Page 12 of 55 FirstFirst ... 278910111213141516172232 ... LastLast

Thread: Comic book thread ON!

Don't read Nova or any of the space/universe set Marvel series. Not really sure I can jump in, I've got very little knowledge on it.

Anyway I thought this week was ace, next week (Marvel wise) looks like a snooze, there really isn't anything great.

i just finished dark knight returns and found it awesome.. bit of a twist in the ending which i didn't suspect

Quote Originally Posted by piratescratch View Post
    Don't read Nova or any of the space/universe set Marvel series. Not really sure I can jump in, I've got very little knowledge on it.
    I highly recommend finding Annihilation and Annhilation:Conquest. Both are great story arcs with the first setting up the Nova monthly comic and the second setting up the Guardians of the Galaxy monthly.

piratescratch on the Marvel comics for the week of October 1st.

Civil War: House of M #2 - Great follow up to the first issue for this new House of M mini series. Fair amount of action, nice story progression and solid art. Charles in the old school X-Men tights is quite a sight haha. Magneto gets pretty badass at the end with his threat. Looking forward to see how this all unfolds.

Well besides Civil War: House of M #2, there wasn't anything else for me. Slow week.

I second Nova btw. Great series. Always liked the character as part of the New Warriors but in Annihilation (one of the best crossovers ever) and then in his solo series, Nova's risen to new heights in my book. My memories of DnA were Force Works which is scary if you know what I mean but they've both smacked it out of the park with Guardians of the Galaxy and Nova.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

STL... remember to bring some trades for me to borrow and read next week :P
    ohh we've still got Paul's BW DVDs...
    Paul, you need it back soon...i'm still going through it pretty slowly
    might get my own i guess

My sister's car has been written off so I'm not even sure if I'll have a car next week for very much of it. On top of that, not likely to get out very much for this week's sale.

And on topic:
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=18289

Do any comic lovers get depressed when they see the monthly sales charts? Each and every book constantly falls with the odd one in 100 rising marginally. It makes me very depressed for the future of comics. 15K to 30K circulation figures are not exactly a great global numbers.
    Last edited by STL; 2nd October 2008 at 11:43 PM.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

TheDirtyDigger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    And on topic:
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=18289

Do any comic lovers get depressed when they see the monthly sales charts? Each and every book constantly falls with the odd one in 100 rising marginally. It makes me very depressed for the future of comics. 15K to 30K circulation figures are not exactly a great global numbers.

I think it's a good thing. There is just too much f-grade crap on the shelves.
    Less titles should mean higher quality art, script and effort.

It was another very quiet week.

I was waiting for the latest part of Batman R.I.P. but it failed to deliver. One thing i've realised about this story arc is you REALLY need to read each issue more than once to fully understand what's going on.

piratescratch on the Marvel comics for the week of October 8th.

Avengers/Invaders #5 - And we're back, something that's got lost amongst the whole Secret Invasion thing that's currently happening. Last issue we left off at where Captain America (Bucky) confronts himself from the past, what I didn't expect was Captain America (Bucky) telling himself not to do "you know what" from the Winter Soldier arc. Other then that the rest of the issue is pretty forgettable. I'm still not sure where they're heading with this title.

Deadpool #3 - And that concludes the Secret Invasion tie in. Deadpool just goes through the motions of beating the crap out of the Super Skrull, the Skrull's plans backfire on them and it's win win for Earth. There's a nice twist at the end with ...
    /SPOILER/having Norman intercept the top secret Skrull data that Deadpool was sending to Fury. Well the main Secret Invasion series is coming to an end soon so I'm sure it won't be long until we see what exactly Norman took. And I have an inkling feeling that it might have to do with what Ms. Marvel said at the end of Ms. Marvel #31./END SPOILER/

Invincible Iron Man #6 - And we wrap up the debut arc for Invincible Iron Man. This arc started off great but finished on a slump, It's the typical Iron Man end we've seen plenty of times; "Oh I killed Iron Man, no wait his suit is empty!" and the "Oh I am Tony Stark I'm micromanaging all these Iron Men suits around to world to prevent these terrorist attack". I'm a tad dissapointed, it could of been much better. However I don't think this is the end of Ezekiel, I'm sure we'll be seeing him in the future. Looks like we'll get to see Spidey in the next issue.

Marvel Zombies 3 #1 - I love Marvel Zombies. I also love Suydam's art even though he just did the variant for this issue. I was extremely stoked that I got to meet him early this year and get a signed print from him. So anyway did you wonder where our lovable Zombies got zapped to at the end of Marvel Zombies 2? Well looks like they've made it all the way to the main 616 universe. Enjoyable first issue to hopefully something as enjoyable as the previous Marvel Zombie titles, I'm looking forward to seeing our favourite flesh eaters (who don't make an appearance in the first issue). Also is it just me or does Aquarian from the Florida Initiative team look like Jesus?

Secret Invasion: Inhumans #3 - Once again another hot Medusa on the cover, I love the cover art for Secret Invasion: Inhumans. I'm still not quite sure how they are going to end this in the next issue seeing as the main cast have split up and are currently pursuing different things, I have a feeling we might get a poor rushed ending? Oh and Medusa versus Crstal cat fight, nice!

Spider-Man loves Mary Jane #3 - More of the same but that's a good thing.