Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leaked movie toys - spoilers

Default Leaked movie toys - spoilers

An image has leaked of what looks like a packaging mockup for a new Movie toy, called Infernocus, a combiner made up of five Infernicons - Glug, Gorge, Infernocon Thrash, Rupture and Skulk.

The toy(s) is in grey, which I would imagine is a pre-production copy... and not it's actual release colour.

But what will be more obvious to some is that it is mostly a reuse of the Beast Hunters Abominus combiner... with a new figure as the core of the combiner (replacing Hun-grrr).

The big SPOILER though is that the "packaging" notes that Infernocus is a guard for the character Quintessa, who is being represented as a figurine in this pack.
    There were rumours that the concept of the Quintessons might be in this fifth movie, particularly when Optimus flew off to look for the "creators" at the end of the fourth movie... and the early trailers for this movie showed a second world near earth.

The packaging also notes that the toys have hidden glyphs that a decoder will reveal... which might be a gimmick with the other Movie toys.

Such a heavy retool suggests to me it's a non-screen character...

When I first saw the pics I had a moment where I thought we were seeing toys that could become the basis of CW-compatible animal combiners. Then I recognised the limbs for what they were.

Kinda like the names though for a group of evil Dinobots (or close enough).

Just noticed though Skulk doesn't have a beast mode. He's just robot and torso. That's a bit weak.

Thank you, Hasbro for saving me more money.

<insert.300-word.rant.about.the.stupid.name>

FatalityPitt Guest

So many retools and repaints in this line.

Apparently they're even gonna include a retool of that Generations IDW Megatron from several years ago.

Link: https://www.seibertron.com/transform...evealed/37553/

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Thank you, Hasbro for saving me more money.

<insert.300-word.rant.about.the.stupid.name>
    Someone with some sense
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

This character model has already shown upon the Transformers Annual IDW comic from last month. In the comic they refer to him as Onxy Prime, the leader of the combiners from TCOP, ironically spouting the warning the hologram gave from the G1 Cosmic Rust cartoon episode.

Seems a bit much of a coincidence

Looks like these might be related to the leaked combiner, as they have the same background, and are greyscale pre-production toys.

Skullitron - said to be a reworking of the Steelbane toy.

Deluxe Megatron - reusing the GEN-13 Stealthbomber toy.

Decepticon Nitro - looks like a new mould, but can't quite tell what it turns into.

In Hasbro's defence, shoehorning non-Movieverse figures into the Movieverse is nothing new. Even back in 2007 we had a number of Energon and Cybertron figures redecoed as Movieverse toys. I have at least two "shoehorned Movieverse" figures in my collection:
    + TF1 Big Daddy: Cos I just like the Cybertron Downshift mould and think that the redeco looks cool. Easy to repurpose as CHUGUR Big Daddy.
    + AoE Rollbar: Cos I got the Breakout Battle box set as a freebie from Hasbro.

But considering that I've only ever purchased one of these shoehorned redecoes in the past 10 years, I don't see myself rushing to buy any of these new ones in The Last Knight. That's not to say that these redecoes look bad or anything, but just not my cube of Energon.

As bland as they are, i think Infernocus, Nitro, and Skulltron are finished product. They are each officially photographed, and on packaging, and have some tiny paint apps. My guess is Hasbro is saving money on paint and using the plain plastic (in Infernocus' and Skulltron's case) to represent dirty, old, robots.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose