Page 79 of 194 FirstFirst ... 596974757677787980818283848999 ... LastLast

Thread: The Random Transformers Thoughts Thread

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    You are locked in a dungeon and the last Transformer that you played with is now coming for you. Who's coming?

For me: 2013 Generations Stealth Bomber Megatron, so I'm screwed.
    Legends Mindwipe's headmaster figure. He should be human sized, I better go find me some lead piping for the biffo.

I was checking out the shops of Kobe and saw that TAV (RID) figures were discounted to make way for movie figures. They had a few movie figs on the shelves and a bunch of one step toys, which had been wrapped in bags to keep the toy clean.

It made me wonder if TT is doing the wrapping, or the store itself. They also had a sign up stating hey'd only sell one toy per customer. No doubles buying lads.

All I see is TAV and Movie figures. Legends toys are rarer than hen's teeth, it's bloody annoying!

So today is my 1yo's birthday. He's been staring longingly at the Transformers Crossovers Millenium Falcon in it's glass cabinet ever since he's been able to climb up onto the couch to look at it. Today I took it out of the cabinet and let him play with it.

I get a little cocky and decide to blow his mind by transforming the two halfs of the Falcon into Han and Chewie. Don't get three steps into Chewie before I break both his GPS prone arms. Luckily his arms don't need to be integral in order to lock back into alt mode

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    You are locked in a dungeon and the last Transformer that you played with is now coming for you. Who's coming?

For me: 2013 Generations Stealth Bomber Megatron, so I'm screwed.
    G1 Optimus Prime.
    Aha! I'm safe. Except for the incessant dying on his part -which no doubt he'll find a way to do in a locked dungeon- I'm pretty much set.

It seems that the Flip Racers greatest enemy is gravity...

FatalityPitt Guest

Despite being a shelf-warmer (at least in my side of town), TR Breakaway is a "rare" figure.

TR Breakaway was short-packed in wave 3 (1 unit per case of 8), which is understandable since he was a repaint. Non-completist collectors would probably only buy the first or best version of the mold and ignore the repaint. Similarly, Quake and Krok, who are also repaints; were also short-packed (1 of each in a case of 8). However, unlike Breakaway, Quake and Krok have been included in revision wave where they are no longer short-packed (2 of each per case).

To put it elegantly, TR Breakaway was short-packed in wave 3 and hasn't appeared in any other wave, which makes him the rarest figure in Titans Return at this moment.

I wouldn't recommend buying a figure just because of it's rarity, and you should only buy it if you like the toy (or the character it represents). Even a rare toy can be a bad one that nobody wants.

Personally, I don't think TR Breakaway is a bad toy. The mold design and transformation is solid, and the choice of palette is decent. The most glaring problem with it is that it has a very incomplete look about it. As if Hasbro originally intended for more paint applications but had to excluded some because of budget constraints.

This leads me the speculate that if they do re-release the figure in a revision wave, there will probably be running changes to the figure where there will be more paint apps (depending on Hasbro's financial performance). It'd be a similar story to the RTS Legends Starscream figure released in 2010. Of course, this is a very big IF.

Breakaway is common as chips around my area.

Quote Originally Posted by FatalityPitt View Post
    Personally, I don't think TR Breakaway is a bad toy. The mold design and transformation is solid, and the choice of palette is decent. The most glaring problem with it is that it has a very incomplete look about it. As if Hasbro originally intended for more paint applications but had to excluded some because of budget constraints.
    As I mentioned in my review, the toy only needs blue hands and/or forearms and it would make a huge difference.

While you're right from an availability point of view, the fact he isn't a desirable figures does take away from his rareness factor.
    But, yes, from a figure per case point of view, he would be the rarest.

In Hasbro's eyes, and Retailers who don't notice or care about characters, Breakaway was the toy in wave 3 that wasn't a new mould, so when it comes to stores who still have some wave 2 toys on the pegs, they don't want to risk having a majority of the stock being the one mould (Chromedome and Getaway).
    That's why most times a redeco comes along a wave after the original, it is short-packed.
    It could also be why they are trying to produce more toys that have remoulded parts these days, so that they can be released soon after the original version, without getting resistance from Retailers who just see a straight redeco as being the same toy, no matter who the characters are.

Except now Breakaway is 2 per case in the current lot getting shipped out....

Quote Originally Posted by Krayt View Post
    Except now Breakaway is 2 per case in the current lot getting shipped out....
    Is this another revision wave making the rounds?
    Breakaway wasnt included in the second revision wave that stores are currently receiving.