Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Primitive Skateboarding exclusive Transformers toy

Official details and images have now been released, and not only does it have the radical sk8er name of Shreddicus Maximus for the Titanmaster, but this exclusive toy will come packed with two skate ramps, a skate rail, and a hoverboard/skateboard for the Titanmaster.

The bad news is that it will be one of the exclusive toys at SDCC next month from Hasbro, for US$50... but then again, that might actually make it easier to obtain than if it was being sold through the skateboard company itself, because SDCC toys are usually fairly common or easy to obtain through the secondary market, and if they don't sell out, they will be available from the HasbroToyShop website (if you or a friend can buy from there through a shipping agent).

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    and a hoverboard/skateboard for the Titanmaster.
    It resembles Daniel's board from TFTM. Too bad it's the wrong color and probably too big for the MP Daniel figure.
    Recent Acquisitions: MP-53+B Dia Burnout
    (Pre-)ordered: Missing Link C-02
    Wants: Encore Headmasters!

Very cool of them to include a skateboard (this makes me FAR more interested in it). If i was up to date with my collecting i would grab this.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

I'm kinda wanting this figure. Now to find a way of sourcing

I don't do black repaints but the colouring on that looks pretty good, especially in robot mode. The skate ramp and board for the titan master is a great accessory. Not for me but if I was into skating I'd be all over this.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    I'm kinda wanting this figure. Now to find a way of sourcing
    It does look quite good actually. Shame about the dribble written on the side of the trailer and the Autobot Logo though.

Wow that bot mode actually does look pretty cool i think. I've had zero interest really in this mould and most of TR but now I'm intrigued hehe.

Thanks to Hasbro Australia, who sent me a Primitive Skateboarding Optimus last month, in return for helping them do a Transformers toy commercial
    earlier this year. Despite that, I still want to do a quick photo review for the fans, just so that I can make sure that I definitely earn this toy.

As noted in a previous post, this will be an exclusive at SDCC next week, for US$50.
    Considering the regular retail price of Leader Class Generations toys are currently US$45, this is probably one of the best value SDCC Transformers
    toys, for only being $5 more, but having a fancy display box and extra accessories.

Since it is partnering with an actual American skateboarding business, I would be surprised if it shows up in other countries (some SDCC exclusives
    do, particularly in Asia, and occasionally in Australia - the last one showing up here was Devastator from the 2013 SDCC).

The box - very nice in black and gold... and the watermark effect on the front and back is actually embossed (textured to the touch), which is also a very nice touch.
    The black eyes makes me think of the dead Optimus in the 1980s cartoon (post-movie episodes), and I think the eyes should have been done in grey or gold.

The toy is also black and gold, but under bright light (and camera flash), it looks more like the colour of dark chocolate.

A flip-lid, like you get with several past SDCC exclusives and the Japanese Combiner boxsets. The writing inside the lid is the bio for this toy.
    The contents inside the box is the black and gold Leader Class Titans Return Optimus Prime toy, with the regular four weapons and Titanmaster,
    plus two ramps, a skate rail, and a hoverboard. Those four extra items all appear to be newly created for this exclusive SDCC set, as they combine
    to form a gun for the robot mode of Optimus, and attach to the other two modes in specific ways.
    (one of the ramps had come loose in the box)

The tray of toy and accessories. With Optimus packaged in robot mode and the Titanmaster (Shreddicus Maximus) on the hoverboard, the head of
    Optimus looks eerie with nothing inside the helmet.

The instruction sheet.
    The descriptions listed with the "trick names" on the back don't make much sense, as they don't seem to describe skater actions or tricks.

Primitive Optimus with regular Titans Return Optimus (with Hasbro Asia stickers).

Primitive Optimus with the Japanese Nucleon Quest Super Ginrai, and Black Gen1 Convoy (Jafcon reissue).

The Titanmaster Shreddicus Maximus is exactly the same as Autobot Apex (from the regular Optimus), done entirely in black, with some gold and blue paint on it.

The four exclusive accessories, combined into the gun.

The new gun being used. (the camera flash really makes it look a lot lighter in colour to the Optimus toy, but in-hand they are both very black)

The skate ramps and rail.

And the two ramps, which can be plugged together to form a quarter pipe.

Truck mode, with the two Japanese toys from above (Super Ginrai and Black Convoy).

And with the regular Titans Return Optimus (with the Hasbro Asia stickers flaking off a little in some parts).

Another place for the skate accessories is to plug them onto the top of the truck mode, to turn Optimus into a mobile skate park, complete with half-pipe.

And the third mode, the base mode, the ramps and skate rail plug into the holes near the trailer wheels, to make it look more like a skate park, but
    the ramps just end up hovering in the air.
    Which is fine for a hoverboard, but not for a skateboard with wheels on it.

Speaking of skateboards... looks like word of this new skate-park on Cybertron has spread, and a couple have shown up to see if they can drop
    in and do some tricks.
    Actionmaster Jazz said that he and his turbo-board were too cool for this Primitive skate-park.

That's all for now.
    Is there anything else I should photograph of this toy, or with something else?
    Last edited by griffin; 14th July 2017 at 01:16 AM.

very nice pics! i presume he can't combine with god bomber since he looks like an exact copy of hasbro powermaster opt.

Quote Originally Posted by yoshi594 View Post
    very nice pics! i presume he can't combine with god bomber since he looks like an exact copy of hasbro powermaster opt.
    I haven't actually tried to combine those two JP toys, but if Godbomber can't combine to the Hasbro Powermaster Optimus, then this would be the same, as this is indeed the Hasbro mould.