Page 17 of 154 FirstFirst ... 712131415161718192021222737 ... LastLast

Thread: Lego Acquisitions

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    No, not the dark side, the light side!

In my view the large sets are almost always worth getting compared with the smaller sets. For example, Agents Mission 6 cost around 100 dollars due to the Target sale. But if you got two Agents sets that added up to 100 dollars or so in value, they are not as weighty as the single Mission 6 set. It seems this is the case with Mars Mission sets too, except some large Mars Mission sets also feel a bit "empty".
    Some times the Lego boxes are like guys with big cars: they are compensating for something small
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

I've been busy with Lego lately:

All of the sets from eBay for way less than retail price so I'm pretty stoked! Only a few more to go!

I have to admit though that the thing w/ Lego I find is that it really amasses if u do not open them up and start buiilding. Those air-filled boxes take up massive amounts of space. I probably should stop buying and find time to build a more otherwise I'll be sleeping under boxes of Legos at this rate!
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Nice haul STL. The little white mech with Gate Assault is one of my favorites. It was the first to have the hands with fingers out of all the exo's. the little "fly" mech with set 8117 is amazing as well.

You should get building!!! I can't possibly leave sets in boxes if its within my vicinity. If you still can't find the time to make them. Just get the bags out of the box and bag them separately and store/throw the boxes away. Have fun though. Exo-force were fun to build. That Orange Tank is fantastic.

My recent acquisitions (thanks to the sales):

- Creator, Ferry, Steggo, White Convertible
    - Agents Mission 1-7 (will get mission 8 at TRU this Thursday, was hinted at a possible sale so I shall wait)
    - Mars Mission: Hypersonic Craft, Ultra Drill and Crystal Reaper (already pictured previously)

Will post pics of the Agents once I get my hands on Mission 8.

Thanks to Target's sales (and my additional staff discount), I've been on a Lego binge:

Mars Mission Hypersonic Operations Craft and Crystal Reaper

Lego Agents Missions 1 to 7

Was tempted to pick up the Volcano Base from TRU but thought that I'd spent enough already (I have some classic space sets on the way as well) so mebbe next week.
    If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you

My sales thread: Linky

I'm not jealous, Fungal! I'm just really jealous.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Nice pics Fungal. Isn't it nice to see how big the Agent's vehicles ended up? It was certainly a nice surprise.

I was tipped by a friend that there will be some Lego discounts this Thursday. So hold tight as I have a good feeling Mission 8 will be part of it. Only reason I held back was it wasn't a particularly exciting set besides the two exclusive minifigs to this set. The actual volcano base is a little bit bare. I just couldn't justify the $90 asking price.
    Last edited by Stompy; 15th September 2008 at 11:12 PM.

My local TRU has the Volcano Base at $99 so if its on special this week, I'm so there. Just have to wait until my local Myers gets the Ultra Drill Walker and then I'm done with Mars Mission. Then with the Volcano Base I'm done with Agents - what will I move onto next???!! Oh well, there's always classic space sets I need to track down.....
    If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you

My sales thread: Linky

What about the latest Castle sets? The Orc horde make for some mean looking machinery:

How about the latest Creator sets. The white convertible in particular is excellent. With a wokring coverting roof that folds into the boot at the flick of a switch:

How about some green:

Oh dear, I suddenly have this feeling of liking those Orc Horde sets, DAAAARRN! Those things look wonderfully nasty! Are those three the only released set for them so far? Hmmm Now how am I suppose to fit them in with the Lego town theme?.... space need more space

Anyways been busy setting up the town to the other room (Lego room). Just a few shots.. too many mini sets incorporated within... so just have shots of the bigger ones, with the littluns spread here and there, still missing a lot, need to get more roadplates as well

Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Wonderful City Lego sets liege!!! I love those little cabins (red house with yellow roofs) and the cafe/food stalls scene! Very nice! Can I suggest you add Creator set 4996 Beach House to your city? It's mini-fig scale except for the chairs outside but its a wonderful house you can add to your city. There's a few other Creator houses you can add as well such as 4954 Model Townhouse.

The Orc horde, theres those three and also the Dwarven mine and Orc Ship. That Battle Wheel is exclusive to TRU so that's the only place you can get that.