Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What do we want to see from a retailer?

Default What do we want to see from a retailer?

Not sure if this is the best place to put this thread but I think this could be an interesting conversation.
    There are so many online stores now and there is a pretty decent number of Aussie based places to get your TF fix now. I am just wondering what does the average collector want to see from these stores?
    Do you mind waiting the longer times the PC offers if it means that the price is lower? personally I think if they were better communicators then I don't think it would be an issue.
    Do you want to see more social media content from these stores? What would you like to see in terms of YouTube content perhaps?
    There is a reason for this thread I am working on a store with a friend and we want to know what you collectors want to see.

1) Competitve pricing. Pricing that is consistent with the service being provided.

2) Realistic delivery timeframes.

3) Reliable communication. I don't have to get an answer within an hour of sending the email, but I need to know that I'm going to get a reply in a timely manner.

4) Not be Premium Collectables.

That's it. Pretty simple really.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    1) Competitve pricing. Pricing that is consistent with the service being provided.

2) Realistic delivery timeframes.

3) Reliable communication. I don't have to get an answer within an hour of sending the email, but I need to know that I'm going to get a reply in a timely manner.

4) Not be Premium Collectables.

That's it. Pretty simple really.
    Thanks Trent. I'm hoping when our store launches that we will be able to give customers better customer service then pc

That should not be hard, they set the benchmark pretty low.
    Spiderken Away!

Quote Originally Posted by spiderken17 View Post
    That should not be hard, they set the benchmark pretty low.
    I haven't had a bad experience with them personally, but I think that enough people have highlighted issues to tell me that they are under-performing. I still shop there for now but I want my store to be something that Aussie collectors actually enjoy dealing with lol

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

If you still shop there and have not experienced bad issues is a bit alarming for me. Either you are god and they listen to you and give you items and reply emails promptly or you are someone who is very little concerned about late times for items especially if we are talking about transformers toys.

Here's my no 1 take, don't list items if they are not in stock within six months
    If things are not going according to the schedule refund your customers. Not customers going chargeback and claiming you are refunding.

There is no need for rewards, now hearing it just pisses me off.

I am no longer for upfront payments, forget it, I don't care how hot is the item there isn't a tf that is worth paying 12 months in advance let alone even six.
    Thanks to pc I no longer pay items in full for pre orders.

Don't promote yourself if you have no intention of honouring it. If you come on to octa to gain our trust and all , I be pissed off if you do a pc.

Don't use auto reply emails. We are collectors, if you give false eta is the end of you. Copy paste email are not welcome.

You can forget about the no refund bs as per Australia consumer law is not relevant, so my advice is you take your business seriously and know your products what is hot what is not.

Threatening customers over bad feedback, I say no more. Deal with it face up to what's wrong rather than battle with your customers.

After learning that's is not worth saving money over extremely long waits, I am not for it either. As I personally buy tfs overseas and shipping by sea, it never took over two and a half months. But I am not convinced with the savings.

Other factors, don't do the in batches crap, I am not interested in seeing one to twenty people getting items and the rest the following month, get stuffed. Not impressed with this type of service. Shipping to customers should be all in one go.
    Last edited by drifand; 20th October 2017 at 11:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    If you still shop there and have not experienced bad issues is a bit alarming for me. Either you are god and they listen to you and give you items and reply emails promptly or you are someone who is very little concerned about late times for items especially if we are talking about transformers toys.

Here's my no 1 take, don't list items if they are not in stock within six months
    If things are not going according to the schedule refund your customers. Not customers going chargeback and claiming you are refunding.

There is no need for rewards, now hearing it just pisses me off.

I am no longer for upfront payments, forget it, I don't care how hot is the item there isn't a tf that is worth paying 12 months in advance let alone even six.
    Thanks to pc I no longer pay items in full for pre orders.

Don't promote yourself if you have no intention of honouring it. If you come on to octa to gain our trust and all , I be pissed off if you do a pc.

Don't use auto reply emails. We are collectors, if you give false eta is the end of you. Copy paste email are not welcome.

You can forget about the no refund bs as per Australia consumer law is not relevant, so my advice is you take your business seriously and know your products what is hot what is not.

Threatening customers over bad feedback, I say no more. Deal with it face up to what's wrong rather than battle with your customers.

After learning that's is not worth saving money over extremely long waits, I am not for it either. As I personally buy tfs overseas and shipping by sea, it never took over two and a half months. But I am not convinced with the savings.
    I only order instock items from them and in all honesty that hasn't been for a while.
    I understand the problems people are having, I just haven't experienced it first hand so I don't have anything to complain about.
    I am a collector as well and I know how I want to be treated as a buyer. I have been a member of OTCA for a few years now and I only started planning my store recently.
    I can guarantee that we will have the best customer service because everyone involved is a collector and understands how things should be handled.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

You need to be on top of things to keep people happy.

Not saying is easy as there are easy layback customers and difficult ones.

Take not on the shipping in batches, I don't welcome that method. I like item is in, everyone gets it. Not "where is mine?" That's where problems start, I never gotten such issues with Japanese retailers.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    You need to be on top of things to keep people happy.

Not saying is easy as there are easy layback customers and difficult ones.

Take not on the shipping in batches, I don't welcome that method. I like item is in, everyone gets it. Not "where is mine?" That's where problems start, I never gotten such issues with Japanese retailers.
    Will keep that in mind

Jellico is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Don't sell what you don't have. Trust in PC collapsed when they started failing to deliver. People will put up with lateness, rudeness, etc if the price is right and they get what they paid for.