Page 34 of 49 FirstFirst ... 1424293031323334353637383944 ... LastLast

Thread: Robot Kingdom (RK) (Hong Kong) feedback

Megatran Guest

Got an email from RK asking me if I wanted to declare the full amount on the parcel for my latest order. I had the option to declare a 'token' value but that may impact on insurance in the event of a claim. I've never had problems in the past using these guys but this email is making me lost confidence in their ethical practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    Got an email from RK asking me if I wanted to declare the full amount on the parcel for my latest order. I had the option to declare a 'token' value but that may impact on insurance in the event of a claim. I've never had problems in the past using these guys but this email is making me lost confidence in their ethical practice.
    I think you'll find that a lot of overseas sellers think they are doing you a favour by not declaring the true value of your purchase so you don't incur additional import fees/taxes. However it would probably be in your best interest to tell them to declare the full amount because as you stated if you needed to make an insurance claim for lost or damaged goods you may only be able to recover the amount or a percentage of the amount declared. Keep in mind that purchases under $1000 AUD are tax and duty free so it shouldn't be an issue if you are making regular purchases of a few hundred dollars here and there.

Megatran Guest

I asked that my largish order be delivered before Xmas. Here is RK's response:

Dear XYZ,

For delivery before X'mas, Air Mail Parcel to Australia latest date is DEC 10.

However Robotkingdom wants to thank your long time support, your parcel will upgrade to EMS for free.

Merry Christmas!

Best Regards,
    Alice

Credit where credit is due. It's welcome news for Xmas.
    Last edited by Megatran; 12th December 2013 at 07:32 AM.

I'm a loyal RK customer, and have never had a problem before like this.

But I order Horse Starscream to be sent via EMS, so that he'd arrive by Christmas. The box arrived today couriered, but to my horror when I opened it I found it was instead Horse Optimus! I'd had zero interest in another prime repaint (Hasbro one's is superb as is). and I doubt that RK will be able to take action and get it here on time

Has anyone ever received a completely different product, or someone else's order? There's a twenty dollar price difference, and he's differently shaped too.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Yeah it happened to me not long ago.

Megatran Guest

I'm finding the shipping cost is becoming cost prohibitive with RK. Which is a shame because I've never had any issues with them previously. It appeared to coincide with the transition over to the 'new look' online store several months ago. I'm now having to look elsewhere such as Chimungmung, but they don't appear to carry an extensive range of products.

Well I finally have my Supreme Horse Starscream in hand (which is AWESOME btw), and they had me post the toy to another Australian customer and issued me a credit refund for the postage. While I'm still disappointed it wasn't there for Christmas day, I am impressed with the way they dealt with it and their communication.

Its bad when a company makes a mistake, but very good and reassuring to know that they will remedy it. Definitely keep buying from them as a customer.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Megatran Guest

My Hasbro Powermaster OP (with apex Armour) Reissue is packed upside down in the box. I'm not too concerned. It actually looks 'different' through the clear plastic window in the upside down orientation. Double taping doesn't appear to be tampered with. Just wondering if people have experienced this with any TF toy?

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    I'm finding the shipping cost is becoming cost prohibitive with RK. Which is a shame because I've never had any issues with them previously. It appeared to coincide with the transition over to the 'new look' online store several months ago. I'm now having to look elsewhere such as Chimungmung, but they don't appear to carry an extensive range of products.
    I agree, has put me off a few smaller purchases from them for a while
    Seems to be because they include extra costs in the shipping

Kranix is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I too have stopped using RK because of shipping costs and I had bought heaps from there over the last few years.