Thread: Kraft Cheese and ToysRUs discount coupon promotion

Default Kraft Cheese and ToysRUs discount coupon promotion

I only just found out about this yesterday, but apparently it has already been running for six weeks.

From April 1st, some Kraft "cheese" Slices have promotional stickers on them, which are a discount coupons for ToysRUs, giving you $5 off your purchase, with some conditions and exclusions (see below).

The coupons are referred to as "Gift Cards", and are valid until July 24th, so there is still a little over two months left to find these and redeem them.
    (they can only be used in-store, and on actual toy items... not pre-orders or actual gift-cards)
    And you must be over 18 to use them, so bring a parent if you are a minor, just in case the store refuses to accept the Coupon from you.

The stickers look like this on the Kraft Singles products....

The top of the sticker peels off, and that is the part you take to the store to get $5 off you toy purchase.
    (unfortunately, these are easy to peel off, so please don't go to the stores and steal the labels off the Kraft products... if you like the products, buy them, so that it encourages ToysRUs and other businesses to do more of these sorts of promotions)

Conditions can be found here, along with the following FAQs....

Where can I find a promotional Pack?
    Promotional packs are available in Woolworths and IGA, Ritchies, Foodland stores during the promotional period.

When is the promotional period?
    The promotional period is 1st April - 24th June 2018.

How do I claim my $5 Gift Voucher at Toys R Us?
    All you need to do is take the on pack sticker into a Toys R Us or Babies R Us store in Australia. Select the products you wish to purchase, head to the checkout and hand over the promotional sticker to the cashier. The cashier will take $5 off the total bill.

I have more than one $5 Gift Voucher, can I use them all in the same transaction?
    Unfortunately not, no change can be given. You may use 1 x $5 gift voucher, per person, per purchase.

What if my bill is only $5?
    Then you will surrender the on pack sticker to the cashier at the point of purchase which will cover the cost of your products.

If my product is less than $5 will I receive change if I pay using my on pack sticker?
    Unfortunately not, no change can be given. You may use the on pack sticker to pay, but it will be surrendered and not available for use again.

Can I use my $5 Gift Voucher online?
    No, the offer is available for redemption instore only.

Can I use my $5 Gift Voucher to purchase Gift Cards or on Pre-Orders?
    No the $5 Gift Voucher cannot be used towards the purchase of Gift cards or on Pre-Orders.

What is the last date I can use my $5 Gift Card in a Toys R Us Store?
    The last date a gift card can be used is the 31st July 2018.

Note that they say July 31st on the FAQ page, but the Conditions page and the coupons say July 24th, so make sure you use them before the 24th, as the FAQ date is likely to be wrong.
    The June 24th date they mention, is when the date they expect the promotional (stickered) products to no longer be available... but could be sold out before then.
    There are almost a million of these stickers out there, at almost $5 Million of discount value for ToysRUs customers to use, so they should be on products for a little while, I would hope.

Note that there is no minimum purchase when redeeming the $5 Coupon/Gift Card, so you could actually get something for free if it is $5 or less. (you don't get the difference if your item is less than $5)
    And there is no limit per day if you have more than one Coupon, but you do need to use one per transaction... so if you want to buy multiple items with these, just keep going back into the store and go through the registers with each Coupon.

can i buy a shit load of cheese
    use the coupons
    return the cheese

Quote Originally Posted by ReximusPrimal View Post
    can i buy a shit load of cheese
    use the coupons
    return the cheese
    The coupons are part of the product... if you return the product for a refund without part of what was bought, it would be like taking the coupons off the products while in the store.

These aren't very well thought out coupons by Kraft, as they are on the outside of the package and VERY easy to remove, making them easy to steal from the products while in the store.
    I can imagine that there would be a lot of these where just the backing sticker is left behind, and all of the top stickers (the actual coupon) is gone. I would just hope that no one here goes and does that, as it isn't fair to others who are looking to buy these promotional items to earn the coupon.

This is pretty cool. But it’s kind of lame that you can only redeem 1 at a time. Most Toys R Us products are so overpriced that $5 off night at best get them down to around Kmart or Big W’s level.
    I can understand why they wouldn’t want to have the coupons stack. But it’s kind of annoying.

If you liked the “cheese” you could get “free” LEGO minifigs...
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

I finally got to the TRU store today, and spoke to the manager who confirmed that these are being treated as Gift Cards (as per the Kraft T&Cs), and as such, you now need to spend at least $5 to get the free $5 from the sticker.
    That's really sucky timing, and even though it wouldn't affect most people looking to knock off $5 from a purchase, it now means that these can't be used on anything that's under $10.... including Lego Minifigures, which would have been free before they went into administration.
    And the annoying thing is that with most prices in TRU ending in 99 cents, it means that it is almost impossible to get something at half price by finding something exactly $10. (like, you can't even get two Minifigures to make them half price, because it wouldn't be over $10, so you'd need to get three of them to use the $5 coupon.... now spending $9.97 with the coupon, instead of spending nothing before Administration kicked in)

On the plus side, TRU probably won't have any more discount sales before the final clearance of stock (if they end up winding up the business), so $5 off each toy until July could still at least be something (on the cheaper ones).
    The down side is that TRU probably won't be getting any new stock in while under administration... so if there isn't anything in stock at the moment for you to use these with, I'm fearing that we won't see anything new there before July to use them on.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I finally got to the TRU store today, and spoke to the manager who confirmed that these are being treated as Gift Cards (as per the Kraft T&Cs), and as such, you now need to spend at least $5 to get the free $5 from the sticker.
    That's really sucky timing, and even though it wouldn't affect most people looking to knock off $5 from a purchase, it now means that these can't be used on anything that's under $10.... including Lego Minifigures, which would have been free before they went into administration.
    And the annoying thing is that with most prices in TRU ending in 99 cents, it means that it is almost impossible to get something at half price by finding something exactly $10. (like, you can't even get two Minifigures to make them half price, because it wouldn't be over $10, so you'd need to get three of them to use the $5 coupon.... now spending $9.97 with the coupon, instead of spending nothing before Administration kicked in)

On the plus side, TRU probably won't have any more discount sales before the final clearance of stock (if they end up winding up the business), so $5 off each toy until July could still at least be something (on the cheaper ones).
    The down side is that TRU probably won't be getting any new stock in while under administration... so if there isn't anything in stock at the moment for you to use these with, I'm fearing that we won't see anything new there before July to use them on.
    So basically if I were to say, want to use one of these coupons to make the price of a prime master easier t swallow. I can’t. Because they cost 9.99 and thus after subtracting the $5 from the coupon I’d only be paying 4.99, 1 cent off the mandatory $5? That’s petty dumb. But most toys r us stores tend to have lollies and other cheap stuff near the counter. So I could grab like a chuppa chupp or something for less than a dollar alongside the prime master and then the coupon could be used?

that would work.
    it would also knock $5 off the price of a legend... making it fairly palatable.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

It kinda sucks for anything $9.99 and under, as you'd need to get something else with it to make up the minimum purchase amount for these $5 coupons.... and with their prices of things over $30 being $5 or more above stores like Kmart, BigW and sometimes Target, it ends up leaving you with a narrow window of products to make the most use of these.

Probably the best things for these will be the Legends class ($20), and to a lesser extend Deluxes ($30)... but as Firestorm suggested, getting a Prime Master and the cheapest thing you can find (like a lollipop) will still mean a close-to-halfprice Prime Master.