Page 394 of 467 FirstFirst ... 374384389390391392393394395396397398399404414 ... LastLast
Results 3,931 to 3,940 of 4670

Thread: The Computer/Console Gaming Thread

I don’t think I’ve played NFS since #3 - Hot Pursuit?

I still remember loving the original one on my dad’s brand new Win95 machine. Neither of us knew how to use Explorer so we navigated using the command prompt

I was thinking of buying Assassin's Creed Origins since it's getting good reviews. But the PC version won't be the version I get if I do. They have two DRM systems on the game (probably three if you're playing on Steam cause of Steam's DRM) and it's hammering CPU's to the point people with complete bawler overkill systems are getting less than 30fps on medium settings.

I guess I'll play on Xbox One X if I get it.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I was thinking of buying Assassin's Creed Origins since it's getting good reviews. But the PC version won't be the version I get if I do. They have two DRM systems on the game (probably three if you're playing on Steam cause of Steam's DRM) and it's hammering CPU's to the point people with complete bawler overkill systems are getting less than 30fps on medium settings.

I guess I'll play on Xbox One X if I get it.
    uhhhh gotta love that... not.

Rime had the same issues, luckily the devs killed the DRM as soon as it was cracked

Any value in old PC games or should I just bin them all?

Games:
    Transformers The Game
    Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
    FarCry
    Tomb Raider: Underworld
    Tomb Raider: Legend
    Quake 4: Special DVD edition!
    Brothers in Arms: Earned in Blood
    Fear gold edition
    Fear 2
    Fear Perseus Mandate
    Whole heap of Command&Conquer/Red Alert
    Edit: found a couple more
    Saints row 2
    Medal of Honour: Pacific Assault
    GTA 4
    Last edited by Autocon; 15th November 2017 at 06:52 PM.

I have about half those

Problem with PC games is most nowadays are permanently linked to an account, some you even need to pay a fee to sell the thing from memory

Most of those should be OK to stick on eBay and see what people want to pay (just check Steam etc to see what their being sold for “new”)

The Fear sequels might tempt me though...

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    Any value in old PC games or should I just bin them all?
    Depends. If any of them are steamworks/uplay/origin only and require binding keys to your account (and you've done so) or require GFWL then yeah not worth much for play value.
    The disks are only really worth it if you collect the physical media, but even then they dont sell for much to collectors unless it's a super collectors edition that was limited in numbers. Most of these sorts of things end up in charity stores for $1.
    I'd take the TF and C&C ones off your hands just to have physical copies for my PC games shelf but honestly just the postage might be paying more then they are worth lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by prjkt View Post
    The Fear sequels might tempt me though...
    Just an FYI, Fear 2: Project Origin (assuming that's the "Fear 2" Autocon has and not "Extraction Point") required Steam authorization, so it's probably worthless if it is that and has been used.
    All the Fear games have been had their steam keys bundled for like $1 and will do so again most likely, so that's an option if you just want them to play.

Old 'big' PC boxes hold a lot of collector value but games from the 'DVD box' era not so much unless they are a special edition to a popular game.

If it’s a space issue then just get one of those CD albums and keep the disc/manual/key. That’s what I’ve done and I have a ton of games tucked under my desk.

Also most of those games are available on Steam and most people prefer to buy Steam digital copies over physical in the PC gaming realm. All those games could easily be bought for under $5 each on a Steam sale. So not good for the value of old PC games.

I paid something like $10 (total) a couple of years ago for every single C&C game ever made. At that point I threw out all my disk copies. That's what you're up against when it comes to value of PC games.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Also most of those games are available on Steam and most people prefer to buy Steam digital copies over physical in the PC gaming realm. All those games could easily be bought for under $5 each on a Steam sale. So not good for the value of old PC games.

I paid something like $10 (total) a couple of years ago for every single C&C game ever made. At that point I threw out all my disk copies. That's what you're up against when it comes to value of PC games.
    Aren't CD copies of classic C&C games, specially with boxes fairly valuable?