toys of the previous lines.

He seems to have a good balance between 'traditional' and stylized design aesthetics without the Stylized part overwhelming it like other toys in the line.

It would have been awesome if this sort of balance had been implemented in the whole Animated line.
    Last edited by kup; 25th August 2008 at 10:18 AM.

Another excellent review! I really like my UM too.

i love reading this and hope to get Ultra Magnus soon too!
    great stuff...

Great review. The toy sounds great. I think my ordering of this toy is going to happen sooner now.

Excellent review, and he sounds like an excellent figure to boot.

I hope you dont start doing these reviews on figures I'm sitting on the fence over, or you'll convince me to buy them!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Great review! Can't wait to get my hands on this figure!

Another enjoyable and informative read kurdt, the quality and detail of your reviews is always excellent. Keep them rolling.

wait... so how (un)articulated are we talking about here? How many points of articulation does the robot mode have??

This better not be a Leader Class priced brickformer... that would tick me off something chronic. Leader Class figures ought to be better than Transformers in lower price points. We're paying more for them so we bloody well deserve to get more for our buck. Saying that this toy is less articulated than a Deluxe has me worried now. :/ And brickformers are inexcusable with any TF created after G2.

I think i should have chose my words better. He has quite a range of movement (more than Leader Megatron) but a few things hinder him - the shoulder guards often conflict with the back cannons, and his legs need to be one notch out before they can rotate at the knee. His thick, flat feet aren't that great at balancing on diagonals, and his simple (1 position) "toes" dont help much at all.

Posing with the hammer, especially when extended is limited by the size of the hammer coupled with his shoulder guards.

I don't really know how to count articulation points properly, so i've just done a video showing it all - minus the 180 degree rotation with no tilt head articulation (which i forgot to mention in my review as well!) Here's the video of articulation (AVI 3.3MB).

I think i was quick to judge UM because of this Super HCM Pro Gundam figure i have, that has set my standards too high for poseability!