Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Rescue Bots toys revealed

Default New Rescue Bots toys revealed

The new Rescue Bots cartoon isn't expected to start until 2019, and toys for that cartoon aren't likely to come out until then as well, so it shouldn't be too much of a surprise that Hasbro will still be releasing Rescue Bots toys during that year gap.

Three new ones just found on the Entertainment Earth site, include Epic Optimus (the last of the main cast to be released as a non-transforming Epic toy), a "Rescan" Heatwave as a race car (like the Flip Racer Heatwave race car), and an unknown Bumblebee called "Rescue Guard" (probably another unusual one like the Dragon Bumblebee from 2017).
    The Rescan wave also has the Optimus from the 2016 trailer set on its own, which looks to be exactly the same as the 2016 release.

I saw that Brushfire and Optimus Prime at Kmart yesterday (sorry if this isn't news - I don't really follow Rescue Bots)

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I saw that Brushfire and Optimus Prime at Kmart yesterday (sorry if this isn't news - I don't really follow Rescue Bots)
    It's possible... as Entertainment Earth says a January release, and Amazon America had Optimus on there yesterday... and we can sometimes get the Rescue Bots early here.
    Unfortunately, Brushfire was first released three waves ago, which showed up here around June, so that doesn't help as an indicator. (and the Optimus could be a different truck version from an older wave, or the light blue one from two waves ago)
    Seeing Heatwave the race car would be confirmation though.

On a related note, it was mentioned at the beginning of December, the larger sized transforming Rescue Bots, were not being released in America... and one new mould (Salvage) may not be produced at all.

This is the larger size from the first three years of Rescue Bots, before the smaller "rescan" transforming toys came in 2014. Then at the end of 2016, some of the first year toys were re-released (Bumblebee and Heatwave were found in Hong Kong - maybe some others too), along with the new mould High Tide toy.
    I thought that I saw it once on Amazon America, but according to the Seibertron news posting, they won't be released in America. (and we didn't have them released here in Australia either)

I almost didn't buy High Tide when I saw it in HK in November 2016, thinking that it might be cheaper on Amazon, or show up here... but lucky I did, as it probably didn't get released outside of Asia, and people are now selling it for US$100 on ebay (from it's US$10-15 retail price just a year ago).

Another Rescue Bots toy for 2018, revealed from a proven reliable source - Tango Optimus... which uses the same codename (Tango) that the dragon Nightwatch Bumblebee used, suggesting another one-off big sized toy.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Another Rescue Bots toy for 2018, revealed from a proven reliable source - Tango Optimus... which uses the same codename (Tango) that the dragon Nightwatch Bumblebee used, suggesting another one-off big sized toy.
    An image of the "Tango Optimus" has been leaked, showing that it is indeed like the Nightwatch Bumblebee toy (which also had the Tango codename), with a T-Rex Optimus paired up with two dinosaur minicons.

Amazon America has just listed seven new Rescue Bots toys, but no images yet.

One is another of the Flip Racers (the tiny vehicles that transform when you stand them up) - race car Boulder (just like with the wave 2 single packs, this one sounds like it is just a single-pack release of the 3-pack Boulder toy, which could mean that the other two from that set (Quickshadow and Heatwave race car) could be released with Boulder in this third wave as well.

Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bot Speedster Boulder Playskool Action Figure - US$5.99
    Roll to the rescue with the Rescue Bots Flip Racers figures! Sized right for small hands, the Flip Racers vehicle converts from vehicle mode to bot mode in 1 easy step! Flip up the Speedster Boulder vehicle to convert it to bot mode. Flip it back down to convert it to race car mode and imagine speeding to the scene of a rescue!
    The rest of the new listings all have "playset" in their titles, but the price is only a dollar more than the transforming Rescue Bots toys... so either the playset is just the packaging looking like a diorama and these are full-size RB toys, or these are a new smaller size of transforming Rescue Bots toys packed with a mini-playset.
    If these are regular sized toys, they all appear to have new alt-modes, with some based on modes seen in the Flip Racers series.

E0147 - Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Rock Crawler Bumblebee Ps Figures and Playsets - US$9.99
    Imagine helping Bumblebee save the day! As a tough rock crawler, Bumblebee is ready to conquer tough terrain to race to the rescue!
    E0148 - Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Chase the Police Bot Ps Figures and Playsets - US$9.99
    Imagine helping Chase the Police-Bot save the day! As a sleek motorcycle, Chase is ready to go full throttle and race to the rescue!
    E0149 - Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Heatwave Classic Ps Figures and Playsets - US$9.99
    Imagine helping Heatwave the Fire-Bot save the day! As a slick race car, Heatwave the Fire-Bot is ready to roll to the rescue.
    E0150 - Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Salvage Cement Truck Ps Figures and Playsets - US$9.99
    Imagine helping Salvage save the day! As a formidable cement mixer, Salvage is ready to mix things up and roll to the rescue!
    E0151 - Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Jet Blade Ps Figures and Playsets - US$9.99
    Imagine helping Blades the Flight-Bot save the day! As a full-throttle VTOL jet, Blades is ready to scream through the skies to the rescue!
    This one could be part of a second wave, as it has a much higher Hasbro product number, and is noted on Amazon as being released AUGUST 1ST 2018.
    E2725 - Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Bumblebee Rescan Rd Ps Figures and Playsets - US$9.99
    Imagine helping Bumblebee save the day! As a sleek sports car, Bumblebee is ready to rev his engine and race to the rescue!

According to TFW, who have posted up its official images from Walmart's site, the Flip Racer Boulder (wave 3) is already out in America... and is not the race car version from the 3-pack. It is a vintage hotrod roadster, which is a new mould.

(just when I thought the Flip Racers were finished and I had the complete set, they go and release more for me to collect)

Galvatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    (just when I thought the Flip Racers were finished and I had the complete set, they go and release more for me to collect)
    Angel (on your shoulder): Don't bother griffin. It's just one new mould. Ain't nobody going to notice from your entire collection.

Devil (on your other shoulder): Don't listen to her griffin. You must have it. Your precious. Our precious. My precious.

Angel: Think of the money you'll save. All that money can buy better things. Like funky flavoured Pringles.

Devil: NOOOO! My precious! It's mine. Must. Have. It.

More new Rescue Bots toys have been found or revealed.

Another Flip Racers trackset, with Blurr (same paint apps as the Optimus Trackset Blurr, but with solid dark blue plastic instead of translucent plastic). It is called Blurr Reverse Speedway, because the car goes backwards through the second half of the track, so that it ends up transforming into robot mode at the end.

And two new "rescan" transforming bots - Salvage (cement mixer - new) and Chase (motorcycle - remould of 2017 Bumblebee).