View Poll Results: Masterpiece Thrust - worth getting?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Another MP Seeker - hells yes!

8 50.00%
  • Only if WAY cheaper than he is now

4 25.00%
  • Only if...

1 6.25%
  • Na

2 12.50%
  • Thrust this toy straight into the nearest trash compactor!

1 6.25%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - MP-11NT Thrust

Default Toy Review - MP-11NT Thrust

THRUST
    Series - Masterpiece
    New/remould/redeco - remould/redeco
    Wave - n/a (MP-11NT)
    Released here - released in Japan in October
    Approximate Retail Price - $170us
    Approximate Size - 24cm
    Allegiance - Decepticon
    Alt-mode - VTOL Fighter Jet
    Main Colours - Black, Grey, Maroon
    Main Accessories - Hologram Pilot, 2 rifles, 2 guns.

Robot Mode
    Thrust looks quite nice here, the expression is a tad blank but the face is a nice white colour and the eyes are yellow just like in the cartoon. The body has cartoon accurate colours too, though one could ask is this a good thing? For my money the colours on the toy were far superior to how his colours were portrayed in the cartoon. Thrusts knee pads are a bit too big and obscure his thighs, making him look more stubby than he really is but he does have his tail wings coming out of his calves and the main wings angle all make the legs and torso work. Despite some quibbles that are all relatively minor this is a pretty damn fine looking Thrust!

Vehicle Mode
    The theoretical F15-VTOL mode Thrust was based on has been faithfully represented here. It's really hard not to love the MP Seeker mold – in my opinion the best looking jets of the entire Transformers line ever! A very nice little touch they have put in is that his wing turbines actually rotate, though one has to do it via finger rather than being able to blow on it like some other TF toys. Thrust here has all the features the other MP Seekers have such as the nosecone and cockpit that open. He also has extra guns that go under the wings since his arm mounted ones fold in to the side.

Transformation
    Most people that have been collecting the MP Seekers know how to do this and it’s certainly not the most onerous MP transformation ever. A change they have made here from some of the other Seeker toys such as Ramjet is the configuration for the guns when converting to jet mode. The guns instead of swinging out on two big struts under the wings now fold down and sideways on double jointed smaller struts to sit flush with the side of the jet whilst two removable guns are placed under the wings.

Worth Getting?
    For the exorbitant price tag I’d say unless you are a mad TF collector then no. despite how cool he is. But if you are like me and just can't pass up having an MP of every Seeker than he will fit right in to your collection nicely.

For more photos and more detail check out my blog review of Masterpiece MP-11NT Thrust HERE

Mine can do a colossal ab crunch, but not in a good way. Might as well have a 5mm gap between its legs and torso. Its just a floppy mess and for almost $270 shipped I'd hoped tomy takara could have at least done some qc before releasing this overpriced crap. Put mine in jet mode and shoved it at the back of the cabinet so I don't have to look at it. This figure has left a very bitter taste in my mouth.

Mine is in BBTS Pile Of Loot. And it will stay there until early next year. Hoping on a recall/fix for the loose waist if enough people complain during that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    Mine is in BBTS Pile Of Loot. And it will stay there until early next year. Hoping on a recall/fix for the loose waist if enough people complain during that time.
    Mine was from BBTS and while the hips were very slightly loose they were fine

I haven't seen one review where the waist isn't floppy. A few reviewers just pick him up from below his nutsack to hide it, such as optibotimus, but you can clearly see the top half wobble back and forth whenever he bumps the figure. Its so loose you can almost swivel the torso 90 degrees left and right.

Quote Originally Posted by graza78 View Post
    I haven't seen one review where the waist isn't floppy. A few reviewers just pick him up from below his nutsack to hide it, such as optibotimus, but you can clearly see the top half wobble back and forth whenever he bumps the figure. Its so loose you can almost swivel the torso 90 degrees left and right.
    Really? THIS is a review where the waist wasn't floppy Guess it's not a video though.

But then maybe I lucked out. Like my Ramjet didn't have any issues with his shoulders that so many others seemed to cop

Just got mine from PC and it also has the floppy waist has anyone got any response from PC/Takara or fixes for the issue it's really awful for bot mode

Quote Originally Posted by Nevac View Post
    Just got mine from PC and it also has the floppy waist has anyone got any response from PC/Takara or fixes for the issue it's really awful for bot mode
    The easy fix is to wrap a thread at the junction between waist and torso. I used the clear elastic band that held the arms and null ray in the box. You want the string to go under and around the metal pin, making it vitually invisible.

Otherwise, heat the pin up with a soldering iron and pull it out. Replace it with a self tapping screw.

Either way, we shouldn't have to modify a $250 toy.

Hmm kinda fixed it by jamming a wad of paper in his butt (Small hole above peg) so at least he doesn't lean backwards anymore still this is very disapointing

Placed a clear plastic same used for batteries to avoid contact on terminal so can easily be removed. Just need him stand upright while displayed in bot mode.

Anyway just noticed one of the inverted triangles in my Thrust is way off center (nice one Takara cant they improve their paint apps section???)