Thread: Movie Masterpiece Optimus Prime now out at Zing

Default Movie Masterpiece Optimus Prime now out at Zing

Zing have started stocking the second Movie Masterpiece toy - Optimus Prime... for $198, found in Melbourne and Brisbane in the last two days.

It is also listed on their website for order, among their other Transformers items.

It is probably their exclusive, as MP Bumblebee is noted as their exclusive on their website.

(photo by Ozformers member Justowen, from the Zing CBD Brisbane)

Just mentioning this for those that might not know about how Zing operate.
    Please be aware that most Zing stores often only get one of each high priced figure, which they often take out of the box to put on display.
    In the case of Transformers this can involve damaging the figure due to outsiders to the franchise trying to transform figures that they know nothing about.
    I refer to this post (clicky) for an example.

So yeah, if you're a sealed box collector dont buy from Zing and if you dont mind buying used toys at (above) full retail from Zing at least make sure you inspect what you're buying

^ that's good info for those who did not realize this. On the positive side, this version of OP comes in robot mode so no need for anyone to fiddle around with it to get it on display.

I purchased BB in store and had no issues. Figure was misb on the shelf, and I know they had at least two in stock.

With that said, OP may get treated differently. Probably valid issues if they are being unpacked for display.

(if you can't get one cheaper, like from a foreign source) Maybe ask the Zing store to see if they can order in a fresh one for you, if they have opened theirs for display.
    As long as it is available on their website, I would imagine that they can order more in... maybe? (I know TRU cant/wont)

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

If they plan on displaying him they'd stick to botmode, that said never once saw any mpm bumblebee's on display, guess the staff in the west and in melbourne cbd know better

I just passed by a Zing store today, and for anyone who doesn't yet have one, MPM Optimus is now $148 and MPM Bumblebee is now $98.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    I just passed by a Zing store today, and for anyone who doesn't yet have one, MPM Optimus is now $148 and MPM Bumblebee is now $98.
    If they had those prices previously, they may have sold some stock