Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 234567 ... LastLast

Thread: TRU Chaos on Velocitron set now out

Just received an email from TRU Australia, looks like they may not be stocking this set:

"hi, I was wondering whether you will be obtaining any stock of the Transformers: Generations Chaos on Velocitron 5 Pack Action Figure Set and if so when you expect to receive stock and the expected price. Thanks."

"Thank you for your inquiry.

Unfortunately it does not look like we will be stocking this item, there doesn't seem to be any information in our system to suggest that we will be stocking this."

Could be too early but I tend to think we just won't have any luck here. Time to try source from overseas before I get slugged GST on the purchase...

Quote Originally Posted by Raider View Post
    Just received an email from TRU Australia, looks like they may not be stocking this set:
    Could be too early but I tend to think we just won't have any luck here. Time to try source from overseas before I get slugged GST on the purchase...
    Yeah, I got mine off EBay last week at $220AU shipped. I didn't want to risk not being able to get it locally. And overseas sources are fairly slim atm also.

Edit: And it more than likely WILL arrive at TRU Australia at a super low price now that I have bought one from overseas. Happens all the time with me

Just gonna wait for more stock of this to be made available rather than fight on ebay for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ploughmans Lunch View Post
    Just gonna wait for more stock of this to be made available rather than fight on ebay for it.
    I didn't need to 'fight' on EBay. Just pressed the 'Buy it Now' button $50-$60 cheaper than Robotkingdom so I'm happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    I didn't need to 'fight' on EBay. Just pressed the 'Buy it Now' button $50-$60 cheaper than Robotkingdom so I'm happy.
    Who'd you buy from if you don't mind me asking

For those interested in this set... the Velocitron set has just popped up on Amazon (sold by Amazon) for US$100 plus US$25 for shipping (for one).

I ordered two (one for me and one for a friend) and it came to AU$338... which is AU$170 each (the same price as in HK without shipping), and 15% less than the price it would be in Australia if ToysRUs ends up selling it here.

This unexpected, as it is supposed to be a TRU exclusive in America like everywhere else, so Amazon shouldn't be able to sell it.

It doesn't get released until June 17th, so it will be interesting to see what happens on that date. (at least with Amazon it's not too much to worry about, because if it was a mistaken listing, or it wasn't meant to be available to export, they will refund the money quickly and easily)

I don't have the money to pay for 2 sets right off the bat, is anyone able to order if I send them half the cash?

Showing as unavailable to me

Quote Originally Posted by Raider View Post
    Showing as unavailable to me
    Yep... looks like it might have sold out. But keep it bookmarked, and check back each day until the 17th, as they might get more stock in for its release.

God damnit, the one time I wasn't kinda OCD checking for this set and it comes and goes. Lets hope for more soon!