Thread: Final FunPub Club sale - everything must go

Im in. Pm me your paypal details
    www.mariokart64.com
    --------------------------------------------------------
    "Sometimes, the wrong thing feels so right"
    --------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Borgeman View Post
    Im in. Pm me your paypal details
    I will, but hold off - I'll email her, get her to add it to my order, and have her give me an exact cost. When it hits my credit card I can give you an exact AUD number.

I couldn't figure out postage difference on my own because some of the stuff I bought is now out of stock, so I can't create a new "fake" shopping cart to look at the different shipping scenarios.

Just FYI, I got an email back from the club and they are only allowing former members from 2012 onwards to purchase and my membership was in 2010 so I wont be able to make any orders

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHyren View Post
    Just FYI, I got an email back from the club and they are only allowing former members from 2012 onwards to purchase and my membership was in 2010 so I wont be able to make any orders
    Bugger.

Where are you - I'd be happy to proxy if you're in/around Melbs.

Edit: I see you're in Sydney... I think that there's a Sydney-specific group buy thread going.

Quote Originally Posted by OptimusNerd View Post
    Bugger.

Edit: I see you're in Sydney... I think that there's a Sydney-specific group buy thread going.
    Certainly is one

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHyren View Post
    I'll drop you a PM. My account is still active

The sale is still going on. I notice they are putting up things at ludicrous prices, then dropping those prices the next month if noone picks them up, then even lower the month after.

I picked up the Botcon Animated Stunticon set last month. I just picked up Slicer, Leozack and Nova Prime today. Slicer had gone from $50us last month to $30us this month which I found reasonable.

Funnily, the postage came to $39.50us which, while not brilliant, is the best I've ever known from FB and was the cheapest of the 3 options. When I added a Knights set there were then only 2 options and the cheapest of them was $80us! Considering I only wanted Flare Up from the 3 Knights and the set itself was $45us, I didn't think it was worth an extra $100au just for that small toy.

Still a few decent deals on there, but take a tip and if there is something you quite like, take the risk and wait a month - you will probably get it cheaper

it's about a year now since we had the news that they were losing their transformers license. Surely they are getting sick of holding on to all that old stock. I expect it will continue to drag out and slowly get cheaper. It took them 6 months to allow you to buy the bagged convention sets without first purchasing the box set it was associated with.

I think the ludicrous prices are not so ludicrous since pretty much everything they sell is an exclusive and most of the older stuff, especially the small count items like custom class figures before 2011 are extremely rare. I don't value a lot of it myself but if they just cleared out everything for $20 it would be unfair on all those people that put the time and money into going to the conventions, part of which was to get the exclusive, otherwise unobtainable toys.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

I can understand some people getting annoyed that the things they spent top dollar on at the time are now seeing them being sold off for a pittance. But that would be like saying, "I paid top dollar to get my Classics Seekers set finished, only to,have a cheaper option released later" or even "I passed on (insert toy) and now it's astronomically expensive"

Unfortunately none of us can predict the future, and even if the once expensive sets go for a lot cheaper, not much we can do. FunPub gotta get some money back for them

True, but I think it's fine that funpub is starting high and reducing rather than just having a fire sale and clearing everything out. It avoids any real frustration that they're straight up 'devaluing' rare items.

I know we shouldn't be buying toys for their value as such but it's kind of cool to look at your collection and reflect on the rarity or ridiculous value of some of the less common items.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

I note that even though they are 'dropping' the price of everything more each week, as the number of physical items they have of a particular piece drop they stick the price back up. I note that Leozack and Nova Prime are both nearly twice what I paid for them a month ago. Slice has gone up too - not down