Quote Originally Posted by Thurmus View Post
Why do you need to state it is your opinion? Is there an official Transformers rating board that decide if a figure is good or not?

Has it now got to the point where people have to have opinions explained to them in case they don't agree and if they don't it isn't an opinion, it is an outrage?
Dude - Griffin was just being polite, it wasn't a big deal

I think the only reason he said it was his comment sounded a bit like a statement of fact rather than an opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
The Japanese exclusive Battle Command Optimus toy from 2014 (from TF4 toyline), is being reissued... which is really surprising, since it is a really bad toy.

It will see a re-release in April 2018 for 6,800yen.
Anyways, I said I liked it so he was just clarifying that he was only offering an opinion in case, maybe, I was annoyed (which I wasn't as shown below)

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
I have that figure - I quite like it. Convertible trailer and tons of weapons
Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
Sorry... I should have noted that it was just my opinion.
But saying that, aside from it having the good elements of heaps of accessories and a trailer, the gimmick and engineering made the robot mode a real mess to me.... being similar to the other gimmick Primes (1-step and Power Battler).
Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
Oh t’wernt no skin off my nose - good luck finding any toy that every person likes

I just liked it personally due to all the weapons and the fact that all my different JP one-step changers, like Stinger, all illicited different sounds. Plus any Optimus that comes with a trailer gets a big tick from me

But yeah, it’s certainly not the pinnacle of toy engineering
So it's all good on his end, it's all good on my end

Quote Originally Posted by Thurmus View Post
Why do you need to state it is your opinion? Is there an official Transformers rating board that decide if a figure is good or not?
Well, not an official one but I wrote a review of the toy 3 1/2 years ago HERE and the votes broke down that most people agreed with Griffin's assessment that no - its really not a good toy (even, as noted in the review, I had to admit that Optimus had too much of the shellformer going for him).

I understand your distress though. Griffin is the owner/operator of this site and I'm its member of the year. I guess when our opinions differ some people see it like when their parents fight - it can stress them out. I hope I have not caused undue emotional trauma to anyone for thinking it's not a bad figure

But yeah, not so much on this site but on lots of others it seems like you can't offer an opinion on anything these days, be it movie or toy, without someone cracking it that your point of view doesn't line up with theirs. It can be a pain. It's why i don't interact much on some of the FB TF groups and some of the US fan sites.