Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: IDW Wreckers part 3 & FCBD Unicron #0

Looks like a hard reboot. Lost Light is going biweekly and wrapping up the current "season" at the same time the Unicron series ends (according to James Roberts on Twitter). Wreckers will wrap up. All th loose ends being tied up.

Sucks that they're doing the hard reset but considering that in the last few years Hasbro and IDW trying to fold in so many other brands into one universe, it kind of made it unwieldy.

Hopefully, a lot of the current creative roster stay on as well as things like how genderless robots have relationships and the 13 tribes.

What I don't want is manly robots fighting a 4 million year war.

I am slightly sceptical of their big event buildup, as none of the previous crossovers have had a huge impact except for specific characters. It sounds like more hype again, and more of a soft reboot from the newsarama article.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    I am slightly sceptical of their big event buildup, as none of the previous crossovers have had a huge impact except for specific characters. It sounds like more hype again, and more of a soft reboot from the newsarama article.
    That article has been updated with a quote from Barber and Roberts confirmed on twitter that IDW is doing a hard reset.

Quote Originally Posted by SMHFConvoy View Post
    Sucks that they're doing the hard reset but considering that in the last few years Hasbro and IDW trying to fold in so many other brands into one universe, it kind of made it unwieldy.

Hopefully, a lot of the current creative roster stay on as well as things like how genderless robots have relationships and the 13 tribes.

What I don't want is manly robots fighting a 4 million year war.
    I've seen people drawing some lines between the IDW reboot and the new toyline/trilogy from the start of next year. Combined with the new cartoon and a possible "reboot" movie series and my assumption would be possibly a new "aligned" continuity?

Just need to see if they decide to reboot as a shared universe from the start this time or if they drop that concept. I fear feel they'll go for a shared universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I've seen people drawing some lines between the IDW reboot and the new toyline/trilogy from the start of next year. Combined with the new cartoon and a possible "reboot" movie series and my assumption would be possibly a new "aligned" continuity?

Just need to see if they decide to reboot as a shared universe from the start this time or if they drop that concept. I fear feel they'll go for a shared universe.
    You crossed out the wrong word...
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Pete Sinclair made a bold statement on Twitter a few weeks ago that he expected by this time next year Transformers would once again be a Marvel property.

I kind of hope he's wrong, except if it did become so, there's then long term likelihood that There would be Transformers related stuff at Disney parks and I expect they would do a really good job of that, even better than Universal.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    There's nothing wrong with a shared universe Hasbro and IDW just botched it with Revolution and it just got out of control. I hope that if they do got back to the war it's leading into it so it's less fighting and more what put these characters on their paths.

Default IDW continuity to end!!!

James Roberts has said that the IDW continuity will end this September with the Unicron series.

http://news.tfw2005.com/2018/03/27/c...ptember-361438

I guess it's probably due for a reboot since it started over a decade ago.

Great time to call my comic collecting quits and go digital only, unless something spectacular starts up from the get go on the reset... which I doubt. IDW has been on a death spiral for a while, only Lost Light and TAAO were worth reading.

No surprise that their transformers comics really went into free fall with the shared hasblow universe rubbish that really diluted the transformers brand.

At least there is a chance Kup might live for longer than a year this time around...
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)