Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NYCC news and new reveals

FatalityPitt Guest

More pictures of some beautiful sexy Terrorcons: https://www.seibertron.com/transform...-nycc17/39745/

Looks like they're also bringing back heat-rub faction symbols

Ugh, really want a Grotusque but he's going to be really hard to get in Oz, isn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHyren View Post
    The dinobot combiner has hands growing out of its chest/armpits. Sure, it might give it a bulkier look but it just looks silly IMO.
    Little arms coming out of his chest would look better on Monstructor. I'm sure some digibashes will pop up soon.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHyren View Post
    Just going to mention something that I only just noticed (but apparently was mentioned before). The dinobot combiner has hands growing out of its chest/armpits. Sure, it might give it a bulkier look but it just looks silly IMO.

Im sure we will get some perfect effect upgrades for this guy

Quote Originally Posted by Deano85 View Post
    Does Perfect Effect do entire figures? Because this needs a whole new Grimlock torso. The chest (if you can call it that), the tiny head, and the ridiculous shoulders that lead to massive gaps between the arms and torso. It's a shame because the limbs look pretty solid. I guess most people will likely pose them in their individual modes anyway.

Loving all these reveals..
    - Yay Grotesque! Alas poor Repugnus
    - Woot Terrorcons! Show me Abominus
    - All the other Titan master stuff looks good. But my time with no spending money continues
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Does Volcanicus even get a full sized weapon of his own or is this it?

Noticed the lone grimlock only gets the 2 feet/armor packs and his enigma spark, not even a sword or gun for robot mode unless I missed it between reveals.

I'll be waiting for a Unite Warriors release(or whatever takara does next), I saw stickers, not going near them again

Quote Originally Posted by Deano85 View Post
    Honestly that's not the point. These figures should have been done properly (like the chest being bulky without having to plug what are obviously hands into it) rather then us needing to spend an extra $50 on a third party kit just to make it look "right".
    I dont mind third party kits that enhance figures but it shouldnt feel like it's a mandatory purchase for making a figure look good, we're already spending at least $150 on 5 bots as it is.
    For example I'm using the original CW hands and feet with some of my combiners because they still do the job well enough, the perfect effect hands and feet arent really a mandatory purchase IMO, just something that is "nice to have" and enhances the originals.
    I dont think we should be excusing poor design choices just because "oh a third party will fix that".
    I mean it's not like I'd even be displaying this in combined mode anyway, it's daft, dinobots dont combine (with the exception of the dinoforce of course), but that doesnt mean I cant criticize a poor design.
    Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    Does Perfect Effect do entire figures?
    Actually yes, they released their own version of the cab for TR PM Optimus to replace the original cab with one that can transform into a smaller Optimus as well as combine with the trailer to become Super Optimus. It's call Perfect Combiner Jinrai Prime if you want to look it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutton View Post
    Ugh, really want a Grotusque but he's going to be really hard to get in Oz, isn't he?
    Supposedly he'll be available from Hasbro partner stores so that likely means either a TRU or BBTS exclusive. So not really hard to get, just probably a bit expensive and online only.

More photos of the Grotusque toy, from someone who was lucky to get one before the HasbroToyShop ran out (very quickly). It shows that the robot mode of the head Fengul, is based on the Japanese Beastformer Platinum Tiger.

And a ToysRUs America listing, suggesting that it will be released there as well, like the HasCon Arcee toy.

I have asked Hasbro Australia if we are getting Arcee here (before this one was revealed), so hopefully we do get both here in some way.

The Scorponok head really makes me wonder if we will ever get a Titan class Scorponok or not. I mean yes there was a Rodimus head in the Chaos box set and now we're getting a Rodimus figure in PotP but by the same token we have a multitude of random loose heads (like Fangry and Horri-Bull) that have no bodies and dont look to be getting any.
    Actually that gives me another thought. This Grotusque figure could probably be further retooled into a good body for Fangry, but since Hasbro seem to be moving away from Headmasters for now that might not happen officially.