Thread: Japanese art? show in Perth

Default Japanese art? show in Perth

Went into town yesterday and there was a small collection of oversized figures on display at the Tafe art gallery 19 Aberdeen st in perth..
    if you're in town, might be worth a look. they had a 5 foot rei from evangelion .
    A gundam suit, an 8 foot ultraman. Hello Kitty, pikachu, a baby with reindeer horns?? some of those Japanese girl figures etc etc.. . No transformers
    or astroboy or tetsujin... (there were pics of astro and gigantor) i let them know in the comments i'd like to see little statues of them next time around..
    if you're in the area, it's free.

I saw that. Finishes on the 3rd of May.

Pics and stuff I took here with some information.

I too left some comments, but there might have been licensing issues or logistical issues.

they could have had more about Osamu Tezuka in there as well. The magazine they give you when you walk in has more info in it than the bits on the wall.

Funny I was just playing with Classics Astrotrain and was humming Starlight express and lo and behold I see it included in that Cartoon timeline pics there in your link Tets... ah most of em toons got shown back in the days when I was still young in Phils... good memories

Interesting that they didnt feature Doraemon or Spooky Kitaro... I would've thought they'd was pretty popular and old school, but then again there's alot of manganime not featured heheheheh. Thanks for sharin the pics
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

No idea where this is lol Near Beaufort st end?

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    No idea where this is lol Near Beaufort st end?
    yeah. i think the corner of beaufort st and aberdeen.. there is a pink sea container sticking out of the wall...

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    I saw that. Finishes on the 3rd of May.

Pics and stuff I took here with some information.

I too left some comments, but there might have been licensing issues or logistical issues.

they could have had more about Osamu Tezuka in there as well. The magazine they give you when you walk in has more info in it than the bits on the wall.
    yep. this link will explain it more then i could ever hope too..
    12 aberdeen sorry..
    I didn't get the mag... just info that there was an exhibition of fabric on around the corner, and that the fabric was good..

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    Funny I was just playing with Classics Astrotrain and was humming Starlight express and lo and behold I see it included in that Cartoon timeline pics there in your link Tets... ah most of em toons got shown back in the days when I was still young in Phils... good memories

Interesting that they didnt feature Doraemon or Spooky Kitaro... I would've thought they'd was pretty popular and old school, but then again there's alot of manganime not featured heheheheh. Thanks for sharin the pics
    Doraemon was covered on one of the wall things, briefly... I was surprised at the lack of Spooky Kitaro as well. Although I haven't seen anything about it in Australia, I know it' pretty popular in Japan and has been going for a long time. I was surprised at the complete lack of Yamato/Starblazers, a hugely influential anime, which I am re-watching right now, and it's still pretty damn good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Geigerrock-2 View Post
    just info that there was an exhibition of fabric on around the corner, and that the fabric was good..
    Oh yeah.

Wait!! WOT? Fabric? BWA HA HA HA!

I must have missed that one (<_<) (>_>)

Aww, I won't be able to have look before it finishes. I want a photo of myself with Ultraman!