Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Regeneration 1 #80.5

loving the artwork on this!
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

Quote Originally Posted by snaketales View Post
    I got the same reply from my local comic shop... bit of a bummer since I've ordered Transformers comics through them for years, but I can see their point.
    It's actually part of the terms and conditions for stores to recieve FCBD comics. Not that they are enforced in anyway. It's more of a code.

Plus the point of the day is to get (hopefully new) people back into comic book stores, not to reward regulars (That's what pull bags/standing order discounts or member discounts are for).

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Some people may or may not already have a copy.

The issues shipped worldwide last week to any stores that ordered them, so it's possible.

However...

To any comic stores that have pre-sold or even given away these issues yet. Shame on them.

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

If they chose to give one to a friend, knowing how happy it'd make them, especially if that person was I'll and probably likely to miss FBCD, and that person swore to not flash it all over the net, I don't see the harm. Same as a review copy, or a screener for movie critics.

I do agree on charging, but it's easy to forget that although it's called Free Comic Day, they're not free to the retailer. They have to pay for each one, and the cost of shipping. So while I agree they shouldn't charge, I can kinda understand it from a retailers point of view.

Picked up my copy early today. pretty happy with it all round, and have enjoyed the old school robot art designs.

Sigh... I wish going to a Comic Shop wasn't a day trip.

For those that missed this on Free Comic Book Day, it's now available for free (and legally) digitally through Comixology.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Sigh... I wish going to a Comic Shop wasn't a day trip.
    Whilst I still wish this weren't the case, there are some really friendly & helpful OTCA members round here; So much so that I was able to obtain this & Regeneration #81 - Many thanks Sharky!

It's also good news, Paul, to hear that it's now available free of charge digitally - Grab it if you can guys!