Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Sale March 15 + April 1

Default MOTUC Sale March 15 + April 1

Heads up for the next sale - now set for 2 days rather than 1, thanks to the Vikor Scenario (at least they're telling us beforehand this time)

MOTUC King Hssss™ Figure: The Club Eternia® Figure of the Month for March features a fully articulated snake form torso! Please note that this item is arriving in two shipments. All subscriptions will be fulfilled first and the small amount remaining will be offered to non-subscription customers on 3/15. We’ll hold a special second sale on 4/1 after the second shipment arrives. Included with 2011 Club Eternia® subscriptions.

Also on sale:

MOTUC Battle Armor® Skeletor® Figure: The March Club Eternia® Subscription Figure comes with a fan-demanded purple battle axe, plus 3 swappable chest plates! Included with 2011 Club Eternia® subscriptions.

MOTUC Princess Adora Figure (re-issue): Here’s another shot at the elusive Adora! Please note this figure is a re-issue, which means most packages will have a graphic burst stating “The Original.” Not included with 2011 Club Eternia® subscriptions.

MOTUC Count Marzo® Figure (re-issue): Fan-favorite evil Count Marzo® is back! Also a re-issue, most packages will have a graphic burst stating “The Original.” Not included with 2011 Club Eternia® subscriptions.

MOTUC Evil-Lyn® Figure (re-issue): Don’t miss a second chance at this collection-essential figure! Again, most packages will have a graphic burst stating “The Original.” Not included with 2011 Club Eternia® subscriptions.

Eagerly awaiting King Hsss this month, hope i can get some of the limited stock on the 15th. Check out Pixel Dan's review if you haven't already!

Too bad about King Hsss, this will increase the shipping cost as he would ship out separately if you miss out on the 15/3 release but at least they are warning us before hand so no nasty surprises.

I will for sure be getting Adora and Evil-Lyn and of course King Hsss if I am able to get it on the day.

I might get a 2nd king hiss to display in snake from as well.

Pixel Dan's Review of King Hsss

Although I am not generally a fan of the Vintage look in the Classics line without any design updates, they have certainly pulled off an awesome King Hsss here. I am more partial to the 200X look of the character but I do like the updates here as they haven't just 'copied and paste' the look of the vintage toy as they did with Clawful but have actually revamped it a fair bit without changing the overall look.

Unlike the vintage figure, this new King Hsss does look threatening and has a more commanding look. The 200X design has something more akin to that of an Egyptian demigod in his looks while the Classics/Vintage has him more as a warrior but regardless the new figure has enough changes from the vintage and looks cool enough for me to get.

Original

200X

Classics

As a standalone design, i quite like King Hsss from 200x, but in terms of the character profile ("Dreadful Disguised Leader of the Evil Snake Men") i think the vintage design is more fitting.

He looks heroic and in disguise, with only the evil smirk hinting at the snake form, as opposed to 200x which looks evil through and through.

A special sale on April 1st!?

Hmmmmm.....

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    As a standalone design, i quite like King Hsss from 200x, but in terms of the character profile ("Dreadful Disguised Leader of the Evil Snake Men") i think the vintage design is more fitting.

He looks heroic and in disguise, with only the evil smirk hinting at the snake form, as opposed to 200x which looks evil through and through.
    The Vintage one looks heroic (sort of) but the Classics one looks mean as hell, specially with the eyes and the smirk. It could be just me but he does look totally evil.
    Last edited by kup; 22nd February 2011 at 02:19 AM.

Hiss is the only fig I want... battle to the last it would seem...

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Vintage design (specifically the MOTUC figure) is my personal fave! I never much liked the 200X design compared to the original.

Damn Matty now trying to take more of my $$ every month by making me place multiple orders!

Quote Originally Posted by Tallestblue View Post
    A special sale on April 1st!?

Hmmmmm.....
    Yeah - good point!

Because of the issues I have been having with my Subs I now have to get online to get my third King Hsss so I can display him in both forms. I might try the second sale date to avoid the intial rush.

If they regularly had seperate sale days for figures then I wouldn't need a sub