Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: custom Overlord

Default custom Overlord

Thanks to Kristofferer for selling me the junker Supreme Starscream I used to make this. Also thanks to everyone who commented on the WIP thread, especially Deonasis for pushing me into jazzing up the tank mde.

I know the tank mode is a stretch, but there's only so much I could do with a pair of legs without turning it into more of a partsformer. The tank barrel is a stripped down KO nerf gun. It fits in snugly between the legs. I think it evokes Overlord's tank mode - purple main gun, white turret pieces... call it Cybertronian mode.
    The missile pods and tail fins on the plane are taken off for bot mode. If you look closely on Overlord's left wing you may be able to see the rivet I drilled into it. That's for the jet nose to attach to in bot mode.

Opening the doors to Garrus-9

The gun handle is a yellow lego-type piece with a circle at one end that fits over an internal strut of the gun.

And some Last Stand of the Wreckers shots...

Guzzle: "oh slag..."

Here you can see Overlord has a bit of a wasp waist going on.

I do plan on trying to put something on Overlord's chest to evoke the powermaster engines, but wanted these pics up for posterity in case I stuff it up.

Killer!!! I could see that thing going for a mint on ebay.....
    sell it to me
    pleeeeese.

That looks great! A lot better than the Botcon toy, even the head sculpt looks more suitable!

Very well done.

looks good man, keep up the good work

Great work on Overlord!

Splendid work! It's not a waste of plastic anymore.... I always thought the Supreme Starscream toy was one.... were Hasbro made an Animated Omega of same scale I wouldn't think so

So, what are you planning to use for PM looking chest pieces for Overlord - Lego? They got a lot of parts you prolly can use - especially Bionicle parts

You could make that removable chest piece out of lego parts and on alt mode fits onto the tank like a cockpit bit then have the turret snap onto it, or mebbe just paint it to evoke such a look if it's too fiddly an idea.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Damn, you can work quickly on a supreme sized figure! And using a nerf gun barrel is ingenious. Thanks for the nod but thankyou because i have gotten a great kick out of seeing his as i am a mile from getting the parts/time/everything to try this Overlord myself. :thumb

He looks like a heap of fun too, poor Guzzle looks like an ant. A very very concerned ant.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Extremely well executed dude; your creativity and eye for detail is incredible, your realisation of Overlord is utterly superb!

Wow very nice