Page 109 of 154 FirstFirst ... 8999104105106107108109110111112113114119129 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1535

Thread: Movie Critics Thread

Got around to watching Logan.

Hugh plays a great Old Fart Logan and one could argue that just like Robert Downey Jr is Tony Stark & Arnold the T800, Jackman is the Wolverine.
    Patrick Stewart could read the individual chemical compounds off a bottle of weed killer & I'd still be hooked.

Story was nonsensical bordering on the absurd, with certain plot devices and character deaths leaving your head scratching wondering why?

If you like your Jackman running through life hacking and slashing, covered in blood, then this is your run-fight-run-fight popcorn flick.

6/10.

Saw Wonder Woman.

Loved Wonder Woman.

Highly recommend Wonder Woman.

My only negative/criticism is that gravity seems to be turned off/ the fight scenes are too obviously cgi in most parts, it can be distracting but it is also consistent with what DC have made before.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Saw Wonder Woman.

Loved Wonder Woman.

Highly recommend Wonder Woman.

My only negative/criticism is that gravity seems to be turned off/ the fight scenes are too obviously cgi in most parts, it can be distracting but it is also consistent with what DC have made before.
    Agree on all counts
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Got around to watching Logan.

Hugh plays a great Old Fart Logan and one could argue that just like Robert Downey Jr is Tony Stark & Arnold the T800, Jackman is the Wolverine.
    Patrick Stewart could read the individual chemical compounds off a bottle of weed killer & I'd still be hooked.

Story was nonsensical bordering on the absurd, with certain plot devices and character deaths leaving your head scratching wondering why?

If you like your Jackman running through life hacking and slashing, covered in blood, then this is your run-fight-run-fight popcorn flick.

6/10.
    Only 6/10 !!!!
    You are dead to me
    Dapto Dog for 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Starscream77 View Post
    Only 6/10 !!!!
    You are dead to me
    6 was being generous.

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    I don't mind this as the Amazonians are mythological super-beings (oh, sorry... "Meta Humans") anyway. And it's consistent with the way that we saw Diana doing gravity defying leaps in BvS - she appears to have limited flight abilities. Somewhat similar to how Superman flew in the early comics -- more like super-jumping rather than sustained wingless flight ("Leap tall buildings in a single bound"). I'm not a DC reader, but my understanding is that Diana in the more recent/current comics has gained the ability of flight in lieu of her invisible jet.

Although the invisible jet does make a background appearance in the film.

I meant more that the CGI has no weight behind their actions, it was too obviously cgi that it was jarring to the senses more than the actual abilities Gok.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Fair point. I wonder if they used stunt actors with motion tracking suits or not. Although on a wired rig you can still end up with unrealistic weightlessness (e.g. Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, The Matrix etc.). I guess the animators should had special reference shots made to show them how these movements should look like IRL, and/or observed things like gymnasts etc.

If anyone is intending to watch The Mummy then the only thing noteworthy is Russell Crowe's performance as Jekyll and Hyde. This movie opens itself up to a sequel but I just don't see that being made.

Wonder Woman
    Very good, had good emotional moments, levity and knew when to get serious. Like a better version of Cap 1
    8/10

Ghostbusters: Answer the Call
    Really not good, it's just a (bad) Adam Sandler movie with a Ghostbusters dressing. Hemsworth and Jones are the only bright sparks but even then it's just not funny or interesting.
    5/10