Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1986 Movie flashback

Default 1986 Movie flashback

I just realised that it's the 25th anniversary for the original TFs movie later this year.

But this isn't a news posting about that...

Recently, writer Ron Friedman had been auctioning off artifacts for charity, including stuff related to his work on the Transformers Movie.

Now in the hands of fans, scans and info have been posted up publicly, revealing all sorts of weird and wonderful details 25 years later.

Main article on tfw2005 with early synopsis scans.

Interesting bits - a 'kill list', Predacons were originally to be Anibots (an Autobot team to take on Devastator), alternative names for Unicron, Galvatron has a friend... etc.

And concept image scans.

If only I was a member of TFW2005, I might be able to see these pics.

I looked to see if Seibertron had them, but they didn't, so we just have to wait until they are mirrored at a more public location. (or join up to tfw2005 to view them)

Not a member of TFW and don't plan on being. It's a bit annoying that they would keep this to themselves when they're happy to leak any other information / pics they obtain without permission...
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Amusing stuff, I'm glad some of the early concepts didn't go through to the finished product as they were. That would have been horrible

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Not a member of TFW and don't plan on being. It's a bit annoying that they would keep this to themselves when they're happy to leak any other information / pics they obtain without permission...
    +1 - OTCA is the only Transformers forum for me, so I'll just wait.

Kranix is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I joined as I really wanted to see the "kill list". I can post the list if anyone is interested? Although I am sure you guys know who they are.

I actually think that some of the storyboards that didn't make the cut would have been great as you would see more of the original characters in the movie. However the "kill list" didn't match up with the Autobots who were shown dead in some of these early storyboards. For example Sideswipe appears with Red Alert in one scene fighting the Constructicons but Red Alert gets killed and Sideswipe escapes. Sideswipe is on the kill list but Red Alert being a season 2 character was not.

Interestingly the storyboards seems to show Smokescreen being killed along with Windcharger however in the movie Wheeljack gets it since he is on the "kill list". Other season 1 Autobots are shown killed in the early storyboards but not shown in the movie e.g. Trailbreaker and Mirage. Would have been great to see these guys in the movie even if they dont make it through.

Of course then there are the mistakes like Hound and Sunstreaker appearing on earth as the Decepticons initially attack and then also on the shuttle with Optimus Prime! Although Hound it could be argued met up with Prime since he I think he is not shown piloting the shuttle like Sunstreaker is but are both shown as Prime disembarks to fight the Decepticons. Still they are really just errors.

I would love to see the 25th Anniversary of the movie celebrated with some changes to the movie like fixing the errors and adding in the missing characters but something tells me I am dreaming

Just awesome.

It would be interesting if toys like Ratbat, Steeljaw and the Predacons were concepts before they were toys (i.e. Hasbro had to work out how to make a combiner out of a lion, tiger, eagle, buffalo and rhino.) I know I've read about Blaster having a scorpion cassette somewhere before. And I actually like the alternative plot of the Decepticons seeking out energon to fuel Unicron.

"Ultra Magnus... is neither particularly bright nor charismatic." LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Nothing new, these have been seen on other websites.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Main article on tfw2005 with early synopsis scans.

Interesting bits - a 'kill list', Predacons were originally to be Anibots (an Autobot team to take on Devastator), alternative names for Unicron, Galvatron has a friend... etc.
    The Anibots were "revealed" in the script posted a few weeks ago.

The "Kill list" is not that surprising - it's all the 1984 toys that weren't being released in 1986, except for Jazz and Cliffjumper on Moonbase One (did their celebrity voices help?) and Laserbeak.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    I know I've read about Blaster having a scorpion cassette somewhere before.
    There's been a version of the draft movie script, with Blaster's alternate cassettes on the Internet since at least 2000 if not earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    And I actually like the alternative plot of the Decepticons seeking out energon to fuel Unicron.

"Ultra Magnus... is neither particularly bright nor charismatic." LOL.
    Mmm... Angolmois fresh...