Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Target 20% off toys - 08/03-14/03

Guys, you can get Prime deluxes for only $17 at TRU if you get a catalogue and get them to price match - then use the $5 off voucher to get it down to $17.
    Take note though that some stores will ask you to present a receipt in order to validate the voucher although its quite random - some will ask, some won't.
    If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you

My sales thread: Linky

Updated first post with details of the sale being 20% off toys, with a few exceptions (like the introductory price for the TFPrime Deluxes).

I was just on the phone with Target to query their price increase for Voyagers (giving them the benefit of the doubt that it was an error, and not just a temporary increase to offset the 20% off sale), but their buyer department is closed today due to a public holiday in Melbourne.
    So I left my details, and if we're lucky, we might get an answer tomorrow.

Because based on last year's prices they didn't increase the Deluxe or Legion price, but are now well out in front of everyone on the Voyager price.

If I manage to get onto someone important, I might even ask why they never question the wholesale prices after all these years of improving exchange rate... or if they know but prefer the prices to stay hight for their own bigger profit margins.
    (or I won't hear back from them, and we just have to keep reminding people to avoid Target after the sale, if you have access to a cheaper source)

Fingers crossed for you Griffin, I know many of us will be looking forward to hearing if you get a response and what it may be (If any).

The Customer service lady was wonderful, but said she's newish to the retail industry, so just passed on details to me of what the Buyers told her, without understanding what I was asking. (I then spent about 10 minutes educating her on the finer points of the toy industry )

The Buyer has told her that it is a new line, so doesn't relate to previous products or pricing.
    Which is true... TFPrime IS a new line, but the size class is the same as last year (actually, this size class was introduced 16 years ago), for ease and familiarity to retailers.
    But since Target have kept the same price points for the other two size classes (Legion & Deluxe) from last year, as have other retail chains, I was wanting to find out if this was just a pricing error by whomever entered the figure into their computer systems (it happens occasionally, and most of the time gets fixed up after a while - because they aren't competing with other sources).

Problem here is that the Buyer is focussing on it being a new product range, when it is really just "this year's packaging style" for the Brand of Transformers, in size-classes that have been around for up to 16 years.

Since they won't listen to a "mere consumer" who knows more than the Buyer does when it comes to Transformers (and probably the toy industry in general), I'll let Hasbro know and see what they can do about it.
    Toy distributors are not allowed to set retail pricing, but can query a retailer who has allocated an unusual retail price to a product. (which is really for the retailers' own benefit if they aren't being competitive)

(on the other hand - maybe the Voyager class wholesale price went way up this year, and Target are the only store that passed on the price rise - it'd be interesting to hear something back about this)
    Last edited by griffin; 13th March 2012 at 12:23 PM.

if that's the case I'm dreading what the prices for Voyagers and Cyberverse commanders will be at Myer.

Well, at least she was willing to give an answer which is quite good of her I reckon.

Evidently. the level of confusion in the Australian marketplace between retailers and distributors is at concerning levels; at least with regards to the Toy industry that is but I think we all know it systematically extends far greater than that.

Slowly but surely you're chipping away at this Griffin, good on you and thanks.

I got a phonecall this morning from Target customer service saying that the second message she sent to the Buyer, has resulted in them finally understanding what I was asking, and they have admitted that it was an error. They "should be" reverting it to $50... just no idea when, or if they will wait until after the sale (which ends today).

Pity though, as it would have been $40 Voyagers during the sale... as a much better introductory price (for those who aren't able to import the $20 toys from America).

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I got a phonecall this morning from Target customer service saying that the second message she sent to the Buyer, has resulted in them finally understanding what I was asking, and they have admitted that it was an error. They "should be" reverting it to $50... just no idea when, or if they will wait until after the sale (which ends today).

Pity though, as it would have been $40 Voyagers during the sale... as a much better introductory price (for those who aren't able to import the $20 toys from America).
    That's still very good customer service on her part.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Wow griffin, you gotta be satisfied with that response. I was actually thinking it was going to lead nowhere. Impressed by Target as well.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]