View Poll Results: Which G1/Beast Wars characters would you like to see in the Masterpeice line?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Arcee

6 14.29%
  • Jazz

23 54.76%
  • Trailbreaker

11 26.19%
  • Perceptor

8 19.05%
  • Blaster (and the cassettebots)

18 42.86%
  • G1 Minibots (specify which in the comments)

10 23.81%
  • Galvatron

15 35.71%
  • Cyclonus

12 28.57%
  • Rhinox

2 4.76%
  • Rattrap

2 4.76%
  • Airazor

3 7.14%
  • Waspinator

4 9.52%
  • Blackarachnia

6 14.29%
  • Tarantulas

3 7.14%
  • Other (specify in the comments)

12 28.57%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Which characters would you like to see made as Masterpiece figures? - As at 2019

FatalityPitt Guest

Default Which characters would you like to see made as Masterpiece figures? - As at 2019

Hey all, this is question had been asked two years ago (is it that long already??); and two of the options in the original poll, Sunstreaker and Hound, have been released or confirmed by Takara. It feels like the previous poll is now redundant, so I figured I'd create a "volume 2" to get a refreshed view of what Masterpiece figures are now on people's wish lists.

Like the previous poll, options listed are classic characters that haven't been done in the Masterpiece line yet, but unlike the previous poll; G1 AND Beast Era characters are now included because there's still heaps of cool characters from those continuities yet to get the Masterpiece treatment

Of course we don't need to restrict ourselves to just G1/Beast era. If any character from any continuity springs to mind that you'd like to see get a Masterpiece toy, tell us about your dream MP collectable in the comments!

Another thing - This discussion is just among us fans, and the point is to have fun, so feel free to share your Masterpiece fantasies no matter how left-field they might sound

FatalityPitt Guest

I voted for Jazz, Blaster, Galvatron, Waspinator and Blackarachnia.

Jazz - Iconic Autobot who's well overdue for the Masterpiece Treatment.
    Blaster - Love the character, and with the Cassettes there'd be a lot of play value and potential for some cool cassette characters to be made like Rewind and Ramhorn.
    Galvatron - A hero is only as good as his arch-villain, and Rodimus/Hot Rod needs a Galvatron.
    The two Beast Wars characters - I just like them and if they were released and I had the money, I'd buy them.

EDIT: Another character I'd like to see that's not on the poll is Blitzwing. I'd love to see how they pull off a Triple-changer can turn into a mostly beige tank, a mostly purple jet, and a robot that's still well-proportioned and articulated.
    Last edited by FatalityPitt; 20th January 2019 at 06:54 PM.

Jazz, Hoist, Trailbreaker, Mirage, Skids, Hounds.

Beachcomber (yeah I know, it'll never happen).

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

I clicked "Other" cos mine's a combo request (didn't bother to see if I could do multiple votes, soz). I basically want to see them finish out the First Year of toys, so...

* Charger (Windcharger)
    * Cliff (Cliffjumper)
    * Drag (Huffer)
    * Gears
    * Gong (Brawn)
    * Ligier (Mirage)
    * Meister (Jazz)
    * Trailbreaker

FatalityPitt Guest

People can choose multiple options on this poll.

I came here to vote for Jazz lol.

I also voted for Blaster, which seems a bit more likely. Hoping his bot mode is around the same height as the Autobot cars though and not stupidly tall like Soundwave.

As for fantastical MPs that will never happen: I want a RID2015 Jazz. I love his chunky design in the cartoon, which the deluxe - great as it is - didn’t quite capture. I think it would be really cool if he got the masterpiece treatment and did those gigantic shoulder pads justice.
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

Some of the Unicron Trilogy figures like Hot Shot, Megatron, Starscream and Optimus Prime.
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
    The Characters I'd like to see made would likely never (ever, ever) get made.

Beachcomber
    Cosmos
    Warpath
    Brainstorm
    Darkwing
    Dreadwind

I always thought Blaster would be a chance... yet nothing.
    but yeah, top of the list is Beachcomber.

I did also vote for Galvatron and Cyclonus, because it seems weird that we got Rodimus and Magnus but not these two. I would have bet all sorts of money that we were getting a Galvatron in 2010... but Takara didn't see the relevance there I guess.

Blaster, Cyclonus, Scourge, Insecticons, and Predaking/Predacons for me. Also more tapes for Soundwave, and a full set of tapes for Blaster, including those combining ones.

I'd be up for a Rhinox and Scorponok from Beast Wars, as well as Megatron's 2 remaining forms.

Quote Originally Posted by tinyJazz View Post
    As for fantastical MPs that will never happen: I want a RID2015 Jazz.
    Hhmmm... I guess you'll need to wait 15~20 years or so when the RID kids have become adults with disposable incomes for HasTak to exploit.

We're now seeing the Unicron Trilogy kids enter adulthood, though many are still tertiary students. But even then we've seen glimpses of stuff for them like CW Armada Megatron and the rumoured CHUG Cybertron OP. The first BW MP came out on the 20th anniversary of BW, and heck, even the first G1 MP came out to commemorate the 20th anniversary of G1. So yeah, I'd say around 2035 would be more likely to see RID MPs.