Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers Competition for Australia

Congratulations guys, I'm kicking myself that I threw out my receipts before knowing about this comp literally a day or so before Griffin posted it.

I just received this email today

Thank you for entering the Transformers Universal Studios promotion.
    We are pleased to inform you that you have been selected as one of our daily
    winners and as such have won the following prize pack:
    • 1 x Transformers Robopower Robofighter figure.
    • 2 x Transformers Mectech Deluxe Figures.
    • 1 x Transformers Mechtech Voyager & 1 x Trasnformers Mechtech Leader.
    • 1 x Transformers Dark of The Moon PS3 video game.
    • 1 x Transformers book tin.
    • 1 x Transformers back pack and five TRANSFORMERS books of the Promoter's choosing.
    • 1 x Transformers Dark of the Moon DVD.

Many congratulations for being selected. To claim your prize simply reply back to this email within 48 hours confirming your mailing address, the last 6 digits of the barcode of the TRANSFORMERS Product purchased, the name of the store from which the TRANSFORMERS Product was purchased & the date of that purchase. Failure to reply back within 48 hours will forfeit you as a winning entry at which time a new winner will be chosen.

--

This requirement is slightly different from the terms and conditions in the online website, which requires the barcode digits and asks you only to keep the receipt.
    I would suggest that you also keep the barcode from any product purchased, and staple it to your receipt for later reference. You might not have time to locate another matching product in store to read the barcode information before 48 hours expires. It'd be awful to win a daily prize and then not be able to redeem it in time.

I had to do a bin dive to retrieve the bardcode and packaging, lol!
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

huh. do exceedingly few people actually enter these sorts of contests?

So that's four of us so far... a nice percentage already, in just 15 (business) days of prize drawings.
    That's over a quarter of prizes so far going to dedicated collectors on here, who have been "investing" thousands into Hasbro products for years... so it's good to see some of us getting a little something back.

I guess the general public aren't taking to the competition too actively, as this proportion (from probably 30-40 of us here entering) suggests that only a couple hundred people have entered so far. A bit disappointing for Hasbro if true (as they are footing a $50,000 competition, so would want to see a return by having an increase in sales of more than that, to make it a worthwhile investment).

If the general public don't start entering in bigger numbers, we should see a lot more of our members here winning... and maybe even one or both of the major prizes.

Now to see who's the first person here to win a second prize pack...

Quote Originally Posted by ike_ike View Post
    huh. do exceedingly few people actually enter these sorts of contests?
    Apparently that's the case, when a competition requires a purchase or sending in entries.
    You see on the news from time to time, people who are "career competition entrants" (or junkies), in that they make a living entering and winning a lot of the competitions you see on Grocery products and in Department stores, that require a purchase to enter.

I just did a google search, and these are some examples of people who make a living (or earn a lot) from entering competitions.
    Here
    Here
    ACA article on Youtube
    Here
    Here
    Tips to be a Competition Junkie
    And this site actually hosts a heap of free online competitions for Australians.

Decepticon Guest

Pffttt! I have entered this comp 6 times and I bet I won't win a thing!

I've entered lots of Transformers competitions in the last 28 years and I usually win nothing. This is only the third time I've ever won an officially sanctioned TF comp... so for me at least it's very much a rare occasion!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I've entered lots of Transformers competitions in the last 28 years and I usually win nothing. This is only the third time I've ever won an officially sanctioned TF comp... so for me at least it's very much a rare occasion!
    Same - This is only my 2nd TF competition win, and the first was in 1986.
    SofaMan - Occasionally Battling Evil with his Mighty Powers of Indolence

Yay I just got an email saying I had won!!!!!