Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hasbro Visionaries - Knights of the Magical Light

Default Hasbro Visionaries - Knights of the Magical Light

Apart from Transformers, I love this toyline and its very slick 13 episode cartoon series.

The spells were just so beautifully poetic.

After some lag, of about 4 years, I've completed my MISB/MOSC Visionaries collection together with another complete loose set.

MOSC Darkling Lord Cindarr was the final MOSC figure I needed and he arrived yesterday!

MISB Lancer Cycle and Sky Claw; 7 of 8 Visionaries figures MOSC (Cindarr above, was the last missing one)

MISB Vehicles - Capture Chariot, Lancer Cycle, Dagger Assault and Sky Claw
    Last edited by heroic_decepticon; 27th February 2010 at 10:56 AM. Reason: typo - MOC should be MOSC

I know a guy who collects them as well. He told me he collected them and I was shocked because I thought they were only a old cartoon series

nicely done heroic

I read the Visionaries comics in TFUK (the origin story was quite enjoyable), but did the cartoon ever get shown in Australia? Were the toys sold here?

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I read the Visionaries comics in TFUK (the origin story was quite enjoyable), but did the cartoon ever get shown in Australia? Were the toys sold here?
    I liked that back-up strip too. It's a shame the axe fell on the Visionaries comic after six US issues: halfway through a storyline! Unless other states had better TV networks and toy distribution than Canberra, we received neither the toys nor the cartoon, although the origin story (and possibly other episodes) was available on VHS at my local video library. I also found something relevant to 'us' on the Visionaries Wikipedia page:

"The animated series lasted one season of 13 episodes, and was not picked up for a second, possibly because all Sunbow cartoons came to an end after the The Transformers Season 4 three parter; The Rebirth and G.I. Joe: The Movie, when Sunbow lost its contract and could not get it renewed."

That's interesting, the idea that a possible reason that the G1 cartoon didn't continue was to do with Sunbow itself. I wonder if it's true.

Awesome collection heroic_decepticon and congrats on completing it.

I don't know anything about the series but it does look interesting.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    The back up stories in the UK comics were great. They were adapted from the Marvel ones though and like Sky Shadow said, such a pity that it ended halfway through a sotry arc. They were halfway through their hunt for Talimans or something and then it got axed.

You can still get the cartoon in DVD from Metrodome UK (strangely, this is a UK release only but easy enough to order from Amazon.com).

The Visionaries cartoon was widely regarded as having great stories and high quality animation, a notch better than cartoons around the same period, throughout its short run.

Loved this series. Oh, did I mention the spells are so catchy.

Hmmm I remember the Visonaries, they came out localy in very limited release and then were sold of cheaply cause there was no cartoon out there to push them.

I still have the four basic Darkling Lords somewhere, there just like big Gi Joes with holograms, though I far preffered them to Supernaturals who just looked wierd when you couldn't see thier holograms.

I miss Holograms, seems they went out of fashion with the rest of the 80's.

The basic premise and the comic were really nifty ideas, basicly post apocalyptic in fashion with the sudden end of technology. I only saw the cartoon when I was older, can't really say I was impressed there's not much there that puts it apart from it's other Sunbow cousins IMO. However the Marvel comic was up there with Transformers and Gi Joe, I particularly enjoyed the constant foreshadowing that maybe the Visonaries beast personas were taking over them. If only someone would re-release some of those old comics.

In any case very nice collection there.

PS. Cravex Rules!!

His and Darkstorm's are the only spells I can still recall.

Wow, I didnt know the toy were that big - noticed Cyclonus looking like a micromaster there on the side. I loved these episodes. they did show em in Phils when I was erm younger.. then they reshowed it dubbed in Filo ( which made the spells funny coz they sounded like they were reciting poetry)... aaah memories
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    Wow, I didnt know the toy were that big - noticed Cyclonus looking like a micromaster there on the side. I loved these episodes. they did show em in Phils when I was erm younger.. then they reshowed it dubbed in Filo ( which made the spells funny coz they sounded like they were reciting poetry)... aaah memories
    yeah, some of these are pretty big. It was a real challenge to get Dagger Assault (the largest boxed vehicle) MIB and complete. The thing came with gold guns as well and we all know what happens to gold plastic...