Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: TRU Chaos on Velocitron set now out

Yanks on TFW are reporting more cases of these are showing up at their local TRUs in Arizona, California... so I think there's more supply coming. Don't fret.

Since TRU seem to be getting more sets both in the US and in some Asian countries I wouldnt be surprised if it does show up here eventually.
    Probably will be some ridiculous price like AU$300 but still.
    Though I'll probably keep looking at overseas pricing, about AU$150 is my max

With all that said, I just managed to grab 2 of these from Amazon.com overnight.

It was fate. Woke up at 2AM, used the bathroom, picked up my phone... opened the browser and the last page there was the Amazon listing... and it said in-stock. Snap.

Quote Originally Posted by OptimusNerd View Post
    With all that said, I just managed to grab 2 of these from Amazon.com overnight.

It was fate. Woke up at 2AM, used the bathroom, picked up my phone... opened the browser and the last page there was the Amazon listing... and it said in-stock. Snap.
    Lucky Grab!!
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by OptimusNerd View Post
    I actually suspect that the sets being sold on Amazon are likely returns from TRU online. TRU sells many items THROUGH Amazon already, and it could be that sets purchased by collectors via TRU were returned for being imperfect, and now are being sold through the Amazon portal (or through some arrangement Amazon has with TRU).
    Would that even be possible. Amazon and TRU aren't related companies, and these are listed as being sold by Amazon, and Amazon notes if products are not "new", because they have a "used" category. (unless TRU were claiming that they were not returned stock)
    And wouldn't we see more TRU exclusive TFs listed on Amazon like this.

Looking at the two that I got for me and a friend, it could explain the damage to the boxes... although, stuff arrives from Amazon damaged all the time, so who can tell if it got to them like that.
    I just hope they aren't TRU returns, as it could mean there is a chance that they were opened, had something removed, resealed and returned. (both of my sets weren't missing anything)

Head scratcher...

Good luck for others wanting this though. I'll keep checking the listing from time to time, and post here if more show up.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Would that even be possible. Amazon and TRU aren't related companies, and these are listed as being sold by Amazon, and Amazon notes if products are not "new", because they have a "used" category. (unless TRU were claiming that they were not returned stock)
    And wouldn't we see more TRU exclusive TFs listed on Amazon like this.
    Could also be that they're damaged cases from the outset that TRU wouldn't accept, or that a distributor passed on to Amazon. Who knows. I'll report the condition of my 2 when they arrive, and we'll see if there's any pattern.

One available right now

More available right now, just got two

Gone again, but may be in stock again soon. Guess you never know with Amazon

Other is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

just got an order in. bless you Check4Change plug in