Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast

Thread: MP Soundwave revealed!

Did anyone notice the pile drivers at the back? This is seriously going to be a great year for toys.

Quote Originally Posted by canofwhoopass_87 View Post
    I'd prefer Soundwave without a MP3 device embedded. With phones and plenty of other electronic devices capable of playing music these days, it would just feel like a cheap and tacky add on that no one would use.

Would anyone really want to take public transport holding an 80's cassette player ?
    The 80s cassette player doesn't bother,e, but I already have the Device label soundwave and it is crap, in regards to being an MP3 player. Unless SW has speakers in him I would rather he be without music playing abilities.

I wouldn't want speakers in him because;
    1 they's be crap speakers
    2 they'd probably hinder his articulation/transformation and make him a bit more crap than he would have been without.

It's all good with these nice pics but I still haven;'t seen any next to any other figure so at least we get a good idea HOW TALL/BIG this figure really is? Coz, As with everything that HASTAKTOM is doing now with the Tf franchise - everything is shrinking. If the figure is at least as big as MP Grimlock I would be happy, if it was smaller.... that's just dissapointing

Quote Originally Posted by ITZTRU View Post
    Other than Buzzsaw (who I don't care for so much) ravage, rumble or frenzy better NOT be packaged with the inevitable repaint for Soundblaster, forcing us to have buy Soundblaster just for the other minions. TakTom can't be that cruel, surely. Could they?!
    Oh you never know, the Japanese can be quite twisted in their.. erm... humour. Of course considering that it is a business, they might just do that - who knows they might package - say - an MP Hound with Frenzy, and MP Mirage with Ravage - you know just to play out with the G1 episodes we enjoyed years ago. BUt, I for one am with you in hoping this prediction does NOT come to pass and just have them make issue an MP which is a minions pack - Say add Ratbat and Rumble to make a 5 minion pack - ID certainly buy that.

Quote Originally Posted by 1orion2many View Post
    He is a box and noise came from him, WHat else would you call him
    Erm I thought G1 Soundwave was a minicassette player... Blaster was the Boombox
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    It's all good with these nice pics but I still haven;'t seen any next to any other figure so at least we get a good idea HOW TALL/BIG this figure really is? Coz, As with everything that HASTAKTOM is doing now with the Tf franchise - everything is shrinking. If the figure is at least as big as MP Grimlock I would be happy, if it was smaller.... that's just dissapointing
    The same height as Starscream and I will be happy.

Agree Tets!

Quote Originally Posted by gamblor916 View Post
    Did anyone notice the pile drivers at the back? This is seriously going to be a great year for toys.
    I think everyone did! They just wouldn't be Frenzy/Rumble without them

Also, I have no idea what that hand scanner is. Don't recall seeing that in the cartoons...

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post

Oh you never know, the Japanese can be quite twisted in their.. erm... humour. Of course considering that it is a business, they might just do that - who knows they might package - say - an MP Hound with Frenzy, and MP Mirage with Ravage - you know just to play out with the G1 episodes we enjoyed years ago. BUt, I for one am with you in hoping this prediction does NOT come to pass and just have them make issue an MP which is a minions pack - Say add Ratbat and Rumble to make a 5 minion pack - ID certainly buy that.
    Lol what? If they released Frenzy and Ravage with MP Hound and Mirage that would be a good thing!

Quote Originally Posted by 1orion2many View Post
    He is a box and noise came from him, WHat else would you call him
    Blaster is a boombox. Soundwave is a compact portable radio cassette player, similar to a Walkman (only that in Microman he was meant to play compact cassette tapes (microcassettes) instead of regular cassettes (as portrayed in Transformers). So Soundwave was originally meant to be 1:1 scale whereas Blaster really isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by ITZTRU View Post
    rumble or frenzy
    I'm guessing it's gonna be Frenzy.

Remember that in Japan the purple/blue robot that we know as Rumble in the cartoon was called "Frenzy" (and the red/black robot was called Rumble -- thus the whole FIRRIB/RIRFIB controversy doesn't exist in Japan! ).

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    I have an order down for the Amazon release and a standard release. Also, I will have no regrets. It's exactly 6 months away from release and I'm pretty sure I can put a few hundred bucks together by then...
    I'm still saving up for MP Sunstorm and United Artfire... going pretty well with that atm (easy when there's bugger all new toys on shelves )... maybe once I've finished saving for them _and_ saving for MP Lambor, I might consider MP Soundwave.

Basically for me, MP Soundwave is a lower priority -- Sunstorm and Artfire take precedent (as I've already pre-ordered them), then MP Lambor (as I consider him better value for money). But if circumstances make it too hard to save up for this toy for me, I'll pass it and wait for Hasbro's.

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    Hasbro haven't announced if or when they will be releasing Soundwave. I'm sure they will, but it will be at least a year away. It will probably be exclusive and may not be released here. MP Rodimus was easy to find at a good price, MP Grimlock was at a decent price but I never even saw one, I'm not sure if Skywarp was even released here, MP Ghost Starscream was massively overpriced despite shelf-warming, MP Starscream was hard to find etc...
    I was able to find MP Grimlock easy enough at TRU in Caso and Parra. MP Skywarp I never saw; I think he was released in Toyworlds, which we don't have in NSW, but other states got them.

Quote Originally Posted by Oilspill View Post
    What are you basing that price on? At RK he still seems to be listed at $160.
    Here.
    According to that link, the toy is meant to retail for 16590JPY, which equates to 209.38AUD. Although if you pre order you can get a 16% discount and pay 13886JPY or 175.25AUD. But the standard RRP is ¥16590

Quote Originally Posted by Oilspill View Post
    It's just going to be so hard to restrain myself, because Soundwave looks so damn good!
    The Soundwave toy kinda reminds me of MP Grimlock... kinda like a larger and more complex version of G1 Grimlock, but otherwise kinda similar to the G1 toy, if you know what I mean. Other MPs are completely different to their G1 counterparts and are vastly more complex, whereas I found w/ MP Grimlock, the toy is like half Masterpiece, half oversized G1 toy. Looking at these pictures, Soundwave kinda looks that way -- maybe not quite as bad as Grimlock.

But I guess the original Soundwave toy was so well engineered, it may not be necessary to change all that much even when rendering it as a Masterpiece toy. But still... it would feel disappointing for such a hefty price tag. I could be wrong... I'm just guessing from looking at these pics.

Would anyone really want to take public transport holding an 80's cassette player ?
    Like I need an excuse to hold a Transformer in public places! The only MP that I haven't taken on excursions is Megatron (for legal reasons ).

I think everyone did! They just wouldn't be Frenzy/Rumble without them
    Frenzy. Looks like he's only gonna come with one of the humanoid Cassettrons, and I'm guessing it's gonna be Frenzy since he was far more prominent in the cartoon.

Also, I have no idea what that hand scanner is. Don't recall seeing that in the cartoons...
    It's from the episode "Fire In The Sky," or "スカイファイヤーの再生" ("Skyfire's Resurrection") as it was called in Japan.

The placard on display specifically says it's Frenzy being shown. Confirming once and for all that he's actually grey (until painted!).

I think you're all taking the whole "boombox" thing too literally...orion meant well

Lol what? If they released Frenzy and Ravage with MP Hound and Mirage that would be a good thing!
    NOt for me as I have no interest in getting/collecting the new mini MPs. Im quite happy with the scale of the Alternators to the original sized MPs. I feel gipped with having MP price (overprice more like it) for something the size of an Ultra and not MP IMO
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]